[To Devs] Save Power Block!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Now all gm traits are crap, i want some statement from devs how the kitten we supose use them, i want to see the movie how they make build and play in tPvP with decent team. Power Block was only one that fell nice, was entery to the build diversity, other traits was dull an useless on relase(especialy Disruptor’s Sustainment this trait is the splap in the face, rather joke than something usefull)

All I gathered was:

• Veil is a circular field, don’t worry about running through it, just cast it on your teammates.
  • Clones are op, let them solo and make sure to shatter them so that things will die.
  • You only need to auto attack once, so make it count and kill them with one auto attack.
  • Veil lasts long enough for a mob to get confused, de-aggro, and then die before regening back to full.
  • Mirror Images has a cast time.
  • Blink does damage, use it past enemies to instantly kill them like a boss.
  • Don’t use Temporal Curtain to pull an enemy back. Run through it for super speed* (does not work if you already have Swiftness).
  • Chaos Storm will apply Agony, Confusion, Death, Cripple, and Black Lungs.
  • We have an instant-cast Cantrip attack with Staff that burns an opponent, instantly killing them.
  • Mirror Images actually spawns Phantasms that we can command with secondary skills.
  • Mind Wrack is op.
  • One dodge roll as a mesmer is about 1000 distance in-game.
  • Portal lasts for 15 seconds.
  • Dat one auto attack. Make it count.

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

I like how the devs are just like ‘’oh this is a bug so we insta-fix it and everyone is gonna be happy now’‘, while they said they wanted to bring back the GW1 mesmer.
Nerfing them isn’t gonna bring them back.

Also this explenation they gave for the fix instead of keeping it as it was is so good:
Devs: ‘’..’’
Yes exactly, nothing. Seriously how can you ’’fix’’ something without even discussing it on the forums? How hard is it to visit the mesmer forum, read 1 thread of +/- 10 usefull replies and comment: ‘’Ok, as it is now we will look through it how it goes. May it be considered over-powered by the community then we can always nerf it slightly.’’
But no, tunnel vision mode on. Bug? Needs fix? Is ’’breaking’’ PvE? Okay lets nerf… eh.. fix it to ground level.

Well done arenanet! You keep surprising me every time with these amazing patches.

in Mesmer

Posted by: hendo.1940

hendo.1940

Good job ANet, you removed basically one of the few skill-based traits in the game, made mesmer boring (and terrible) in PvE again and killed some diversity by fixing this skill rather than actually taking some of the posts on the forum on-board and just attempted a rebalance.

Thanks for still not fixing phantasmal warden though.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

From what I’ve seen, I agree this is stupid.

Even though I don’t plan on that kind of playstyle, I can see how horrible this is for build variety and unique counterplay.

Now every new GM trait is beyond useless (ok, maybe main the disillusioned is worth it, if you’re into that sort of thing…), and I will not bother with any of them. Seeing as they were one of the major patch features, it has boiled down to a whole lot of nothingness.

Add to that unsuccessful bug fixes and negligable skill changes for the most part, and I can’t see anything that this patch has brought to the table for mesmer specifically. So much for a “big patch” in terms of class specific changes…

The best parts are the wardrobe and some of the new pvp features.

in Mesmer

Posted by: aelfwe.4239

aelfwe.4239

Good job ANet, you removed basically one of the few skill-based traits in the game, made mesmer boring (and terrible) in PvE again and killed some diversity by fixing this skill rather than actually taking some of the posts on the forum on-board and just attempted a rebalance.

Stop QQ.

This is fair.

Fix a trait that has been bugged for 4 days and not fix warder that has been bugged for months or IE that has been bugged from release.

Another step on for anet to complete the “Worste balance ever” deed, gj !

Aelfwe Dark Asura Mesmer\Thief,
FREE PYRO

in Mesmer

Posted by: Selenya.6410

Selenya.6410

This is stupid and totaly unfair. It’s ok to fix the autoattack stuff, and i think there’s still some bug into the overall mesmer perfomances ( i dont’ mean warden, that’s a lost cause…) but really, STOP TO MAKE THIEF GOD MODE, STOP WITH THIS CRAP, STOP TO MAKE THAT CLASS A STAND ALONE COMPARED TO OTHERS, STOP TO NOT GIVE THIS CRAP A RIGHT COUNTER.
I dont care if somebody into anet has some thief friend, this is the most kittened stuff ever.

Nexon = Advanced Cancer

in Mesmer

aelfwe.4239

This is stupid and totaly unfair. It’s ok to fix the autoattack stuff, and i think there’s still some bug into the overall mesmer perfomances ( i dont’ mean warden, that’s a lost cause…) but really, STOP TO MAKE THIEF GOD MODE, STOP WITH THIS CRAP, STOP TO MAKE THAT CLASS A STAND ALONE COMPARED TO OTHERS, STOP TO NOT GIVE THIS CRAP A RIGHT COUNTER.
I dont care if somebody into anet has some thief friend, this is the most kittened stuff ever.

I’d just like to know 2 things:

1) who had the great idea to create a class (thief) who has the innate ability of “NOT being interrupted” because they have initiative base skills.

2) who had the wonderfull idea to give mesmer a new trait (power block) that has the power to put in 10 sec cooldown skills you interrupt in a game where there are classes (thief) who cant be interrupted.

I want to know this cause i will NEVER (and i’m not joking) NEVER buy any other game, expansion or product where i read those names.

Thx.

FREE PYRO

(edited by aelfwe.4239)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

I pretty much expected this, so I’m not overly surprised. My only complaint is that we can’t power lock thieves skills.

I’m sorry, but just because you use initiative as a resource instead of CDs doesn’t mean you should be immune to delay from being interrupted. There should be some drawback to having a build that relies on spamming the same skill over and over.

I understand that Thief skills are balanced differently, but it’s either they get a CD on their skills when interrupted or they lose initiative, and attacking class resources specifically seems like a bad idea.

in Mesmer

aelfwe.4239

I pretty much expected this, so I’m not overly surprised. My only complaint is that we can’t power lock thieves skills.

I’m sorry, but just because you use initiative as a resource instead of CDs doesn’t mean you should be immune to delay from being interrupted. There should be some drawback to having a build that relies on spamming the same skill over and over.

I understand that Thief skills are balanced differently, but it’s either they get a CD on their skills when interrupted or they lose initiative, and attacking class resources specifically seems like a bad idea.

Thieves are the biggest problem of this game.

Anet had the kittening idea to create a class without kittening cd and kittening casting time in a game where all other classes have cd and casting times over 80% of skills and it’s 2 years that anet dont find a way to balance this.

33333333 ftw

FREE PYRO

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

I would’ve understood the change if it would say.. set all skills of the same type(IE Cantrips, glamour, marksman etc..) on cooldown, but if a thief decides to mash heartseeker or CnD into a powerblock they should by right be punished by it, like any other profession who should choose to do so, they’ll have 9 other weapon skills and all their utilities to use in the meantime, among these skills they’ll most likely have enough escapes and stealths and other lark to retreat for the full duration of the cooldown.

Luckily enough, they’ll never have to worry about it as they’re now immune to it.
What a joke.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

The Devs have shown time and again they really couldn’t care less about the mesmers, almost as if they resent having to work on the class at all. No real bug fixing and poor new GM traits, need I say more.

This was from the pre-patch information on Mesmer changes:

“In the April 2014 Feature Pack, we’re focusing on giving the mesmer a few more options for applied conditions and support/survivability. Clones and phantasms will receive some updates and bug fixes, including the repair of the Illusionary Warden. Along with a few other bug fixes, the mesmer will benefit greatly from the changes to sigils, especially now that they can equip two sigils to their greatsword or staff. We’re also quite excited about a few new mesmer traits that are becoming available, such as Maim the Disillusioned, which has a great name.”

Source: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/runes-sigils-and-balance-updates/

This line made me laugh:

“the mesmer will benefit greatly from the changes to sigils, especially now that they can equip two sigils to their greatsword or staff”.

That was the best we got, however every other class also benefited from this as they have 2-handers as well.

in Mesmer

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

rip power block

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Now all gm traits are crap, i want some statement from devs how the kitten we supose use them, i want to see the movie how they make build and play in tPvP with decent team. Power Block was only one that fell nice, was entery to the build diversity, other traits was dull an useless on relase(especialy Disruptor’s Sustainment this trait is the splap in the face, rather joke than something usefull)

yes i wanna see the devs also play a mesmer in a n organized guild group in wvw vs outnumbering zerg…wanna see how they use all those amaaaazing gm traits and how they survive oh and im sure they gonna lllooooove dat mantra build in the middle of a zergfight too oh and 1k healing power wooot!

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: cheshader.5081

cheshader.5081

I believe you’ll see their statement in GW3 when there won’t be anything like that annoying mesmer class.

in Mesmer

Posted by: nglcpyro.4906

nglcpyro.4906

Thieves are the biggest problem of this game.

Anet had the kittening idea to create a class without kittening cd and kittening casting time in a game where all other classes have cd and casting times over 80% of skills and it’s 2 years that anet dont find a way to balance this.

33333333 ftw

Simple to fix. Instead of CD’s, if something gets interrupted, initiative # goes down by X for some amount of time. It means abilities can still be ‘spammed’ but you’ll only be able to autoattack. It punishes the majority of fail thieves, yet rewards good play just like every other single class.

Just as I was planning a build based on this as well it’s gone

[OCD]Ordo Contegium Destinatus
-Plush Griffon Recruit of the Jade Quarry Militia-