This patch has made mesmer the joke of pvp

in Mesmer

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Shatter mesmers are based on shatters — not BF. The two are not related at all. You can just as easily shatter without a sword.

That’s the major problem most players have with your post Castervania. Shatters were the least impacted build in the entire Mesmer arsenal with the patch.

If the nerf to BF ruined your ability to do well in sPvP, then I think you have other problems unrelated to the nerf. Seriously.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

Shatter mesmers are based on shatters — not BF. The two are not related at all. You can just as easily shatter without a sword.

That’s the major problem most players have with your post Castervania. Shatters were the least impacted build in the entire Mesmer arsenal with the patch.

If the nerf to BF ruined your ability to do well in sPvP, then I think you have other problems unrelated to the nerf. Seriously.

This^ Shatter barely got touched…………..thankfully.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Castervania.3560

Castervania.3560

I repeat mesmer is a joke. I would rather play ele and feel like i’m doing something. Mesmer just doesn’t feel the same anymore, I believe that this people talking here run other classes and that’s why they are happy with the changes or they are pver, they have no idea of how hard it just got to solo in spvp and they could care less.
This is the only class I play and would not reroll regardless.

Please go and make a Eles, and see how useful Eles is in WvW. I challenge you to roam as Eles which can be done by Mesmer. And I am a PvPer, you can check my leader-board rank if u wish to do so if u are not believe in me.

Since I see you are so disagree with this Nerf and think it is too much, why so? Sure BF now no longer give you invulnerable, but still allow you to evade the whole entire time, which mean you can still cast it without worrying about a thing in the world, except now you have to watch out for Shocking Aura. CD has been changed to 10s to 12s (2s Difference),sure it will take time to get used to but it is not impossible to do so. Remember RtL nerf to Eles? Please elaborate me how RtL nerf back then is justify. Mesmer kill people with BF, while Eles use RtL to run away. BF still give you Evade and 2s longer CD while RtL being Nerf from 15s to 20s, then from 20s on hit to 40s off hit. Please remind me how easy it is to miss an attack. That’s nerf there barely touching the Bunker Build which was intended to tone down Bunker Build but COMPLETELY destroy our ability to Roam in WvW as well as to cross map faster in PvE. It takes time to adjust to this Nerf and we have had a hard time to do so. Or when Thief geting 4s reveal debuff, that Completely mess up their rotation chaining Stealth. Compare to these two Nerf, BF nerf will not make much different than normal. You can still cast it with no worry, you can still do Dams like bf, you can still combo off it easily, the only different now is every 12s instead of 10s like bf. It will take time to adjust, I give you that but it is not a MAJOR nerf that it is IMPOSSIBLE to do so. Also back then, they did not give us anything to compensate for the nerf while in this patch, they give you buff to compensate for that. So be happy.

You are obviously not a shatter mesmer. The whole thing was based on BF. At least mine was.

Ive played shatter mesmer from since launch. I have over 1450 hours on Godmoney. I can handle this nerf and adapt.

In fact the nerf I’ll go so far as to say it was a justified nerf. This hasn’t stopped me from winning.

You know what good for you, as for the rest of us, we are not so happy about it.

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

in Mesmer

Posted by: DrixTrix.7168

DrixTrix.7168

The BF was a completely justified nerf and as a shatter mesmer (very simular to osicats heavy mist 2.0 build) i have not seen any, really small things here and there but nothing major, shatter has not been effected all that much.

you are most likely not in the top of the crop as other professions got some nice buffs, on top of that in the screen the game is not even close to being finished the maximum points someone has is 65, that’s just 10 above you, hardly a big deal, what did you do for the rest of this game? come onto the forums?

edit: just double checked myself and your very possibly not feel great as there is a lot of necro’s around, they just wreck people at the moment and we don’t have too much condi removal kittenter, they are not immortal or unbeatable however.

so what did i do last night? i took all the condi removal possible for a mesmer, then necro’s started to fall down, slowly and i was still low on health but still….change your build if your fighting more awkward opponents that often.

(edited by DrixTrix.7168)

in Mesmer

Posted by: cottage.3274

cottage.3274

S#3 Cripple on hit, Swap Immobilized. Even if miss, pistol #5 give stun. Please tell us any other class weapon set out there that has this many CC on Weapon Skill? S#2 before also give you Invulnerable, so BF is a SURE HIT if your target being CC, not to mention you can also activate Shatter instantly while being Invulnerable. Say for example, with Eles, if you are being CC, you can activate Shocking Aura to stop the melee burst but it NEVER works with Mesmer AT ALL. On top of everything else, like I mentioned bf on my post, other class Burst required a specific skill to get the burst off, so they can not be repeated until the main skill off CD which is normally NEVER under 10s. Mesmer Burst can be sued every 8s.. BF is too strong for such a skill with INSANSE short CD

this

and this
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Why-did-you-nerf-the-pull/first#post2298746

clearly shows you have no idea how play a mesmer or fight em.

you keep calling bf “mesmer burst” is the 3k on a gc is what makes it a burst for you
or is it when shatter builds use it with well…shatter?
any its very again very easy to avoid.
they nerf into the void what more do you need.
you qq that for it to 100% work the target needs to be cc so there is no stun breakers anymore?no invulnerable? or we can call 100b build op also? to set up a burst you need a long and at this point very predictable build up and you cant handle it?
and just fyi any rock or slight elevation will screw your sword 3 so its not as reliable as you think.

Please tell us any other class weapon set out there that has this many CC on Weapon Skill?

engineer rifle.

now you need to get that anet didnt nerf the offensive side of the skill if they wanted to do it they would give it the thief s/p stun lock pistol whip treatment and make Illusionary Leap 0.5 immobilize and flat 15% dmg nerf,but they didnt they only wanted to nerf the defensive side alot of ppl agree it was over the top but they also think anet over did it that`s it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Helios.3598

Helios.3598

Sounds like we’re not face-roll easy any more which is good. I’m tired of seeing all the mesmers in PvP and WvW. Maybe a higher skill floor will scare away the bandwagon players.

I might agree with this if all the classes were balanced. Instead, Necro and Engineer took the place of Mesmer and Thieves. That our class was nerfed overall and other classes received major buffs seems too unbalanced. I wouldn’t blame anyone for class hopping until things are rebalanced.

mesmer of Blackgate
http://intothemists.com/

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levitas.1953

Levitas.1953

S#3 Cripple on hit, Swap Immobilized. Even if miss, pistol #5 give stun. Please tell us any other class weapon set out there that has this many CC on Weapon Skill? S#2 before also give you Invulnerable, so BF is a SURE HIT if your target being CC, not to mention you can also activate Shatter instantly while being Invulnerable. Say for example, with Eles, if you are being CC, you can activate Shocking Aura to stop the melee burst but it NEVER works with Mesmer AT ALL. On top of everything else, like I mentioned bf on my post, other class Burst required a specific skill to get the burst off, so they can not be repeated until the main skill off CD which is normally NEVER under 10s. Mesmer Burst can be sued every 8s.. BF is too strong for such a skill with INSANSE short CD

this

and this
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Why-did-you-nerf-the-pull/first#post2298746

you keep calling bf “mesmer burst” is the 3k on a gc is what makes it a burst for you
you qq that for it to 100% work the target needs to be cc so there is no stun breakers anymore?no invulnerable? or we can call 100b build op also? to set up a burst you need a long and at this point very predictable build up and you cant handle it?
and just fyi any rock or slight elevation will screw your sword 3 so its not as reliable as you think.

Please tell us any other class weapon set out there that has this many CC on Weapon Skill?

engineer rifle.

now you need to get that anet didnt nerf the offensive side of the skill if they wanted to do it they would give it the thief s/p stun lock pistol whip treatment and make Illusionary Leap 0.5 immobilize and flat 15% dmg nerf,but they didnt they only wanted to nerf the defensive side alot of ppl agree it was over the top but they also think anet over did it that`s it.

