Thinking of quitting, need some advice..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jurica.1742

Jurica.1742

I have a PU condi set on my mesmer and had a shatter, lockdown and PvE set. I basically wasn’t thinking well a few days ago and deleted 90g worth of gear since it was just taking up my inventory space, I wasn’t happy with it and there was 0 ways to make even two gold profit from it.
I am now sitting at 1 gold with only a condi PU set which I can take up to 5 players with. I feel like I’m not going out of my comfort zone with it, it’s basically boring.

I don’t really feel anything when I play the game, everything is just dull, like I’m just trying to make time pass quicker. I’ve not really played shatter or lockdown much to be honest, but I did enjoy the fast paced gameplay and I did get a few adrenaline rushes. Now I’m worried that power builds aren’t as viable without spending 84 gold for a set of strength runes.

I think I’m pretty much doing nothing but PvEing for gold only to loose it to some kittened mistake or just running around like an idiot in WvW getting very few fights (Gandarra has been in the lead in our Mist War since beginning, no one is really trying that hard, almost no roamers) and mostly getting zerged. So no matter what I do, I’m not really entertained.
PvP is okay but it’s not really the type of PvP I’d like. Capping points is kind of meh, I’d like it if it was more about actually killing players. I would like to do PvP but then all my effort in PvE is kind of gone down the drain, useless, I also don’t like the fact that maps are somewhat small. If you get in a 1v3 or 1v1, people will soon come to help either you or your enemy, which is a turn off for me.

I play an Asura which I don’t really like that much, armor sucks, weapons are small, can’t really relate to it much either
I’d love to make a Sylvari, Charr or Human but I don’t have the funds to gear it up.
I lost will and am considering quitting the game.
I’ve been thinking about salvaging my entire condi set on my Asura as it’s gold just sitting around. I’d be able to climb up to like 50 gold if I salvaged the set. (though I paid well over 100 for it). I’d then delete the Asura and make a new mesmer, level it and buy a shatter set for it in hope of the change having a positive impact on how I feel while playing the game.
I’m not interested in any other class. What do you guys think I should do to put fun back into the game? Should I make a Sylvari, get rid of my Asura and get a shatter set?
Sorry for the long post.
Have a wonderful rest of the day, happy gaming!

Pineapples rule

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

Money is easy to come by in this game. I don’t really see how people end up running out of it unless they’re constantly buying strength runes and stuff.

Basically, just do some dungeons as you level up, and you’ll have plenty of gold by the time you hit 80, that’s all you need.

in Mesmer

Jurica.1742

I don’t really understand that. I do CoF 1,2 AC 123 daily and I still often struggle to go over 10 gold in some cases. I do sometimes just go crazy like now and delete a lot of gear but I am generally always low on gold.
I guess I don’t really save. You have like 700 gold I believe you told me and that is unimaginable to me. It’s sometimes hard for me to keep gold when I know I could get a new build for that or a nice skin. I don’t have the patience to flip stuff on TP, buying 10 tormented skins and then waiting for the price to go high up would be torture to me. I’d sell them by the time they went up 5-10 gold.
I think that if I was funded by anyone to get the Sylvari to 80 by crafting and for a shatter/PvE set and maybe a condi again (since I have 2 ascended trinkets on me that are going to be useless if I switch to power) which would be what? 250-300 gold, that I’d be able to calm down when it comes to managing gold, but that’ll never happen.
For leveling I’d like to get it done asap, I only leveled two characters to 80 so far and each time it took me a lot. Over 80 hours to get to 80 with 1-2 crafting disciplines done to 400.

Pineapples rule

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Money is easy to come by in this game. I don’t really see how people end up running out of it unless they’re constantly buying strength runes and stuff.

Basically, just do some dungeons as you level up, and you’ll have plenty of gold by the time you hit 80, that’s all you need.

And yet, for many, it’s completely unrealistic. To give an explination-

Married man attempts to play Diablo III. Achieves world record 13 minutes of uninterrupted play.

Kansas City – James Massey, a married man in his late twenties, has set a new world record for continuous video game play. The record, set on a Friday evening, has inspired millions of espoused men everywhere.

“Some guys are calling me a hero, but I was just doing what any man would have done.” the world-record holder said. “This is my dream, it has always been my dream, to one day play video games for so long, all at once.”

The previous record, 11 minutes, held by Brian Hutchinson from Little Rock, was attained only when his wife accidentally locked herself in the basement. “I knew he was playing video games” his wife said, “but I wanted to rearrange some furniture in the basement. I thought it would look better if everything was shifted over a couple of inches.” Furious screaming from behind the locked basement door eventually pulled Brian away from his video game at the 11 minute mark.

Hutchinson commended the the new world-record gamer. “I don’t know how he did it. I didn’t think 13 minutes was even possible.”

James Massey credited his success to fearlessness and an iron will. “At the 10 minute mark, I thought it was all over. My wife wanted to put a new bed skirt on the guest bed, and she wanted me to lift up the mattress. I told her ‘hang on a sec hon’ and that gave me the opening I needed.” After telling his wife to hang on, she was briefly distracted by CSI:NY and forgot what she was doing.

“Once I passed the 11 minute mark, I knew I had done something really special.” James said, “I was finally pulled away from my game when CSI:NY cut to commercial and my wife wanted me to get some dishes down from the top shelf for a potluck we were going to later.”

While many challengers will dream of one day besting James and his incredible achievement, playing for over thirteen minutes won’t be easy. Many will try, but few will even come close.

