Undocumented changes to Phantasmal Berserker

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bralmarn.5637

Bralmarn.5637

I’m intrigued to to know how we can create more constant pressure using this ability with an undocumented increase in the cast time from 0.75 seconds to 1 second.

This certainly doesn’t feel like an enhancement to a power-based shatter build.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Yeah but what you are forgetting is that a Mesmer killed a thief that one time 3 years ago in hot join using power shatter better nerf the whole class every patch.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

Yeah but what you are forgetting is that a Mesmer killed a thief that one time 3 years ago in hot join using power shatter better nerf the whole class every patch.

Funny thing Mesmer has been Meta every season since HoT( and Meta in every game mode since HoT) yet Thief hasn’t, hell Thief was even essentially removed from two seasons when HoT shipped. But yeah Thief is the big bad bogey man bahahaha

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

Funny thing Mesmer has been Meta every season since HoT( and Meta in every game mode since HoT) yet Thief hasn’t, hell Thief was even essentially removed from two seasons when HoT shipped. But yeah Thief is the big bad bogey man bahahaha

See, this is part of the reason why Mesmer is in the states its in. Anytime you try and talk about the stupid changes or point out how mechanics need reworks, thiefs just come in and cry that they can’t beat us.

You know how many times I’ve been on reddit and tried to talk about the state Mesmer is in in PVE and the responses have been, shut up Chrono bunker too stronk, power shatter is meta in pvp, my theif can’t kill you with one hit why are you crying.

Thanks for proving me right.

in Mesmer

Sly.9518

See, this is part of the reason why Mesmer is in the states its in. Anytime you try and talk about the stupid changes or point out how mechanics need reworks, thiefs just come in and cry that they can’t beat us.

You know how many times I’ve been on reddit and tried to talk about the state Mesmer is in in PVE and the responses have been, shut up Chrono bunker too stronk, power shatter is meta in pvp, my theif can’t kill you with one hit why are you crying.

No players like you try to always pull the Woe is me because of Thieves look at your post I originally quoted, literally you blamed it on Thief and this isn’t your only post like this or other mesmers, so laughable really.

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Well considering we are talking about greatsword and by extension power mesmer this is a steaming pile of whatever you want to imagine, I’ll say popcorn.

Ever since HoT came power mesmer has been in no meta at all. It’s only possibly seeing play now because the illusionary reversion nerf has cut condi chrono down a lot to the point where people are debating which is the least bad build.

Finally, any meta where thief is excluded from power mesmer is almost certainly in the same boat. The added bonus of any meta a thief is a part of then power mesmer gets farmed on at point of writing, outside of a well communicated team mesmer isn’t very impactful.

in Mesmer

Sly.9518

Well considering we are talking about greatsword and by extension power mesmer this is a steaming pile of whatever you want to imagine, I’ll say popcorn.

Ever since HoT came power mesmer has been in no meta at all. It’s only possibly seeing play now because the illusionary reversion nerf has cut condi chrono down a lot to the point where people are debating which is the least bad build.

Finally, any meta where thief is excluded from power mesmer is almost certainly in the same boat. The added bonus of any meta a thief is a part of then power mesmer at point of writing mesmer outside of a well communicated team will not be a part of. Even then it is now very much shut down by thief.

Again at least the Mesmer class has been part of any Meta in the last 2 years…… and your post proves my point even further. Again very laughable, it’s confirmed Thief is boogeyman, doesn’t even have to be used or op and causes fear.

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Getting back on topic, yes the increase in cast time feels more clunky after years of of 0.75s cast and the boomerang effect doesn’t really make up for the increased cast or that you can’t cast from stealth anymore. The other side effect is having to wait for the boomerang to return before you can stealth as well.

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

Well he can read the wiki. Still doesn’t actually know anything about the game.

in Mesmer

Sly.9518

Your the one making statements with no basis just saying and saying Chrono isn’t Mesmer hahaha oh geese I can’t make this stuff up.

in Mesmer

Sly.9518

But on topic if they didn’t document the cast time increase report it as a bug see if it gets fixed or one of Anets other “fixes” updates the tooltip instead.

in Mesmer

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

This kittenes me off to no end, but its not just thief players its everyone. Anytime I try to talk about core mesmer and a problem that it has, someone will bring up chronomancer. No kitten chronomancer might have addressed that with some OP trait, that doesn’t mean the actual problem itself doesn’t still exist at a fundamental level. But it does mean that a potentially interesting and defining trait that chronomancer could have had is now lost forever, because that slot needs to be tied up “fixing” flawed mechanics on core mesmer.