I couldnt reply better. I also found that specific post and was going to quote it.
you, stealth, may want to create a thread for the elementalist since it seems you dislike their current state and keep speaking about them. This thread is about mesmer, the one with butterflies.

in Mesmer

Castervania.3560

this

and this

engineer rifle.

I couldnt reply better. I also found that specific post and was going to quote it.
you, stealth, may want to create a thread for the elementalist since it seems you dislike their current state and keep speaking about them. This thread is about mesmer, the one with butterflies.

Hands down!

in Mesmer

Posted by: ManCaptain.3154

ManCaptain.3154

Plus you can get the combo every 8 sec if traited (bf patch),

This is simply not true. Blurred frenzy doesn’t start recharging until after it finishes. Also mind wrack can’t have lower than 10 sec recharge. This also assumes I can produce 3 clones every 10 sec consistently (again, not always true). The timings are longer and this also assumes that an opportunity to burst comes up every 10 sec and it’s used instantly. This is a load of crap. I’d rather have a burst on 20 sec cooldown than a weaker one on 10 sec cooldown simply because I won’t be able to do it on the recharge.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

I think everyone else has covered this pretty extensively, but FWIW:

Shatter mesmers were the least touched of all the builds. Not only do you retain IC, you also generally will trait sword, reducing the cd increase to only 1.6 seconds as opposed to 2 seconds. The fact that you seem to be unable to get high scores in sPvP hotjoin is a reflection only of your lack of skill, not the fact that shatter builds got nerfed.

in Mesmer

ManCaptain.3154

S#3 Cripple on hit, Swap Immobilized. Even if miss, pistol #5 give stun. Please tell us any other class weapon set out there that has this many CC on Weapon Skill?

Sure. Warrior mace or hammer has more CC. There’s also loads of others that have 2 CCs, like engineer rifle, pistol/shield, guardian scepter/shield, and many others I could name.

In the end the problem is that mesmer weapons do the lowest damage in the game, so all the damage must come from phantasms or shatters. Mesmer sword autoattack is the lowest damage melee autoattack in the game.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levitas.1953

Levitas.1953

To be fair i think we are still the funniest class and i would still play my mesmer even with a gray slot instead of blurred frenzy.
Experiment, test, you’ll find some tweaks for your build and start to win again.
Also, if i understood the problem of that screen isnt the score but the popularity of necros and warriors. Nothing to complain about i add, they got some nice changes and people like nice changes.

(edited by Levitas.1953)

in Mesmer

Castervania.3560

Shatter mesmers were the least touched of all the builds. Not only do you retain IC, you also generally will trait sword, reducing the cd increase to only 1.6 seconds as opposed to 2 seconds. The fact that you seem to be unable to get high scores in sPvP hotjoin is a reflection only of your lack of skill, not the fact that shatter builds got nerfed.

The picture was not about the score, its about the amount of players that now bandwagon to necros and warriors. and i’m still killing in spvp. I just think its unfair that sword got such a big nerf, okey remove distortion but why make it such a long cd?
They aimed for build diversity they only put 2 to 3 classes to play.

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

The picture was not about the score, its about the amount of players that now bandwagon to necros and warriors. and i’m still killing in spvp. I just think its unfair that sword got such a big nerf, okey remove distortion but why make it such a long cd?

Why on earth do you care about the amount of players that bandwagon to necros and warriors? That makes 0 sense.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Finale.5281

Finale.5281

Lucky that u are still useful on small Scale, Eles is a joke when it comes to roam as well as a joke come to Zerg as well. The only thing I can see Eles being useful is being their farming Token bag.

You must be that kind of player that anet usually listen when they do balance changes.
Blurred frenzy has a counter in itself, you cant move while using it. Also, the target cant move away or the damage is null. I know different ways to avoid what you think is “the unavoidable combo” as a mesmer, other classes cant? I guess we should first nerf blurred frenzy, then start to nerf our various leaps, teleports, immunities and so on. This must be the solution, dont you think. A CD increase was probably needed (even if a lot of bursty skills are on a low cd), the double nerf is a bit too much.

THANK YOU! finally someone with common sense. unavoidable combos? noobs cants avoid those combos because they cant think for themself.

