Undocumented buff?

Undocumented buff?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Baa.4582

Baa.4582

Just noticed these with the sPvP golems:
- sharper images can last longer than 5s now with condition duration
- phantasmal healing(regen) can last more than 3s per proc now with boon duration. Previously your regen would refresh right as it ran out, now it builds up

I think illusions now benefit from condition/boon duration.

Undocumented buff?

in Mesmer

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Just noticed these with the sPvP golems:
- sharper images can last longer than 5s now with condition duration
- phantasmal healing(regen) can last more than 3s per proc now with boon duration. Previously your regen would refresh right as it ran out, now it builds up

I think illusions now benefit from condition/boon duration.

I didnt look at bleeds but I was looking at confusing combatants trait according to the wiki its suppose to be 3 secs but mine are 5 secs I was just telling my friend this like 2 minutes ago.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

Undocumented buff?

in Mesmer

oZii.2864

CONFIRMED::

Go to mists 2 krait, 2 afflicted, 2 centuar 9 sec bleed from sharper images!!
also put 30 points in to domination obviously +70% bleed duration

This is awesome

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

Undocumented buff?

in Mesmer

Posted by: wookie.8934

wookie.8934

CONFIRMED::

Go to mists 2 krait, 2 afflicted, 2 centuar 9 sec bleed from sharper images!!

This is awesome

Ooooo! This could be interesting…

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood

Undocumented buff?

in Mesmer

oZii.2864

Quick video showing the test.

Also so far from quick tests staff clones benefit from the bleed duration but only of mirror images. Confusing Combatants benefits from condition duration also.

The staff clones wont have 15s bleeds but instead 9 from the sharper images trait this was using the 2 krait, 2 afflicted, 2 centaur and 30 pt dom setup.

{Thief}

Undocumented buff?

in Mesmer

oZii.2864

Soo further testing what I get is if your phantasm causes a condition iMage, iZerker then they are affected by condition duration anything else is on clone death traits or sharper images which are also affected by condition duration.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

Undocumented buff?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zoser.7245

Zoser.7245

Yes , I saw and test it last night while I was testing things. Also I was testing about stack the % boons duration.

EDIT: Yes , i was blind, lol. Runes stack % boon duration in the boons from signet of inspiration too.

(edited by Zoser.7245)

Undocumented buff?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fuschia.6573

Fuschia.6573

Can confirm duration increases on all conditions imparted by any sort of staff clone. Can even get essentially perma-burning with three clones and a ton of burning duration increase.

Unfortunate that they didn’t fix the bit where base Bleeding duration is 5 instead of 7 seconds for the clones. That along with making them affected properly by Illusionary Elasticity could’ve given us a decently viable Condition Damage build again.

EDIT: Can also confirm that boons from staff clones also have increased duration.

(edited by Fuschia.6573)

Undocumented buff?

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

This is a big deal. I’m especially pleased with the iMage, which makes it less of a worthless phantasm now. 3 stacks of confusion and retaliation duration from 3 iMages with good condition/boon duration spec’d and phantasmal haste? Hmm ….

This, along with the other tested changes make condition based builds for the mesmer post-patch much more realistic.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

Undocumented buff?

in Mesmer

Fuschia.6573

Upon further testing, I can confirm that virtually everything I can think of now applies duration increases.

Still not positive if this is more of a buff to support builds with Staff or condition builds with Staff and Torch/Pistol with Sharper Images.

On the one hand, you can easily get perma-burning and/or tons of bleed/vuln stacks with three Staff clones. On the other, you can keep perma-Fury up on one target as well as drastically increasing the number of Might stacks you can stack on someone without putting forth any extra effort.

Also not sure if this favors Shatter builds or builds that generally don’t Shatter more. I would think the second, but I don’t think it’s exactly as straightforward as it seems.

Undocumented buff?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Oooh, now this is nice!

Undocumented buff?

in Mesmer

Posted by: MystGun.8249

MystGun.8249

I really like this buff, i was tired of always having to go with a direct damage mesmer to prove useful in pvp.

Undocumented buff?

in Mesmer

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

This really is a nice buff, all may not be lost on behalf of condition builds.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

Undocumented buff?

in Mesmer

Fuschia.6573

This really is a nice buff, all may not be lost on behalf of condition builds.

Outside of the rather silly confusion bombing builds in WvW, this actually makes condition damage stronger than it was before.

Of particular note is the possibility that condition damage will be a workable build in PvE, where before it was more or less entirely outclassed by power builds.

Best thing to come out of this is that all of those people with tons of gold sunk into condition damage gear really just need to get new runes, maybe change traits/weapons a bit, and grab some different food and they’re set to at least do something, even if it’s not optimal.

Undocumented buff?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

This is very interesting. The iMage is still almost completely useless of course, but this change has very interesting implications for staff condition builds, as well as for on-clone-death builds.

Undocumented buff?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

I’m slightly amused that people call this a buff when it’s really a bug fix. Then I’m sad that people consider the fixing of this long-standing bug a buff.

All in all I am very happy with this. Finally WvW Condition Mesmers don’t fail completely when their opponents eat -40% CondDuration food (and are that much more deadly when their opponents do not).

If they fix iMage’s bounce logic to enemy-ally-enemy-ally as opposed to enemy-ally-ally-ally then it should be good, with a CD decrease too maybe.

Undocumented buff?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

So, Concentration and Expertise now scale down to pets and procced effects.

Nice work!

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Undocumented buff?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

This gives me a tiny bit of hope. Still not enough to make up for confusion nerf though.

Undocumented buff?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

So, Concentration and Expertise now scale down to pets and procced effects.

Nice work!

You, Sir, are jaundice.

Undocumented buff?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

You, Sir, are jaundice.

… What? I don’t get it.

Undocumented buff?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Phloww.1048

Phloww.1048

Hmm…interesting, very interesting! I may have to do some theorycrafting and testing on my ‘Flowing Illusions’ build.

Undocumented buff?

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

…seems more like a fix than a buff…all the glam traits are still weak to use

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood