This is why I love staff, in sPvP over Gsword

in Mesmer

Posted by: Winterfell.8915

Winterfell.8915

Staff got it all, it got dmg, it got support, it got heals, blocks, leap, blindness, poison cripple, Might, fury, conditions etc etc ^^ Look guardians melt.

Seraphim Invictus (team, tPvP):

in Mesmer

Posted by: shiNn.2571

shiNn.2571

GEMA
yeah i love my country…

Mighty Shinn
Jealous Much [JM]

in Mesmer

Posted by: schopenhauer.4082

schopenhauer.4082

yeah tell me about it^^
proxies help though

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hironymo.7263

Hironymo.7263

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Can you post your build/traits? Looks fun.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Mesmer

Posted by: Strill.2591

Strill.2591

I can’t follow it at all. In the first few seconds of your video, you drop Chaos Storm, dodge for a clone, then use your phantasm and backwards teleport for another clone. Your opponent then kills the phantasm and one clone and is reduced to around 75% HP. What did he take damage from? I only see a handful of small conditions, you never shattered, and you didn’t use any basic attacks either. Compared to my experience with staff this might as well be exploiting.

The only explanation I can muster is that this guardian had no toughness or vitality bonuses, and was a horrendously bad player.

(edited by Strill.2591)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kelesti.2458

Kelesti.2458

This guardian stood in Chaos Storm the entire duration, had burning eating away at him from Winds of Chaos, stacks of Confusion from hitting a person with Chaos Armor. Weapon Swap, Illusionary Leap. Swap for the Immobilize, Mind Wrack (one more stack of Confusion too) and Blurred Frenzy on his planted butt. Then Mirror Images – > Cry of Frustration for a little bit more confusion/burst damage and finish the job.

You’re seeing no shatters being used because he has the passive trait that refreshes the cooldown on them at 50% health (on a 90 second cooldown). But they are being used.

Have to say, halfway through with the Blurred Frenzy ignoring Sanctuary’s “GTFO”, I smiled pretty wide on that.

in Mesmer

Posted by: zachzak.3185

zachzak.3185

i am also curious about your traits/build/whatever people are calling it these days as i just want to compare to my staff mesmer build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

Nice stuff winter

in Mesmer

Posted by: Passive Aggressive.3154

Passive Aggressive.3154

I definitely love staff and was wondering how a mesmer could even dream of playing without having it as one of their weapons sets. But I recently changed to a shatter build and am using sword/pistol and greatsword and I have to say it is a ton of fun. I never loved the greatsword until I tried it with a shatter build.

But yeah staff is pretty sweet especially if you want to survive ridiculous odds in both PvE and PvP. That is the thing I do really like about this game. The ability to switch weapons and traits and feel like you are playing a totally different class.

“Do what you want to do and don’t tell other people how to behave.” ~ Ruth Stout

in Mesmer

Posted by: ManCaptain.3154

ManCaptain.3154

Are there people who like GS over Staff? Staff is a must in sPvP, once it gets nerfed, things will get worse considerably. Without staff it’s really hard to get enough survivability in spvp.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Passive Aggressive.3154

Passive Aggressive.3154

Staff already got nerfed! But yeah I thought that pvp would be unplayable without staff and I was wrong. GW is just as viable (different type of play though).

“Do what you want to do and don’t tell other people how to behave.” ~ Ruth Stout

in Mesmer

Posted by: Strill.2591

Strill.2591

This guardian stood in Chaos Storm the entire duration, had burning eating away at him from Winds of Chaos, stacks of Confusion from hitting a person with Chaos Armor. Weapon Swap, Illusionary Leap. Swap for the Immobilize, Mind Wrack (one more stack of Confusion too) and Blurred Frenzy on his planted butt. Then Mirror Images – > Cry of Frustration for a little bit more confusion/burst damage and finish the job.
You’re seeing no shatters being used because he has the passive trait that refreshes the cooldown on them at 50% health (on a 90 second cooldown). But they are being used.
Have to say, halfway through with the Blurred Frenzy ignoring Sanctuary’s “GTFO”, I smiled pretty wide on that.

What does Illusionary Invigoration have to do with anything? By 0:07 neither he nor his opponent were reduced to 50% health and none of his shatters are on cooldown yet his opponent is at 75% HP. Even if he were reduced to 50% HP the shatter ability should’ve briefly appeared on cooldown. Furthermore, his opponent is reduced to 50% hp moments later yet never once does a single one of his shatters appear on cooldown.

I don’t know what game you’re playing but my shatters go on cooldown immediately the moment I press the button.

(edited by Strill.2591)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Keldrath.4735

Keldrath.4735

Are there people who like GS over Staff? Staff is a must in sPvP, once it gets nerfed, things will get worse considerably. Without staff it’s really hard to get enough survivability in spvp.

I swear by greatsword and never cared for staff myself.

80 Necromancer/Guardian/Mesmer
Isle of Janthir
Super Ultra Mega Awesome [SUMA]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kelesti.2458

Kelesti.2458

What does Illusionary Invigoration have to do with anything? By 0:07 neither he nor his opponent were reduced to 50% health and none of his shatters are on cooldown yet his opponent is at 75% HP. Even if he were reduced to 50% HP the shatter ability should’ve briefly appeared on cooldown. Furthermore, his opponent is reduced to 50% hp moments later yet never once does a single one of his shatters appear on cooldown.
I don’t know what game you’re playing but my shatters go on cooldown immediately the moment I press the button.

That very first fight? Let’s take a look.

I’m seeing Guardian standing in Chaos Storn. Check.
Chaos Armor up and the Guardian hitting it. Check.
Chaos Storm giving a Block so the Guardian did absolutely no damage.
A burn ticked for its full short duration, but that lead into a Poison, Confusion, Two Stacks of Bleed, and a Blind being up when the Warlock had its single attack going off before it died.

The fact that the Guardian stood right there and tried to beat through both Chaos Armor and Chaos Storm at the same time is what got him killed more than anything (gg Warlock).

As far as what happens with his shatters, he uses them in the final push (coupled with Blurred Frenzy) to finish him off, drops down below 50% and he ends the fight with them back up. The Guardian in question here has a smaller healthpool than I would expect, even from their already lower base health profession (also a little low on toughness?), but the fact he stood there swinging is why he lost the fight.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daisai.5879

Daisai.5879

Staff got it all, it got dmg, it got support, it got heals, blocks, leap, blindness, poison cripple, Might, fury, conditions etc etc ^^ Look guardians melt.

Seraphim Invictus (team, tPvP):

Funny how you say “staff got it all” however most of the time you were using a sword/gun setup.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Winterfell.8915

Winterfell.8915

Yeh over Gsword, but must say now I lvoe gsword also ^^ Fun for groupfights, staff is easyer for 1vs1