Plus one. Clearly stunbreaking, dodge-rolling, invincibility (mist form), or stability don’t exist as well.

Will second later comments regarding lack of build diversity as well. Just because a build can exist doesn’t make it viable, much less good.

in Mesmer

Castervania.3560

Lucky that u are still useful on small Scale, Eles is a joke when it comes to roam as well as a joke come to Zerg as well. The only thing I can see Eles being useful is being their farming Token bag.

You must be that kind of player that anet usually listen when they do balance changes.
Blurred frenzy has a counter in itself, you cant move while using it. Also, the target cant move away or the damage is null. I know different ways to avoid what you think is “the unavoidable combo” as a mesmer, other classes cant? I guess we should first nerf blurred frenzy, then start to nerf our various leaps, teleports, immunities and so on. This must be the solution, dont you think. A CD increase was probably needed (even if a lot of bursty skills are on a low cd), the double nerf is a bit too much.

THANK YOU! finally someone with common sense. unavoidable combos? noobs cants avoid those combos because they cant think for themself.

Plus one. Clearly stunbreaking, dodge-rolling, invincibility (mist form), or stability don’t exist as well.

Will second later comments regarding lack of build diversity as well. Just because a build can exist doesn’t make it viable, much less good.

agree

in Mesmer

Castervania.3560

I am still killing, at a lower rate but still there. The only diference is that sword is not worthy on a group situation anymore.

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

I am still killing, at a lower rate but still there. The only diference is that sword is not worthy on a group situation anymore.

This patch did not affect the ability of a shatter mesmer to kill things. If you are killing at a lower rate, it is from your end, not the build.

in Mesmer

Castervania.3560

lets see what would happen a week from now. Time would tell…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pinny.9018

Pinny.9018

A week or so from now people will realize that losing the 5 points into illusions for illusionist celerity doesn’t make the mesmer useless and are overreacting. It’s how it is for all patches in every game that adds buffs and nerfs: People see a nerf and talk about how it’s the end of the world and they’re rerolling and their class is worthless etcetcetc.

Then later down the line someone makes a new build that, surprise surprise, puts 25 points in illusions instead of 5 points and all of a sudden mesmers are good again.

in Mesmer

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

I’m glad more players are playing non-mesmer professions. That’s good and will keep us out of the spotlight for a little while.

Before it was all thieves, mesmers, and guardians.

But like someone else already said… who cares what profs are being played. It’s not a popularity contest.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fenrir.5493

Fenrir.5493

My mesmer any day dan my warrior.

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

Shatter wasn’t really affected, except for Blurred Frenzy.

I tried a 0/20/30/0/20 Prismatic Understanding build today, it was surprisingly effective.

That’s what I’ve been running in WvW. It’s really quite good.

in Mesmer

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

lol..and do you also think that playing a mesmer constitutes skill?

in Mesmer

Posted by: cottage.3274

cottage.3274

Castervania your a bit overreacting sword is still very much viable,shatter build is very much viable the nerfs are not the end of the world nor do they destroy your build.
all the nerfs this patch as unload on us are all reasonable to some extent.
i like the high risk high reward they bring with the changes but i fear that having bf get interrupted and stun or have it cleave nearby (power based) people with retaliation.
i feel that in the rare occasions it will happen it can be too game breaking.
but this will remain to be seen.
so lets chill pl

in Mesmer

Posted by: dani.1956

dani.1956

Mesmer = joke class ! In sign of protest I’m moving my 2 legendaries to guardian and delete this Master Of Duelist ( like anet tells when you enter to see the mesmer profile = lie ) 1vs fail everytime ! And please no l2p no video fighting noobs ! And its not this nerf patch only , its about every freakin patch from 1 january until now was a mesmer nerf ! I know that anet play the game , did a mesmer beat you and you got a grudge on this class or what is it ? Have a nice day !

in Mesmer

Castervania.3560

Why on earth do you care about the amount of players that bandwagon to necros and warriors? That makes 0 sense.

