Thoughts on celestial mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sabwa.7358

Sabwa.7358

Hello fellow mesmers!

I’ve been messing around with my mesmer build and I was thinking of using cele armor. I haven’t seen many mesmers (if any) running around with cele armor and I’m wondering what your thoughts are on a cele build for a mesmer…

I’ve been playing with my own zerker staff phantasm build for a while and I wanted to up my sruvivability a bit. Staff makes a good condi weapon with AA on clones and a decent power weapon with the phant. The Sharper Images trait also gives good condi damage even with power builds. I figured the added condi damage could make up for the loss in power and that the celestial stats would give me all the survivability I need.

Am I crazy for using cele armor on my mesmer?

Ps: cele ele and cele engi both conveniently rhyme, what could you call a celestial mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

I tried running that with staff/sword+focus CI build (pistol in more 1v1, 1v2 situations) in PvP so I can utilize both halting strike+bountiful interruption/staff autos+sharper image+on death traits, occasionally it shines but still kind of lack luster tbh.

The problem comes from lack of damage from celestial itself, many meta builds need might stacking to achieve respectable damage. Mesmer unfortunately can only achieve such high stacks from interrupt (and GS2 to some extend).

Plus I really frown at that healing power coefficient in mesmer. Almost no mesmer skills/traits utilize this stats well.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Plus I really frown at that healing power coefficient in mesmer. Almost no mesmer skills/traits utilize this stats well.

Due to this fact alone, celestial builds on mesmer are incredibly inefficient. Since I think the OP is talking about WvW though, this means you aren’t locked into that one big cele amulet like you are in PvP. You can actually mix and match various stat sets to achieve something a bit more tanky with some hybrid stats — like you’re wanting — but avoiding inefficient stats at the same time.

I’d try a mix of zerker, knights, cavaliers, and rabid/sinister. Play around with a build editor and see what sort of mix gets your stats where you want them.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sabwa.7358

Sabwa.7358

Yes, I am mainly looking at my wvw gear. Although I’ve tested just about every amulet in pvp with my build to find the stats I want and to imagine how the build would feel but it’s hard with the restriction to set amulet stats. The cele amulet works best for me although the damage isn’t quite as high as I want it.

I agree with healing power being very lackluster in most every mesmer build but I can’t seem to agree on what stats I want to capitalize on most, which keeps leading me to cele armor despite the wasted healing power.

My plan is to mix cele and zerker stats into my gear. I feel like if I mixed in stats other than cele I would miss out on some very needed stats. My original feeling was to go with soldiers for more survivability but the lack of precision and ferocity kills my damage and staff AA with no condi damage is near useless to me.

I just haven’t heard of mesmers using cele armor, is it really that uncommon? I think cele armor would fit in with more mesmer builds than we think.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

I wouldn’t go for the armor. Trinkets are easier to come by, if you’re set on mixing in some Celestial.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

The reason cele works on ele & engi is because they stack boons well such as might, and have a lot of healing skills and hybrid abilities (abilities that deal both power and condition damage, amplified by the stats in celestial AND the might stacks).

Mesmer has none of those. You also notice that rangers do not run celestial efficiently either. Any class that can’t might stack and doesn’t have several healing skills and hybrid abilities sees little returns.

Healing power as a stat is only “good” for guardian, engi, and ele.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Diederick.7906

Diederick.7906

I don’t know much about mesmers with celestial, but you might want to check this out:

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Mesmer_-_Celestial_Shatter

in Mesmer

Posted by: Noss.4105

Noss.4105

I often ran in WvW with celestial armor and amulet+rings like a year ago before I took a break from GW2.
I think I mostly used 20/25/10/15/0 with sword+sword/scepter torch. Torch trait and all the clone death traits. After IC was dropped to master tier I took 15 from inspiration to illusions, giving up perma regen from iSwordsman. Definitely a fun build to play.

I got back from a break around a week ago and I ran this for a while: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQJARWlknpRtlpxINcrNCrBh6sslfSyBEgSWhrB-T1SDwAMeAAvV/J/+DBVidSTQXlHYOEAg0BAwEnClgSuCAkBYZCA-w

It can actually get to pretty high might stacks with the sigil of strength on GS.

