Time Warp Tweak

Time Warp Tweak

in Mesmer

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

A very minor tweak that is needed for time warp.

Change pulses to once every 2s, (from 1s), raise the quickness and slow per pulse from 1s to 2s.

Very minor change, quickness and slow duration the same, still takes the full 10s to get all the pulses.

Edit:
adding attachment for illustration purposes.

Attachments:

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

(edited by Artemis Thuras.8795)

Time Warp Tweak

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Agreed.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Time Warp Tweak

in Mesmer

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

Well perhaps in another 9 months, when the next nerf patch can be expected.

Until then, the “balance team” will undoubtedly be hard at work creating new elites to maintain the power creep.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

Time Warp Tweak

in Mesmer

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

This would be a nice change indeed, doesn’t change the end result of the skill at all yet provides more utility overall.

Which is exactly why it won’t happen. ANet wouldn’t want being a mesmer to be easy or convenient or anything.

Time Warp Tweak

in Mesmer

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Mathematicaly what is the point where 100% quickness duration causes overwriting with time warp?

Time Warp Tweak

in Mesmer

OriOri.8724

The point is the duration of the stacks that TW gives you. The maximum stack for the quickness boon is now 5, and TW currently gives out 10 1sec stacks of quickness on a 1 sec interval (12 if traited). That constant application overwrites older stacks (I think, haven’t been able to test this yet), which makes your quickness output less.

Making the interval 2 sec instead of 1 sec and doubling the quickness gained each interval not only makes each individual stack twice as effective, it also means that there is a much less chance of TW overwriting your other, longer, sources of quickness.

Time Warp Tweak

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

My guildie is having similar issue with overriding, I was wondering about that. Theoretically it should only take 2 stacks at a time maximum, is it easy to reach cap because of it?

Time Warp Tweak

in Mesmer

Posted by: Twilight Demon.5324

Twilight Demon.5324

Sadly, its very easy to hit the cap on quickness now. and new stacks of timewarp REDUCES the amount of quickness a team gets on a chronosplit rotation. you are better off running a moa signet in its place. to give you some context, the cap is 5 stacks of quickness continum split, mimic, tides of time (5 seconds) both ways, signet of inspiration (6 seconds), and signet of inspiration(6 seconds) will give you 4 out of the 5 stacks putting you at about 22 seconds along with being setup to apply 2 more casts of signet for another 12 seconds (totaling about 34 seconds on just skills). Using timewarp will overstack your group, pulsing 2 seconds over and over for a total of 10 seconds of quickness with 2 uses of signet of inspiration for another 12 seconds (totaling 22 seconds and losing quickness on rotations). if you did your rotation before the time warp then timewarp shoves all of your stronger stacks out of play (leaving you with 10 seconds total).

Time Warp Tweak

in Mesmer

OriOri.8724

Sadly, its very easy to hit the cap on quickness now. and new stacks of timewarp REDUCES the amount of quickness a team gets on a chronosplit rotation. you are better off running a moa signet in its place. to give you some context, the cap is 5 stacks of quickness continum split, mimic, tides of time (5 seconds) both ways, signet of inspiration (6 seconds), and signet of inspiration(6 seconds) will give you 4 out of the 5 stacks putting you at about 22 seconds along with being setup to apply 2 more casts of signet for another 12 seconds (totaling about 34 seconds on just skills). Using timewarp will overstack your group, pulsing 2 seconds over and over for a total of 10 seconds of quickness with 2 uses of signet of inspiration for another 12 seconds (totaling 22 seconds and losing quickness on rotations). if you did your rotation before the time warp then timewarp shoves all of your stronger stacks out of play (leaving you with 10 seconds total).

Part of the goal of this suggestion is to reduce the negative impact TW would have on your quickness ouput, by reducing how often it will pulse, which reduces the chances that it will override another stack

Time Warp Tweak

in Mesmer

Justine.6351

The point is the duration of the stacks that TW gives you. The maximum stack for the quickness boon is now 5, and TW currently gives out 10 1sec stacks of quickness on a 1 sec interval (12 if traited). That constant application overwrites older stacks (I think, haven’t been able to test this yet), which makes your quickness output less.

Making the interval 2 sec instead of 1 sec and doubling the quickness gained each interval not only makes each individual stack twice as effective, it also means that there is a much less chance of TW overwriting your other, longer, sources of quickness.

