Time Wells

Time Wells

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

With Chronomancer, we’re getting 4 Well-type skills, and we have some information on what these will do, as well, I’m sure, as speculation. Thus, the thread is here!

1. Well Of Recall: Resets targets in area back to their position from, it seems, 1-second before the pulse. On the finale, it seems to damage. This is based on the video of Chronomancer which shows an ability that is quite obviously not Well of Precognition.

2. Well Of Precognition: Each pulse makes allies’ attacks unblockable for, supposedly, a duration or number of stacks. The finale gives allies some sort of evasive aura, possibly a form of mobile Blur from our Blurred Frenzy or Distortion.

3. Well Of Action: ???

4. Gravity Well (Elite): ???

Time Wells

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Gravity well is the one I can’t wait to see – I’m guessing like Spear #5 on land with pulsing AoE and a final pulse that pulls all targets to its centre? Or something like that I guess.

Time Wells

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nieguen.6235

Nieguen.6235

gravity well is in the video of the post ^^

Time Wells

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

How do you know it was Gravity and not Recall?

I assumed Recall because what happened didn’t look like the well was pulling the targets, but was teleporting them back to their positions given how they weren’t gathered to a single point with different vectors of movement.

Time Wells

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Ah I didn’t watch that yet – I see, so looks like each pulse pulls enemies to its centre, and the final pulse does the damage.

Time Wells

in Mesmer

Posted by: Me Games Ma.8426

Me Games Ma.8426

Gravity Well: Well Create a Well of gravity to periodically damage, slow and cripple your foes and grant your allies swiftness and quickness. When the gravity well bursts knock down foes and buff allies with alacrity.

Mindblossom – Sylvari – Mesmer – Jumpingpuzzler
Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

Time Wells

in Mesmer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

Odd. There’s actually a miniboss in the game already associated with gravity wells. Nokk, in path one of Sorrow’s Embrace. His version involves putting someone into Knockdown for something like 10 or 15 seconds? I can’t remember if you can even stunbreak out of it.

Granted, that doesn’t mean they have to make the new Chronomancer skill match it, but I’d bet it involves a pulsing stun (Not daze, which means it’s stunbreak or take the full well duration) and then… Well I don’t know what would happen on trigger. A pulse of damage seems too vanilla, and I’d imagine a long duration knockdown is just too much of the same? Heavy control seems fitting for a Chronomancer though.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

Time Wells

in Mesmer

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

Since Recall resets every second would that not interrupt actions every second until it goes off.

So instead of the damage portion would it be wise to say cast this on an ele for the sole purpose of stopping them from casting for the full three seconds as they are reset everyone of those seconds?

Time Wells

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

Wondering if these wells will interrupt actions. I guess we can look at the Revenant’s displacement skills which I don’t think did. Hmm

I’m excited though. Precognition needs high skill and coordination in order to be of best use. You can time bursts perfectly. Recall is alright. Might be nice for displacing people off points. Gravity is just delicious!

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

Time Wells

in Mesmer

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Gravity Well makes enemies float in the air, and cant move, and allies have increased speed. Take fall damage once done.

Time Wells

in Mesmer

Posted by: Me Games Ma.8426

Me Games Ma.8426

Gravity Well makes enemies float in the air, and cant move, and allies have increased speed. Take fall damage once done.

That’s why all professions have a falldmg trai. It’s to counter the chronomancer!!

Mindblossom – Sylvari – Mesmer – Jumpingpuzzler
Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

Time Wells

in Mesmer

Posted by: process execution.8014

process execution.8014

With Chronomancer, we’re getting 4 Well-type skills, and we have some information on what these will do, as well, I’m sure, as speculation. Thus, the thread is here!

1. Well Of Recall: Resets targets in area back to their position from, it seems, 1-second before the pulse. On the finale, it seems to damage. This is based on the video of Chronomancer which shows an ability that is quite obviously not Well of Precognition.

2. Well Of Precognition: Each pulse makes allies’ attacks unblockable for, supposedly, a duration or number of stacks. The finale gives allies some sort of evasive aura, possibly a form of mobile Blur from our Blurred Frenzy or Distortion.

3. Well Of Action: ???

4. Gravity Well (Elite): ???

1. Well of Recall – I agree with others that the skill in the video is Gravity Well. I think Well of Recall will pulse Alacrity to allies, with the final pulse granting a ~20% cooldown reduction on the skill they are activating at the time. It’s a powerful effect but would require careful co-ordination to maximise its potential.
  2. Well of Precognition – We already know this one.
  3. Well of Action – My guess is pulsing Quickness to allies and 20% Endurance on the final pulse.
  4. (Well of Stasis?) – I’d be very surprised if we didn’t get a set of 4 utility wells, and I really hope that the final one is offensive. Very likely to pulse Slow and hopefully Vuln, with Weakness and damage at the end.
  5. Gravity Well – Inferring from the video, it looks like a pulsing Pull effect with damage (and possibly knockdown) upon finishing.
why waste hours doing something that you get nothing for? Enjoyment? I’d rather run fractals.