Trouble dealing with Longbow Rangers?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nate.5107

Nate.5107

Is anyone else that is a solo roamer in WvW having trouble dealing with longbow rangers?

I just can’t get a shatter off on them correctly, because of all of the max range DPS and CC from the pets.

I’ve tried training into reflect with distortion, and it didn’t help too much.

I’m mostly zerker/assassin’s gear, shatter, w/ mass invis.

Any suggestions for dealing with them?

Co-Leader of Primi Agminis Legio [PAL]
Yak’s Bend

in Mesmer

Posted by: Calliope.8675

Calliope.8675

Try not to run into them. Since the buff to Rapid Fire they’ve become more pesky. I never solo roam as a shatter mes anymore. I could do it as a Bronze Tier wvwer, but when I moved to a Silver Tier it got much harder to move about on my own. More people roam and usually in groups of 2-5 people. I have better luck running CI or some other lockdown build.

(edited by Calliope.8675)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

When fighting Rangers I especially like trees. It’s the ultimate LB ranger shutdown.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Calliope.8675

Calliope.8675

I always forget about line of sighting. I’d rather just get the fight over with!

in Mesmer

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

Try go sword/pistol, get some clones up, pistol stun – illusionary leap – shatter – blurred frenzy – dead Ranger.
Most of the Rangers I’ve met are too glassy for their skill level.

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Volcomen.2963

Volcomen.2963

a leap-shatter is like u whipser to him: “Oh attention ranger, i might try to shatter in a few seconds”

far too obvious

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kirec.2394

Kirec.2394

Torch invis and 1200 range blink help a lot in my limited post-patch experience. You can blow up a glass LB ranger with your GS combo (swap to it after torch invis) before he knows the fight started. If you miss, though, be ready to blow all your cooldowns to stay alive until you can try again. You’re glass too, so it’s be quick or be dead.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Calypso.2578

Calypso.2578

Most of the Rangers I’ve met are too glassy for their skill level.

Yep.

Get on top of them, shatter, dead ranger. I focus on LOS or positioning, invulns/stealth to get to the ranger, interrupt their attacks, shatter.

Kaalypzo ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

in Mesmer

Posted by: Calypso.2578

Calypso.2578

If you’d like, I can meet ya in HoTM and get on my ranger. I really hate fighting other mesmers, LOL, but I like helping people out more. We can practice some stuff.

Kaalypzo ~ Twitch ~ YouTube

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

When you see them using rampage as one you know waht bound to happen,so When they do it just blink behind them and the skill wont reach you+he wont see you+can shatter on them.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pwent.2639

Pwent.2639

I run pure zerker classic gs/st shatter, all i have to do is kite them around a pillar or something. I try not to fight pewpewpewers on open ground unless i can initiate on them. this seems to work really well i 1v2 a hammer war and longbow ranger around that pillar near the guard north of Hills yesterday.

Oh and roaming silver tier in shatter is just fine if you have a good speed boost, i run travelers which i feel give me way more sustain than anything even though i have 1.9 armor.

#haltingstrikeftw :P

Ida

(edited by Pwent.2639)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Blink behind them, like if someone teleports or walks behind you during your mirror blade cast it messes it up. Stay close and use your boon removal for stab and try to get a CC chain off, but best thing is to always stay close but behind them.

in Mesmer

Posted by: lordhelmos.7623

lordhelmos.7623

I starting running Mirror and coming out of stealth with my heal. They will usually RF and kill themselves.