Trait Idea: Random Wormhole

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Thought about this just now and figured it’d be interesting to get feedback on.

What if a trait existed that made portal entre and portal exeunt randomly teleport enemies within it upon initial cast. Maybe a distance of like 750 units, not something crazy far, but far enough to give you some breathing room.

I think portal would see more use in PvE and I think it’d be an interesting way to utilize portal entre in PvP. I wouldn’t want to use exeunt for that purpose in PvP because the mobility is more important IMO, but I’m interested to see ppls thoughts.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

What if a trait existed that made portal entre and portal exeunt randomly teleport enemies within it upon initial cast. Maybe a distance of like 750 units, not something crazy far, but far enough to give you some breathing room.

I think portal would see more use in PvE and I think it’d be an interesting way to utilize portal entre in PvP. I wouldn’t want to use exeunt for that purpose in PvP because the mobility is more important IMO, but I’m interested to see ppls thoughts.

This would have to be a PvP only thing. Teleporting monsters can break ai/instances/whatever faster than you think.

in Mesmer

Shockwave.1230

This would have to be a PvP only thing. Teleporting monsters can break ai/instances/whatever faster than you think.

Why do you think this is different than Banish, Windblast, into the void, scorpion wire, or any similar CC.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Why do you think this is different than Banish, Windblast, into the void, scorpion wire, or any similar CC.

Ever tried to toss a mob off of a cliff with normal cc? It doesn’t work. Teleports ignore that limitation though, and if you can get a mob to glitch out of their normal area of operation, it can result in really odd effects.

in Mesmer

Shockwave.1230

Ever tried to toss a mob off of a cliff with normal cc? It doesn’t work. Teleports ignore that limitation though, and if you can get a mob to glitch out of their normal area of operation, it can result in really odd effects.

Why can’t it just follow the same behavior as blinks? Blink doesn’t get you places you shouldn’t be able to go unless you’re on ground without pathing to void jump, npcs can’t get onto those anyways though, bcs they can’t path to it, and they can’t be teleport ed to them bcs they can’t path to it.

No issue if you use the kind of teleporting provided by blinks.