Trait: Mistrust internal cooldown?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Novamatrix.2569

Novamatrix.2569

Does anyone know if the dueling trait “Mistrust” has an internal cool down? If not, then it may go great with my chrono PvE build….

in Mesmer

Posted by: AlphatheWhite.9351

AlphatheWhite.9351

It does not appear to.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

Confusion + Interrupt + PvE?

My… heart…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Does anyone know if the dueling trait “Mistrust” has an internal cool down? If not, then it may go great with my chrono PvE build….

plz no.

in Mesmer

Novamatrix.2569

lmao… dont hate on the pve build… its actually great for doing party things.

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

lmao… dont hate on the pve build… its actually great for doing party things.

When everything and their mother has a break bar in PvE these days? No, it’s not.

in Mesmer

Novamatrix.2569

… whatever mate… believe what you believe.

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

… whatever mate… believe what you believe.

It’s not a matter of believing, it’s a matter of correctness. I just want to make sure that other folks don’t get the mistaken opinion that interrupts are good in PvE, that confusion is good in PvE, or that mesmer condition builds in general are particularly strong in PvE.

in Mesmer

AlphatheWhite.9351

What Pyro said. The important mobs are too hard to interrupt because of breakbars. They stuck them on all the vets, etc.
You’ll get more out of Deceptive Evasion than you will out of Mistrust, just because of the extra stacks from those illusions.

If they ever fix it so those traits can proc even if they don’t actually interrupt, then Mistrust et all will actually be ok even in pve. Though, Mistrust as it is is pretty weak.

Unless you just want to kill menders or pocket raptor groups in one shot. Because that gets lulzy.

in Mesmer

Novamatrix.2569

You people obviously dont know how to play your class correctly, always thinking about the end boss and dps…. Did ya know, you can swap your traits & skills at any time when youre not in combat – to meet the needs of the situation??? In fact, if you’re not doing this, youre not taking advantage of the full potential of your class!!!
NOTE::: PVE does not mean THE BOSS FIGHT!!!!

Let me explain this to you!!!
*Shield #5 – tides of time — HAS NO LIMIT to the amount of mobs it can hit, it has the potential to interrupt any mob it comes into contact with, TWICE
*Mistrust – applies 2 stacks of confusion AOE!!! for every time it interrupts, NO COOL DOWN!

• This means, it has a Max potential of (#of mobs hit * 4) stacks of confusion.

This combined with other traits will give a super high damage output upon interrupts (im not going into my full build)

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

You people obviously dont know how to play your class correctly, always thinking about the end boss and dps…. Did ya know, you can swap your traits & skills at any time when youre not in combat – to meet the needs of the situation??? In fact, if you’re not doing this, youre not taking advantage of the full potential of your class!!!
NOTE::: PVE does not mean THE BOSS FIGHT!!!!

Let me explain this to you!!!
*Shield #5 – tides of time — HAS NO LIMIT to the amount of mobs it can hit, it has the potential to interrupt any mob it comes into contact with, TWICE
*Mistrust – applies 2 stacks of confusion AOE!!! for every time it interrupts, NO COOL DOWN!

• This means, it has a Max potential of (#of mobs hit * 4) stacks of confusion.

This combined with other traits will give a super high damage output upon interrupts (im not going into my full build)

Or you could just build for damage and 1shot all the interruptable trash with pretty much any skill regardless. The point is that on fights that actually have any degree of challenge to them, that type of setup will be less than useless.

Edit: As an aside, claiming that other folks “obviously have no idea how to play their class correctly” is usually a pretty good marker that some quality introspection time should be taken.

in Mesmer

AlphatheWhite.9351

You people obviously dont know how to play your class correctly

Since you have no idea who you’re talking to, you can probably get a slide on this one.

….okay, who am I kidding, no you can’t.
The majority of serious mobs in HoT have a breakbar, now. Anything that doesn’t have a breakbar is remarkably easy to kill. You want to oneshot pocket raptor groups, have at it! I can already kill those remarkably easy, though. But when I’m running mistrust to kill trash, and I run into one of the 100,000 breakbar mobs roaming the Jungle? Yeah, then that trait is worthless to me.

It’s a toy, little more. You’re welcome to play with toys as long as you continue to act like a child, but if you wanna grow up, you can sit down and listen to what we’re telling you.

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

As a side note, you can probably still stack around 40+ confusion on menders due to their funny damage-interrupt mechanics. It is interesting to see that, but don’t expect to run into those situations frequently.

Other than that, almost everyone would agree that most interrupt-able mobs died in one shatter burst when playing full zerk. You may prefer alternative playstyle for personal interest, but claiming it has some kind of “super high output” that worth sacrifice DE for will needs some hard proof to convince people.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ananeos.4587

Ananeos.4587

Do you know who you are talking to? THE Fay, literally the first person to introduce the Chronobunker meta to Guild Wars. He obviously knows how to play his class correctly.

Check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Hailsec – Asuran Mesmer | EVOS
Zraiyya – Asuran Elementalist | EVOS
Akkodi – Asuran Engineer | EVOS

in Mesmer

Posted by: Coxy.5269

Coxy.5269

Do you know who you are talking to? THE Fay, literally the first person to introduce the Chronobunker meta to Guild Wars. He obviously knows how to play his class correctly.

Ok he’s good, but lets not go full fanboy.

(Though he is kinda right in this thread)

Nyiiooxxxxxxxeeeyyyyy

in Mesmer

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

Yeeaaaaah. This whole “You have no idea who you’re talking to”, “Do you know who he is???” drivel comes across as really… I can’t find the right word to describe it. Blinded, perhaps, in the sense that you’re not looking at each post by its own merits but instead… um… jerking each other off?

Again I don’t know how to describe it exactly, but it leaves a weird taste and isn’t healthy for any community.

Yes it’s true the OP isn’t doing himself any favours but no need to sink to his level.

in Mesmer

Posted by: GLaDOS.5897

GLaDOS.5897

It would be more accurate to say : the first person to publish a chronobunker build on the forum. I don’t think he was the first one to figure the build out (I did use it as soon as HoT was live).

Nevertheless, it is still fun to read people saying Fay has no idea how to play his class

Taaun We – Vizunah Square (EUW/FR)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

lol

lol

lol

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

Well I’m by far no fanboi, but Fay had his hand in a lot more builds then just the latest meta. And he’s usually right too…albeit a bit terse most of the time! :-) (Lately though he’s been pretty nice about his criticisms. Softening up in old age?? :P)

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Another thing people didn’t point out is that in terms of damaging conditions confusion is probably dead last in PvE. The over time base tick isn’t that great and mobs just don’t activate skills enough to make it worthwhile…not when you compare it to burns, poison, bleeds etc from a lot of other classes. Even torment would be better as you can kite mobs around to get more from it.

Though if you wanna have a ton of fun use shield 5 and mistrust on a Zerg in WvW. You’ll need as much +duration as you can get to mitigate a zergs -duration but if you time it right expect to see large purple numbers =D