What i intended to say is that they aimed for build diversity instead they put 2 to 3 classes on the game. All other classes are no longer a good option, in order to do anything u need to feel like u have to invest so much.

Not over reacting, just saying that the nerf on sword was a little too much.

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

What i intended to say is that they aimed for build diversity instead they put 2 to 3 classes on the game. All other classes are no longer a good option, in order to do anything u need to feel like u have to invest so much.

I agree, the cooldown nerf on blurred frenzy was too much at the time. They should have changed it to evade and waited for the next balance patch to nerf the cooldown if it was still felt necessary.

I also agree that they massively failed if they were trying to provide build diversity, and I’ve been over this many times.

That being said, the classes showing up in hotjoin are not representative of anything other than the current flavor of the month. Trying to use that as an example of anything other than what the current flavor of the month is, is absolutely illegitimate.

in Mesmer

Castervania.3560

I agree, the cooldown nerf on blurred frenzy was too much at the time. They should have changed it to evade and waited for the next balance patch to nerf the cooldown if it was still felt necessary.

I also agree that they massively failed if they were trying to provide build diversity, and I’ve been over this many times.

That being said, the classes showing up in hotjoin are not representative of anything other than the current flavor of the month. Trying to use that as an example of anything other than what the current flavor of the month is, is absolutely illegitimate.

Same thing different ways of expression. Did you notice how op are other classes compared to us now?

in Mesmer

Castervania.3560

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Blurred-Frenzy-Change-Question this is exactly what im refering to when i said sword took a big hit!!!

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

Same thing different ways of expression. Did you notice how op are other classes compared to us now?

Strangely enough, I didn’t. I still seem to be facerolling everyone I come across. I wonder why…

in Mesmer

Posted by: curtegg.5216

curtegg.5216

Note to anet: Just saw a youtube of a warrior achieving 30k damage on a purple boss.
Please swap Mesmer developer with the developer for warrior. Maybe we would get logically aligned traits.

in Mesmer

Castervania.3560

Strangely enough, I didn’t. I still seem to be facerolling everyone I come across. I wonder why…

Please tell me what server you are on and what do you play wvw, spvp or tpvp? i would like to get to know you more personal.

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

Please tell me what server you are on and what do you play wvw, spvp or tpvp? i would like to get to know you more personal.

I am on dragonbrand, and I play wvw and occasionally tpvp.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Mesmer

Castervania.3560

All i want is to face him at least twice to see how powerfull he really is.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hexxen.7216

Hexxen.7216

The only thing I really saw out of that video was that Necro may have gotten really popular? Going to go run through their forums and see what they got.

in Mesmer

ManCaptain.3154

A week or so from now people will realize that losing the 5 points into illusions for illusionist celerity doesn’t make the mesmer useless and are overreacting.

Yes. Increasing cooldown of half the skills used in common builds by 25% is totally not the biggest nerf that has ever been in GW2. I guess mesmers winning 1v1s was too much, since there’s all sorts of other areas they are great at.

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

All i want is to face him at least twice to see how powerfull he really is.

Or you can face me in a duel. PvP regularrrrrllllyyyy.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

@ABERRANT LOLOLOLOLOL… Made my day man.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Helios.3598

Helios.3598

@Abberant:

mesmer of Blackgate
http://intothemists.com/

in Mesmer

Posted by: djtool.8372

djtool.8372

Why is it bandwagon that many people are play their warriors and necros now , or that more people are try them? Necros got a boost and there is a group of people hungering for warriors to become ‘viable’ by their perception.

If all someone cares about is how effective a profession is in pvp then the only logical lament to a ‘nerf’ is working on a new build or build+profession. If you don’t want to switch due the ‘nerf’ then do your due diligence and find the most effective build you can.

Presenting facts and empirical data is what gets the ears of those who make the game. Screaming like a child only serves to have oneself ignored.

I’m sure we all appreciate the passion the OP has for mesmer. I submit that that passion could be redirected in a more constructive manner so that the OP’s desired change is realized.

Otherwise perhaps just do your best, however that turns out, and focus on something else like enjoying yourself.