Traited SoM is an amazing survival skill.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Since I never see anyone talking about it, here goes. In my experience, Signet of Midnight traited with Blurred Inscriptions is an amazing utility skill. Ignore the passive, it’s all about the active effects. It’s an instant, on-demand distortion (reflection if you have MoF), stunbreak, condition cleanse, and AoE blind, all on a fairly short recharge that is even shorter now with Alacrity. This skill has saved me so many times. Whether to recover from a CC at a critical moment, distort through big damage, or to cover your heal activation, this skill will save your life on a regular basis.

Especially now in the expansion, where mob CCs are very common and we Mesmers can go down very quickly if we aren’t careful, this skill never leaves my bar. If you haven’t ever given it a shot, I recommend you give it a fair trial. You may be surprised at how much you come to rely on it.

(edited by Arshay Duskbrow.1306)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Just to make things clear: master of fragmentation change the “distorsion” shatter to reflect projectiles, not the “distorsion” effect. So your signet will not reflect anything but you will indeed evade the damage for 1s.

in Mesmer

Posted by: AlphatheWhite.9351

AlphatheWhite.9351

I’d like to take a moment to note that Rune of Resistance gives aegis when you use a Signet (30s cooldown).
Just sayin’.

in Mesmer

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Just to make things clear: master of fragmentation change the “distorsion” shatter to reflect projectiles, not the “distorsion” effect. So your signet will not reflect anything but you will indeed evade the damage for 1s.

That’s not true though. You can see when you use a signet that you gain the “reflection” effect in your effects bar, and you will actually see projectiles bouncing off you when you do it. MoF gives reflection to all signets when traited with BI. Maybe actually try it before coming in here with wrong information.

(edited by Arshay Duskbrow.1306)

in Mesmer

AlphatheWhite.9351

For the record, allies get the reflect, too, if you have Inspiration slotted.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Faction.4013

Faction.4013

Maybe actually try it before coming in here with wrong information.

Little bit of unnecessary hostility, there?

in Mesmer

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Maybe actually try it before coming in here with wrong information.

Little bit of unnecessary hostility, there?

Nope, completely warranted. People who go to correct others without knowing what they themselves are talking about, and without having even tried it out for themselves before doing so, should expect no less. Actually I was much more civil than I could’ve been.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Well to back this up, it’s not like we’re left wanting for utility spots in PvE. They’re mostly pointless in fact, so finding something good to slot deserves a +1.

in Mesmer

AlphatheWhite.9351

Additionally, it seems that MoF + Inspiration + Distortion = ally reflect, which is pretty cool.

in Mesmer

AlphatheWhite.9351

Additionally, it seems that MoF + Inspiration + Distortion = ally reflect, which seems like it could be pretty useful even without Blurred Inscriptions.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

Yep, traited SoM is easily one of my favorite, saved me many times.. Since it’s a Stunbreak + Invulnerability, use it as ’’Stability’’.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

That’s not true though. You can see when you use a signet that you gain the “reflection” effect in your effects bar, and you will actually see projectiles bouncing off you when you do it. MoF gives reflection to all signets when traited with BI. Maybe actually try it before coming in here with wrong information.

I do apologize for the wrong information. For some reasons I was sure I had read it somewhere.

in Mesmer

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

Well, it’s nice that you found out, but some people have been using it in PvE ever since you could share distortion. Even before that it was great just for yourself, sharing it is even better.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Phloww.1048

Phloww.1048

Yes, I enjoy using Signet of Midnight as well. Saved me many times, plus a quick condition removal when traited (besides the distortion/MoF)