Yet another reading fail on the forums I see. Shouldn’t be shocked I guess.

Time Warp Tweak

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Mathematicaly what is the point where 100% quickness duration causes overwriting with time warp?

So 100% duration causes each stack to last 2s. It applies 1 stack per second, but a stack falls off only once every 2 seconds. After 10 seconds, 11 stacks will have been applied and 5 will have fallen off, so that 11th stack will have overwritten.

The real issue is that you’re also sharing using SoI, shield 5, and well of action during the time warp duration, which causes you to go into overcap much much earlier.

Time Warp Tweak

in Mesmer

Artemis Thuras.8795

My guildie is having similar issue with overriding, I was wondering about that. Theoretically it should only take 2 stacks at a time maximum, is it easy to reach cap because of it?

Point out to your guildie, only one stack depletes at a time.
You get a lot more than 2 stacks at a time with time warp currently.

Time Warp Tweak

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

Maybe it would be better to change TW to have half of the duration but affect 10 ppl. That way you could at least delay the initial CS a bit, then Chrono A uses TW when Chrono B may lack in the middle of the rotation, vice versa.

Right now TW doen’t really serve much purpose other than sustaining Quickness for those who are incapable to stackk at the boss and get hit by ToT and WoA.

“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!

Time Warp Tweak

in Mesmer

Posted by: ButterPeanut.9746

ButterPeanut.9746

While I agree that Time Warp could be changed to be improved a bit more, there is lots of false information in this thread.

Time Warp will NOT overwrite older stacks that are single stacks in of a longer duration. If you cast Time Warp on yourself with 5 stacks that have a longer duration than 2s (TW duration with 100% boon duration) that individual pulse of TW is NOT applied to you. It will only apply a pulse of TW if you do not have maximum stacks, or if one of your stacks is <2s.

This means that it is useful to use TW in CS. I’ve been using it at the very end of CS as to have the TW stacks applied as the WoA, ToT, and SoI stacks run out.

Video proof
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TV0Kd7zdY4

Reddit Discussion
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/58jv0l/raidschronomancer_a_test_on_the_new_quickness/

Time Warp Tweak

in Mesmer

Justine.6351

So 100% duration causes each stack to last 2s. It applies 1 stack per second, but a stack falls off only once every 2 seconds. After 10 seconds, 11 stacks will have been applied and 5 will have fallen off, so that 11th stack will have overwritten.

The real issue is that you’re also sharing using SoI, shield 5, and well of action during the time warp duration, which causes you to go into overcap much much earlier.

Oh I should be good then, I don’t soi.

Time Warp Tweak

in Mesmer

Artemis Thuras.8795

While I agree that Time Warp could be changed to be improved a bit more, there is lots of false information in this thread.

Time Warp will NOT overwrite older stacks that are single stacks in of a longer duration. If you cast Time Warp on yourself with 5 stacks that have a longer duration than 2s (TW duration with 100% boon duration) that individual pulse of TW is NOT applied to you. It will only apply a pulse of TW if you do not have maximum stacks, or if one of your stacks is <2s.

This means that it is useful to use TW in CS. I’ve been using it at the very end of CS as to have the TW stacks applied as the WoA, ToT, and SoI stacks run out.

Video proof

Reddit Discussion
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/58jv0l/raidschronomancer_a_test_on_the_new_quickness/

afaik, boons have always overwritten only if there is a shorter duration stack to overwrite.
But yes, it seems that nugget of knowledge is lesser known at this point.

I still need to play around with the rotations to see what I can do with it.
I’ll give the kitten the end of the rotation a try.

However, keep in mind, if you only use time warp, it will overwrite one of its own stacks currently.

The change I proposed simply removes that without actually buffing tw on it’s own.
It will make it play nicer with other sources of quickness, a little bit though.

The idea of tw affecting 10 people ( mass invis still affects 10 afaik..) is interesting.
Would make tw much more worthwhile in raids/wvw/open world. But it would still be a bit.. lacking in 5 man content. It does seem on paper like a much greater buff to the skill, though it may be justified(see below).
Comparing quickness and CD on time warp to well of action, tw actually seems quite weak to me. But other effects.. /shrug.

Time Warp Tweak

in Mesmer

ButterPeanut.9746

Video proof

Reddit Discussion

afaik, boons have always overwritten only if there is a shorter duration stack to overwrite.
But yes, it seems that nugget of knowledge is lesser known at this point.

