Time Keeper Weapons

Time Keeper Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Prodigal.2136

Prodigal.2136

Will you buy them? Do you like them?

I like the way they look. They’re animated, they’re pretty, they have clock hands in them….

BUT, (and this may be a personal thing)…. there’s no purple in them.

Now, you might add “I play Mesmer and I’m a skull crushing, football(American) playing, UFC watching man.” Cool, got it.

FYI: All your effects are purple. : /

Your entire VGUI is purple. You most likely hover a greatsword that weighs 70LBS between your spirit fingers when you click, or push a foe with a purple “wave of magical energy” off a clif in WvW.

So why no purple love for a weapon that was designed in the liking of a class that is inherently purple by association?

I bought them, I like them, I just feel after purchasing them that my Mesmer looks a lot like my Guardian. I think that anet would have sold more of these (BL keys to unlock tickets) if they would have added purple to the skin.

Thoughts?

Time Keeper Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nightmare.1234

Nightmare.1234

I thought the same thing I like my Mesmer stuff purple and they nice skins but the colours are just terrible. but you cant please everyone and I guess their people who like them and fit on their characters so they will sell. I still cant get rid of these two tickets but I will keep waiting for the right set I like.

Death Good

Time Keeper Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I would so buy these up if money wasn’t an issue and if I played my chronomancer more often. I’d just rather buy kitten for my necro.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Time Keeper Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I have 1 BL ticket to spend and I’m debating between the Sword, the Torch and the Shield.

I’m probably going to go for the Sword because it will see more use.

Time Keeper Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I have 1 BL ticket to spend and I’m debating between the Sword, the Torch and the Shield.

I’m probably going to go for the Sword because it will see more use.

thats what I’d do. That sword is gorgeous.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Time Keeper Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: AlphatheWhite.9351

AlphatheWhite.9351

thats what I’d do. That sword is gorgeous.

^
I’d use the sword over Bolt.
The shield is a better chrono shield than Horologicus, granted, but it’s not a high bar there :P

Time Keeper Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Personally the Zenith Shield (and torch tbh) are still the coolest for me so I probably wouldn’t use the timekeeper skins anyway.

Yeah thanks, I’m going to get the sword.

Time Keeper Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: OtterPaws.2036

OtterPaws.2036

I bought the hammer for my scrapper and that’s it. Still gonna rock Bonetti’s Rapier, Scientist Shield and Plasma GS on my Chronomancer.

~Hart Warband~
Levi Ironhart, Cassandra Irehart, Lucio Trothart
Discord Gearhart, Naevius Soulhart, Frisk Softhart

Time Keeper Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

They make me want Longbow for Mesmers.

Time Keeper Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Khyber.1284

Khyber.1284

These weapons obviously scream chrono, They all look so beautiful (Although I don’t like the blunt flat edge of the gs) I want all.

Time Keeper Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Maelwro.7562

Maelwro.7562

I just finished Bolt, and then this beautiful time keeper sword comes out . . . Sigh =(

Time Keeper Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

I’ve seen the staff in game, reminded me of a lollipop. And i have too many swords already. Maybe the shield.

Time Keeper Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Starmiz.3298

Starmiz.3298

If only Horologicus had a nice animation like that.

Time Keeper Weapons

in Mesmer

AlphatheWhite.9351

The pistol is pretty nice, too. Elegant lines, same decent colors, clock animation. Too many of the pistols they produce are stubby or have strange lines.

For other classes, I think the dagger is a very pretty weapon as well, the mace is rare in that it has an interesting animation, and the hammer actually looks like a hammer on top of being nice color/clock animation.

Time Keeper Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: setius.3498

setius.3498

not everything must be pink just cause its mesmer

Time Keeper Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Starmiz.3298

Starmiz.3298

The pistol is pretty nice, too. Elegant lines, same decent colors, clock animation.

Not to mention that the scope looks like the end of one of those gem buttplugs.

Time Keeper Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Prodigal.2136

Prodigal.2136

Horologicus also have no purple. You must hate that shield so much, no?

No, I never was interested in that shield. Nice try at being a dk though, and that grammar…

Anyways, I played with the colors and came up with this. Super happy I got the sword and shield. Now I need to figure out whether to keep the Peacemakers GS or not. I love the purple effects it leaves when I run, but now that I’m not that general color I don’t know what to do.