I’m currently testing out different builds on my characters because I’ve missed quite a bit during 2014, but I’ll definitely get back to that one soon.

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Noah.9654

Noah.9654

I don’t know much about mesmers with celestial, but you might want to check this out:

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Mesmer_-_Celestial_Shatter

I have already tested this build and I have to say I’m not a fan. You survive a bit longer than the standard\DR shatter builds but you don’t really have as much power as you would want. Most of the time, your only might stacking comes from pistol #5 and your bursts are underwhelming. I found myself kiting around the point for most 1v1s which I could do much more efficiently than the DR shatter build.

“Exceed your limits, and dance.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

I continue to run a celestial signet lockdown build as my primary pvp build. 2/6/6 with signet traits, BI, mostly standard traits you can figure out.

Keeping up might isn’t a problem with MoD, pistol5, staff5, SoD, F3. Very non-traditional build, but celestial really helps with sustain, even though we don’t get as much bang for the buck out of healing power as the traditional cele builds. Primarily helps our regen, which we can often keep in the 75-100% range.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in Mesmer

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

It’s decent, I have run that for a while. You have regen/regen signet/retal/bleed+burn+confusion/shattering for some direct damage. It’s probably not as optimal as ele or engi because mesmer’s weapons are more on the edge of the continuum like you have staff which scales badly with power and sword which doesnt have access to condi etc. This with the fact that weapon swapping for mesmer is not as fluid as ele or engi, your mode shift between power and condi is a lot clunkier.

It’s not that good but it’s certainly not bad.

in Mesmer

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

With the matchmaking being as it is right now, you could run whatever and still be effective. You get matched up against people who have never seen a pvp match before and are running with default builds or no traits equipped.
When that happens, you start thinking “oh, this build totally works, wooo!”…
But yeah, everything works of course.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Subutex.2416

Subutex.2416

I’m pretty happy with my Celes mesmer in WvW, haven’t tried it that much in PvP. Using GS and Staff, 4 (I, X) 0 2 (V) 2 (IV) 6 (V, VII, XI).
I use Ether Feast as a heal skill instead of signet because it’s CD. As utilities I use Decoy, Mirror Images and Blink and Mass Invisibility or Polymorph Moa for elite.
It is not the most DPS build, but I’m cool with that since I enjoy some survivability. The damage on Celes is not that bad in my opinion and I can still get a decent amount of Condi pressure from this build, making both F1 and F2 shatters useful.

Since I’m not very fond of clones on dodge, I keep my second line 0, to compensate I get Staff 2 and 3 illusions (their cds are alright) and Mirror Images (for that extra Stun Break too).

If anyone is willing to try it out, some review would be more than welcome. Keep in mind this is not meant to be a max DPS build.

in Mesmer

Posted by: yiksing.9432

yiksing.9432

Having tried a pure Celestial Mesmer in wvw. It does well but not GREAT, its better suited for prolonged fight due to great survival-ability but don’t think about killing other professions fast unless you severely outplay them.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rome.7124

Rome.7124

I’m pretty happy with my Celes mesmer in WvW, haven’t tried it that much in PvP. Using GS and Staff, 4 (I, X) 0 2 (V) 2 (IV) 6 (V, VII, XI).
I use Ether Feast as a heal skill instead of signet because it’s CD. As utilities I use Decoy, Mirror Images and Blink and Mass Invisibility or Polymorph Moa for elite.
It is not the most DPS build, but I’m cool with that since I enjoy some survivability. The damage on Celes is not that bad in my opinion and I can still get a decent amount of Condi pressure from this build, making both F1 and F2 shatters useful.

Since I’m not very fond of clones on dodge, I keep my second line 0, to compensate I get Staff 2 and 3 illusions (their cds are alright) and Mirror Images (for that extra Stun Break too).

If anyone is willing to try it out, some review would be more than welcome. Keep in mind this is not meant to be a max DPS build.

tried it in PvP, you survive a bit longer but also kill slower. To Thieves we are still food.