Understanding mesmer dps

Understanding mesmer dps

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

More out of curiousity than any super-hardcore mentality, I’ve always been interested in analyzing damage from different builds and playstyles.

In other games, there are log file analyzers that read the combat chat and produce a summary.

In GW2, I’ve seen people say “go to the Mists” as the recommendation on assessing damage. I’ve only been in the Mists a couple of times (failing to find the “cheaper” way to get back to Lions Arch), so I think I’m missing the point. I’ve seen some videos where people destroy different types of golems, but I’m not sure that really answers my question.

When I look at the combat log, I don’t see entries for what my iWarlock or iBerserker are doing.

Any suggestions on how I can get some rough measurements and understand how my changes are really working would be great – thx!

Understanding mesmer dps

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

There are a lot of stuff the combat log doesn’t show right now. That includes condition damage.

So your best bet is to test each build out on golems in the mists. Yep, that’s the only answer I can give you. Sorry mate.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

Understanding mesmer dps

in Mesmer

Posted by: kodesh.2851

kodesh.2851

The combat log is terrible. I’m surprised they even bothered including it in it’s present state.

Sizzap – Asura Mesmer, Dragonbrand

Understanding mesmer dps

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

Our dmg is kinda lying in Heart of myst aswell as confusion dmg is a part of it plus we skale EXTREMLY well with gear. mening in wvwvw and pve our burst is totaly ok.

Confusion dmg is lowered in spvp to 50%.

/Osicat

(edited by Osicat.4139)