Not the best pictures, but I’m leaving for Switzerland tomorrow so gotta pack!

Night all.

Attachments:

Time Keeper Weapons

in Mesmer

AlphatheWhite.9351

Not the best pictures, but I’m leaving for Switzerland tomorrow so gotta pack!

Night all.

It’s simply mahvelous, dahling. Mahvelous!

Time Keeper Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

No. The shield is an unattractive shape, wider than it is tall, and the greatsword – as ANet so often seems to like to do – is ruined by the flat end instead of coming to a point. The 1H sword is the only one that is even remotely tempting, but I have many, many other 1H skins I like already.

Time Keeper Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Incognito.3529

Incognito.3529

No. The shield is an unattractive shape, wider than it is tall, and the greatsword – as ANet so often seems to like to do – is ruined by the flat end instead of coming to a point. The 1H sword is the only one that is even remotely tempting, but I have many, many other 1H skins I like already.

Agree with you. Anet just be lazy sometimes! Make 1h sword bigger and sell it!

Time Keeper Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

Not a fan of them really besides the swords and pistol. I doubt I’ll get any of them.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

Time Keeper Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

I was so happy when I saw the GS in the gemstore (the artwork) but then … I’ve seen the blade and my dreams have been F1-F5’d …

I think they did good work, but sadly the gold parts of the weapons are too “green” and look not good on my gold dyes on my mes. The “real” gold people most of the time use is warm and a shiny yellow-orange, not a yellow-green. That’s why I didn’t buy them.

But I like the sound they make!

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Time Keeper Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

sadly the gold parts of the weapons are too “green” and look not good on my gold dyes on my mes. The “real” gold people most of the time use is warm and a shiny yellow-orange, not a yellow-green

Indeed, and that’s true for a lot of “gold” weapons Anet puts out, like the Auric weapons, which are also way too green. Meanwhile, here’s (one of) my preferred outfits/color schemes…

Attachments:

Time Keeper Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Personally I think they look like they’re made by Fischer price or some other toy maker. They looked like they were made of plastic with gold colouring and the movements are kinda meh too. If it was a proper gold with clockwork movements, sure I’d have been all in but not these.

Time Keeper Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I doubt the weapons were designed with Chronomancer in mind in the first place. Seems more like a general “passage of time” type theme, fitting with New Years coming up. So I have zero problem with the whole “no purple” thing.

As for the skins in general… I’m so-so on them. They aren’t bad looking by any means, but they aren’t really the best skins ever either. I’d probably like them better without the big rotating clock graphic plastered on them, honestly, because I do like the overall color scheme and the crystal base for the weapons. Though that would remove the entire theme of the set, so not the best idea overall, just my own personal opinion. Also, from watching the Dulfy video, the ticking weapon draw noise seems like it might get kind of annoying after a while.

I’ll probably pass on the set. I’m still sort of considering the hammer for my Guardian, since she only has one hammer skin currently and uses a crystal theme. But I’m still on the fence and leaning towards “no”.

Time Keeper Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

My main colours are red/black/gold and I really like the purple effects in addition too, so the time keeper weapons do fit my taste. I get tired of seeing so many full purple mes lol… And omfg anomaly being just slightly off the colour of the skill effects drives me nuts (in addition never enjoyed vision of the mist or its one handed counter part as they were just basic skins with purple smoke :/ )

I ended up getting the Sword and the GS but the swords are hard competition to infinite light, but I definitely don’t regret it as an offhand to the primary. It also looks great on Alts.

The GS I had a harder time justifying as I’m pretty picky with GS. I have a lot of GS I enjoy including twilight, but my biggest gripe was the tip of time keeper GS. That wide edge never really appealed to me, but I was able to sell it to myself on the concept of it being a magic sword and shooting a beam out of it is not a displeasure which were my same feelings with Phoenix.

(Ugh shooting beams from single sided blades that isn’t Belinda’s is also kinda blah to me.)

Grand total of 160ish gold spent I have no regrets. Tho sometimes I think maybe staff would have been a better option over GS and if I was deciding on the staff alone I would have said no.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

(edited by Daishi.6027)