Top Rated Armor ?

Top Rated Armor ?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tum.5894

Tum.5894

Hi guys,

If i bought the armor from the vendors in orr (42000 karma each piece), for my mesmer, is this the top rated armor in the game at the minute ?

Is all Exotic (lvl 80) gear, weapons, armor, rings etc, all the top rated gear ?

So would i really only need to grind enough Karma to buy all 6 pieces from the vendors, then maybe buy a weapon and rings etc from the Trading Post, and my character would have the best gear in the game.

Then anything else would only be for cosmetic reasons ??

Top Rated Armor ?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

Level 80 Exotics is indeed the best stats you can get, but bear in mind there are different stat distributions. If a stat distribution is totally wrong for your build it isn’t going to be very useful to you.

Top Rated Armor ?

in Mesmer

Posted by: nidwin.6731

nidwin.6731

There are a lot of different exotic sets with very different stats on them.

Top Rated Armor ?

in Mesmer

Tum.5894

Ah thanks, Ye i see the different sets to buy.

It just doesnt seem that hard though to gain the top gear. Only need about 250k karma for the 6 pieces, the the rest you can buy from tp.

Top Rated Armor ?

in Mesmer

Posted by: erigais.6805

erigais.6805

get dungeon gear, f- that karma shiz.

im using full hotw right now. tanky with condition damage. i’ll probably change this to more of a glass cannon build later tho.

[Sekz] Officer erigais AKA Weeaboo Hunter

Top Rated Armor ?

in Mesmer

Tum.5894

get dungeon gear, f- that karma shiz.

im using full hotw right now. tanky with condition damage. i’ll probably change this to more of a glass cannon build later tho.

Why is dungeon gear any better than karma gear ? They only seem the same to me !

Top Rated Armor ?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Syn.3459

Syn.3459

different armor stats, karma gear is mainly geared for power/vitality/toughness whereas craft able or dungeon will generally have the stats you want such as power/precision/crit% or power/vitality/crit%

Top Rated Armor ?

in Mesmer

Tum.5894

looking at the chart of the different karma sets, there does seem to be quite a decent variety

Top Rated Armor ?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chumsy.5714

Chumsy.5714

karma gear or dungeon gear have the same variety of stats you can purchase on them, the only real difference is the appearance.