I still need to play around with the rotations to see what I can do with it.
I’ll give the kitten the end of the rotation a try.

However, keep in mind, if you only use time warp, it will overwrite one of its own stacks currently.

The change I proposed simply removes that without actually buffing tw on it’s own.
It will make it play nicer with other sources of quickness, a little bit though.

The idea of tw affecting 10 people ( mass invis still affects 10 afaik..) is interesting.
Would make tw much more worthwhile in raids/wvw/open world. But it would still be a bit.. lacking in 5 man content. It does seem on paper like a much greater buff to the skill, though it may be justified(see below).
Comparing quickness and CD on time warp to well of action, tw actually seems quite weak to me. But other effects.. /shrug.

I don’t disagree with you at all. It definitely is pretty weak for the length of the cool down. However, the immediate consensus after the patch was “DROP TIME WARP IT MAKES YOUR QUICKNESS WORSE”. This is what I was trying to point out that isn’t true.

You can give permanent quickness with many builds now, some of which don’t include time warp. But if you need a few filler seconds due to group positioning, bad rotation, etc. Having TW can help fill those gaps.

Time Warp Tweak

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

No, hasn’t been always like this. Made a post on reddit how it did work and how it works now:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/58jv0l/raidschronomancer_a_test_on_the_new_quickness/d910r5b/

:)

Time Warp Tweak

in Mesmer

OriOri.8724

TW should be changed to affect 10 people in PvE. There really isn’t a reason for it not to. Only 3 times you will even be in a group that large in PvE anyway

1 – World Boss. Buffing an extra 5 people with TW won’t make a significant difference unless there are a lot of mesmers there

2 – HP/map completion trains. Again there isn’t a balance problem here. They will roll over all challenges anyway, regardless of whether TW is used or not

3 – Raids. Here it would make a significant difference, but also opens the door for more diversity. Other classes could theoretically be given more access to group quickness (limited to 5 people of course), while not infringing on mesmer’s unique claim to be able to provide mass quickness to the entire group. Overall this could be healthier down the line for class/build diversity in raids.

Time Warp Tweak

in Mesmer

ButterPeanut.9746

No, hasn’t been always like this. Made a post on reddit how it did work and how it works now:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/58jv0l/raidschronomancer_a_test_on_the_new_quickness/d910r5b/

:)

Still find it crazy you and I came to this same conclusion within a few minutes of eachother

Time Warp Tweak

in Mesmer

Posted by: peeterske.9134

peeterske.9134

Naaaaaah. Make timewarp an AoE that removes all of your quickness when you exit it. But make it apply one instance of 10 seconds. This would make it useful while adding some play to it which wont be overpowered and easy.

Time Warp Tweak

in Mesmer

OriOri.8724

Naaaaaah. Make timewarp an AoE that removes all of your quickness when you exit it. But make it apply one instance of 10 seconds. This would make it useful while adding some play to it which wont be overpowered and easy.

No. For one this destroys the synergy between TW and temporal enchanter which only increases the duration of the glamour skills, not their applied effects.

Second, this doesn’t play well with boon duration, since at the end of 10 (12) seconds you are outside of TW when it disappears and you just lose all the extra quickness you would have gained.

OPs suggestion is a good one and would improve TW’s synergy with quickness rotations without actually nerfing or buffing the skill

Time Warp Tweak

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Going to throw something entirely radical out here:

What if Time Warp applied a unique, non-boon (to avoid to duration balance worries) effect which massively increases attack speed, not just 50%. Say, 100% at the very least.

Then make it so that outside of us Mesmers which bring it in a party-version, other classes only have self-only versions, depending on impact maybe even with unique downsides attached. We don’t, and it’s AE, but ofc ours is on a long CD and an elite.

That’d be a pretty good solution, no?

Oh…

Wait…

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Time Warp Tweak

in Mesmer

Artemis Thuras.8795

Going to throw something entirely radical out here:

What if Time Warp applied a unique, non-boon (to avoid to duration balance worries) effect which massively increases attack speed, not just 50%. Say, 100% at the very least.

Then make it so that outside of us Mesmers which bring it in a party-version, other classes only have self-only versions, depending on impact maybe even with unique downsides attached. We don’t, and it’s AE, but ofc ours is on a long CD and an elite.

That’d be a pretty good solution, no?

Oh…

Wait…

I wonder how many were playing long enough ago, to understand your joke..