Two Mantra Questions

Two Mantra Questions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fuschia.6573

Fuschia.6573

Q:

1) Does casting a Mantra – the charging bit, not the activation bit – break stealth?

2) What is the radius of effect and maximum number of affected allies – if any – for Restorative Mantras?

Two Mantra Questions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

A:

Nice to see more people interested in mantras now that they are reducing cast time further

The point of mantras is that you can use instant cast skills without interrupting the mantra channel.

So you can blink, use decoy, chaos armor, mirror images, phase retreat, other readied mantras, shatter etc. but it also doesn’t break stealth so you can use any stealth ability and still cast mantras. You can also use portal while casting a mantra without it being interrupted.

Basically the trick of mantras is micro-management. While casting mantras you want to do other things at the same time (which is where their difficulty comes from). You want to try to time them as such that your cast time isn’t wasted time.

As for radius of effect this is a tough one and guessing it will come with practice I’d say it’s about the same size as a necromancers mark when it’s increased in size using the greater marks trait, possibly a bit more. Somewhere between 250-450 range? I just try to be near people I want to heal when I can. It does have the 5 person AOE limit.

If you’re interested in bunker/support builds using mantras check out my Panacea Mantra Support Build for tips/ideas if interested I also added a lot of details and videos on mantras in the Hecate Build but it’s a damage burst orientated build that also uses Restorative Mantras.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

(edited by Fay.2735)

Two Mantra Questions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kazhiel.8194

Kazhiel.8194

I don’t think it breaks stealth. The radius is quite small, basically safest to stand right next to them.

Jalliel [AI] – Yak’s Bend

Two Mantra Questions

in Mesmer

Fuschia.6573

I don’t think it breaks stealth. The radius is quite small, basically safest to stand right next to them.

So – and correct me if I’m wrong, I’ve never tried this – you would now be able to fully charge a Mantra while in stealth from Decoy or The Prestige, right?

Seems like it could end up making an interesting Bunker build or something of that sort if you built around that in some way.

Anyone have information on maximum affected allies? If it’s unlimited this is probably what I’m going to start doing in WvW fairly soon.

Two Mantra Questions

in Mesmer

Posted by: knight.8926

knight.8926

So – and correct me if I’m wrong, I’ve never tried this – you would now be able to fully charge a Mantra while in stealth from Decoy or The Prestige, right?

Seems like it could end up making an interesting Bunker build or something of that sort if you built around that in some way.

Anyone have information on maximum affected allies? If it’s unlimited this is probably what I’m going to start doing in WvW fairly soon.

Last time I tried I could charge during stealth both decoy and prestige. It wasn’t very useful for me when I tried a bunker build honestly but it might work out for you, you never know. Also it heals 5 allies.

Two Mantra Questions

in Mesmer

Fuschia.6573

Last time I tried I could charge during stealth both decoy and prestige. It wasn’t very useful for me when I tried a bunker build honestly but it might work out for you, you never know. Also it heals 5 allies.

Difference being that you will now be able to charge entire in Stealth, even after a very brief amount of movement.

Not sure how much of a difference it is, but it certainly is one.

Two Mantra Questions

in Mesmer

Fuschia.6573

Nice to see more people interested in mantras now that they are reducing cast time further

I’ve always been somewhat interested in Mantras, I’m just of the opinion that Illusionary Elasticity is so good that you can’t pass it up, and you also can’t afford to get it without basically removing the point of going Mantras in the first place.

Probably different for support-ish builds that don’t care about casting Mirror Blade and Illusionary Leap as much, but that was my experience when playing a more aggressive Mantra-based build.

Now, though, the ability to drop aggro with Stealth and heal back up while readying Mantras is looking pretty appetizing. I had considered doing something similar a long while ago by going 30 points in Chaos, but the build never panned out because it pushed your points too thin.

Two Mantra Questions

in Mesmer

Posted by: Karmasutra.9351

Karmasutra.9351

We are mesmers. Until Anet reduces us to naked, weaponless shells, we will find a way to make all the nerfs and broken mechanics work to our advantage… and look sexy while doing it. As Dwayna is my witness, we will continue to annoy kittens and make them cry. Viva la Heccate and Panacea!

Two Mantra Questions

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheComet.6471

TheComet.6471

You can pop The Prestige, channel Mantra of Recovery, and if traited and runed, you can AoE heal twice from stealth, 3 times if you blast finisher into a water field

Kaineng – Co-Leader of Skrittical Hits
Sybol – Healing Bunker Charr Mesmer (80)
Dresdon Honorclaw – Zerk All-Ranged Charr Warrior | Hawke Fullmoon – Melee Ranger