Using Diferrent Stat Weapons

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zumi.6384

Zumi.6384

So after the patch I’m testing out a GS/Staff phantasm build I put together. Liking it so far, but since the only time I used GS pre-patch was for PvE, all I had was a Berserker GS. My staff is Valkyrie.

So my question is, if anyone knows, how exactly does weapon swapping with different stats work? Out of combat I lose the HP when I swap to the GS. Does this mean that if I’m at 1k health and swap to GS I’ll immediately drop, since I lose about 1300 HP?

I’m trying to figure out if it’s worth buying/putting a sigil on a new Greatsword. (Plus I’d have to transmute- and therefore destroy – my zerker GS since I love the SAB skin I put on it).

Here’s my build, if it helps: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgAQJAWRlwzKq3QTmGb9IipH9GyBckUoapWJF42FC-jEzAYLI8FAJKQJvkl+QTgCiVwioxqYw0npW7GIVMi3QrWGAmFA-w

The extra precision is nice on the GS for bleeds, etc. but I don’t want to drop just by swapping weapons!

Willowbreeze: Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast [Crit]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

When I choose a specific weapon set to use, I use all 2-3 weapons with the same stats.

I have 19 weapons and counting, not including underwater ones.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zumi.6384

Zumi.6384

That’s great and all, and I do the same thing generally.

But the main point of the thread is to see if anyone knows how swapping weapons with different stats works.

In the end I’ll probably just buy the new weapon, but I’m curious.

Willowbreeze: Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast [Crit]