Tips for Boon Duration

Tips for Boon Duration

in Mesmer

Posted by: Deathcon.5903

Deathcon.5903

I just recently returned to GW2 after the big patch and so I am working on a WvW scout build. One of the big things for this build is being able to run back and forth across the map so instead of just slotting Traveler runes (Which I could do but I would prefer to use Hoelbrek runes for might stacking) or using a focus (Because Shatter is the main component of damage here) I am trying to get Signet of Inspiration to give me full up time of swiftness. So how do I reach 100% boon duration but still maintain good damage?

Tips for Boon Duration

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Not easy. You have a minor trait in chaos which increases boon duration for each boon you have on you, but you rarely have many boons on you out of combat (basically 2 with the signet, which means + 6% boon duration). So to get 100%, you have to go for the runes (and/or Doubloons) and/or food.

An easier way is to also have focus and use focus 4 when the signet’s swiftness is gone (and remember, focus 4 does not stack swiftness, you have to wait for the signet’s swiftness to fade before using focus 4).

Tips for Boon Duration

in Mesmer

Posted by: expandas.7051

expandas.7051

100% boon duration is going to be tough. You might be better off settling for a power-based phantasm build with centaur runes for the swiftness.

Tips for Boon Duration

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Or just use the focus every 25 seconds. By running over the line once, you’ll have more or less permanent swiftness between that and the signet.

Tips for Boon Duration

in Mesmer

Posted by: fluxit.8247

fluxit.8247

In my experience with runes of the pack, focus, and sigil of inspiration with a bit of boon duration food, running over 1 temporal curtain keeps near perma swiftness up for a good 30 to 40 seconds without having to constantly time your curtains right between signet swiftness refreshes.

The signets passive is able to maintain swiftness on you for quite some time with this set up.