Two ways to make money- spend a few hours of continuous play doing PvE content such as dungeons (not always reasonable, crazy as that sounds).

OR

Better yet, get your tailoring up to 500 and craft your daily bolt of damask. You can sell it daily for a decent profit.

For the occasional burst of funds, go through your matts bank and sell your bulk stacks.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

Two ways to make money- spend a few hours of continuous play doing PvE content such as dungeons (not always reasonable, crazy as that sounds).

Many dungeons take 20-30 minutes in even a standard pug group. I’m not saying you should farm arah, I’m saying you should run something like cof 1/2, coe paths, maybe even ac paths, or ta up. These are fast runs that don’t have a lot of complications. I fully understand time constraints.

Better yet, get your tailoring up to 500 and craft your daily bolt of damask. You can sell it daily for a decent profit.

You need startup funds of around 50-60 gold in order to do this, iirc. Once you’ve gotten to 450 crafting for making damask, go for it, it’s an easy 1-2 gold per day.

@Jurica: The key to having gold is not spending it. There are very few things that really require you to spend gold. Gear is not one of them (other than runes/sigils). Use badges of honor, karma, or again run dungeons to get your gear without spending any money. Nowadays you can even do PvP for your gear. That’s the biggest reason you’ll run out of money.

Occasional expenses on new skins and stuff like that won’t bleed you dry, especially if you are running multiple dungeon paths a day. You said you do cof 1/2 ac 123 daily. That’s roughly 6 gold per day. Over the course of a week, you’ll make 56 gold with that. I know that I personally don’t spend anywhere near to 56 gold a week. Try and see where all that gold is going.

(edited by Pyroathiest.4168)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Many dungeons take 20-30 minutes in even a standard pug group. I’m not saying you should farm arah, I’m saying you should run something like cof 1/2, coe paths, maybe even ac paths, or ta up. These are fast runs that don’t have a lot of complications. I fully understand time constraints.

You need startup funds of around 50-60 gold in order to do this, iirc. Once you’ve gotten to 450 crafting for making damask, go for it, it’s an easy 1-2 gold per day.

@Jurica: The key to having gold is not spending it. There are very few things that really require you to spend gold. Gear is not one of them (other than runes/sigils). Use badges of honor, karma, or again run dungeons to get your gear without spending any money. Nowadays you can even do PvP for your gear. That’s the biggest reason you’ll run out of money.

Occasional expenses on new skins and stuff like that won’t bleed you dry, especially if you are running multiple dungeon paths a day. You said you do cof 1/2 ac 123 daily. That’s roughly 6 gold per day. Over the course of a week, you’ll make 56 gold with that. I know that I personally don’t spend anywhere near to 56 gold a week. Try and see where all that gold is going.

Booze and woman.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

If your going glass cannon shatter imo you get more out of going Zerker and stacking crit and ferocity. I dunno if it’s unviable PvE after nerfs but PvE is hard to mess up unless your doing hard core speed runs. Meaning you can opt out of strength runes.

And you still have your old set for WvW if you keep getting rekt.

As for gold, 3 choices, champ farm, edge of mist farm, or PvP. (This is aside from daily dungeons)

If edge and champ farms bore you, and your bad at PvP, go hotjoin where only try hards care.

Realistically outside of runes and sigils everything else is practically given to you. Getting an exotic set of any type of gear is fairly easy.

And with the new system skins shouldn’t be a problem.

Also never delete your stuff: salvage or forge.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: serialkicker.5274

serialkicker.5274

OP, If you want add me and you can join for a dungeon tour. You’ll make 20-40g or more a day.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kirec.2394

Kirec.2394

There’s a lot of discussion of making gold, and I can certainly understand the frustration of being broke, but I’m not sure that’s the main issue here.

OP, it sounds to me like you might need a break from GW2. There’s nothing wrong with it, I’m currently back from my 3rd or 4th several month break myself. If you find yourself not enjoying what you’re doing with the game, don’t play! Pick up another game, or invest more time in some other hobby or interest for a while. Moderation will spice things up for you and you might find yourself interested again in a few weeks or months. My last break was about 4 months long and I don’t feel like I “lost” anything by not playing. GW2 is great in that respect. Ask yourself WHY you’re playing, and if the answer is “because I need gold to enjoy the game” or “so I don’t miss my dailies” (I’m guilty of this one) or “because I have nothing else to do” you should probably stop.

Hope you get it sorted, I empathize.

in Mesmer

Jurica.1742

Thank you all for the replies.
I will not take a break from GW2 as I do not play it too much (around 2h/day weekdays and Friday-Sunday around 4h a day which is a lot to other people, but I feel it’s not a lot. I do have an active social life, don’t worry) and I don’t play to make gold or to not miss my daily. I play it because simply I kind of do enjoy it and have a little bit of fun. I was still a bit angry when I wrote the OP and it does hold some water still, the thing I said about WvW is true but I guess it’s just going to last a bit longer until the tournament thing is done and the part where I’m wasting time is true partially. I will shut my wallet and just let things flow in while I level a Sylvari up to 80 and do some dungeons on my Asura. I may make a Charr but I’m not 100% sure on that, yet. I should be done by next weekend and I should have enough gold to get myself a shatter set. I will keep the PU build, I won’t sell it because I think I will still want to play it after a while for sure. The thing that makes me not want to re-roll is that I have 55% map completion as well as personal story done, and both of those were a massive pain in the rear. I may actually end up keeping the Asura because of those two factors. I still have to think about that.

Thank you once again!

Have a wonderful day, happy gaming!

~Monns

Pineapples rule