Veil and Mass Invis!

Veil and Mass Invis!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Renner.2574

Renner.2574

I feel their cooldowns are too high. Veil is a 3 second stealth on a 90 second cooldown? Mass Invisibility is a bit better with a 5 second stealth by I feel like it needs more to be worthy of an elite, like remove 1 condition per second for 5 seconds?

I have no idea why I made this post. Your thoughts are welcome!

Veil and Mass Invis!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

More like:
The number stealthed from each needs to be modified. MI, as an ELITE, only stealths 5-10 people. Veil’s far more, although with less duration. Isn’t that a bit backward?
You’d think Veil would be both: less stealthed, and shorter c/d. Failing that, then swap their positions and stealth durations. Besides duration, Veil’s more of an Elite ability, as things currently stand.

The issue with adding condi-clear to MI is simple. That, plus PU … and we all know folk’d run that combo.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

Veil and Mass Invis!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Requiem.8769

Requiem.8769

Run through the veil twice. 6s of stealth.

Veil and Mass Invis!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Veil should be an actual wall-spell, IMO. Players standing on opposite sides of it cannot see each other, as if invisible (they can freely cast AEs behind the wall, mind you).

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Veil and Mass Invis!

in Mesmer

Advent.6193

Veil should be an actual wall-spell, IMO. Players standing on opposite sides of it cannot see each other, as if invisible (they can freely cast AEs behind the wall, mind you).

It was almost like that during one of the original class-vids. You could see through, the enemy couldn’t. No idea why they changed it …

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]

Veil and Mass Invis!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Inverted.7439

Inverted.7439

They’re both fine skills with fine CD’s. They’re veerry popular on mesmers in PvP and even moreso in WvW as Veil can stealth as many people as can run through it. Sometimes you gota remember we’re not thieves >.<

Veil and Mass Invis!

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

It was almost like that during one of the original class-vids. You could see through, the enemy couldn’t. No idea why they changed it …

Yes, that’s exactly where I got the idea from.

I suspect they changed it due to coding issues, since “invisible” is probably a state, not a function of the graphics engine. Still, I think it’d be much cooler if it worked like that.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Veil and Mass Invis!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

I tought veil just has 2 sec invis, traited 3. I feel like veil should be 4 sec and mass invis 10… It’s an elite kitten …

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Veil and Mass Invis!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

Veil is very powerful for WvW, and can be used by mesmer teams to keep an entire zerg hidden for much of the approach to an enemy fortification.

Mass Invis is… kind of underwhelming.

Veil and Mass Invis!

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

It’s ironic – “Mass” Invisibility has best uses in solo roaming and pvp… seems legit.

“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!

Veil and Mass Invis!

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

I would rather see mass inv. go up to 20 targets. Might give some diversity in GvG’s. Veils are pretty Obvious atm, mass inv can be used much to illusion much more.

Veil and Mass Invis!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

Either way.. if you see a huge zerg disappear in front of you, chances are they are trying to get the drop on you.

Veil and Mass Invis!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

Veil’s balance is weird. They seem to not want to increase mesmer’s stealth availability, but a 2sec stealth curtain does not justify a 90 sec cooldown. They should probably give it a secondary function of some sort, make it provide a boon or something perhaps.
Of course if they do that it makes Mass Invis, an elite skill which is supposed to be really powerful, seem weak by comparison and pointless due to redundancy.
Mass Invis should definitely hit more targets though.

Veil and Mass Invis!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Veil’s balance is weird. They seem to not want to increase mesmer’s stealth availability, but a 2sec stealth curtain does not justify a 90 sec cooldown.

Yes it does. You can stealth a 50 man group with it. It more than warrants the 90s cooldown. It is also a glamour skill, which means that the cd reduction is a tier 1 trait, again something that justify the longer default cooldown for a very powerfull skill.

Want better personal stealth? Replace your veil with Decoy. Mass invisibility is the “middle ground” for smaller engagements. Yes, it is reduntant compared to veil if you have a massive zerg, that’s the point. You’re not meant to have every stealth skill known to man active. Anet gave us options for different situations.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

Veil and Mass Invis!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Me Games Ma.8426

Me Games Ma.8426

Yay think of 10 s stealth on 90s cd with PU You want them to nerf PU? Ask for more stealth.

I’m atcually not playin PU but I think many here do and I also think that this is why they want it to be like this.
I’m NOT offending anyone here. Just sayin

Mindblossom – Sylvari – Mesmer – Jumpingpuzzler
Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

Veil and Mass Invis!

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

Change it to “grants 3 buffs” instead of “grants a buff per second”. Solved?

Veil and Mass Invis!

in Mesmer

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

Mass invi, if not receiving any buff, should at least be an instant cast. It’s such a pathetic skill for an elite.

Veil and Mass Invis!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

Veil’s balance is weird. They seem to not want to increase mesmer’s stealth availability, but a 2sec stealth curtain does not justify a 90 sec cooldown.

Yes it does. You can stealth a 50 man group with it. It more than warrants the 90s cooldown. It is also a glamour skill, which means that the cd reduction is a tier 1 trait, again something that justify the longer default cooldown for a very powerfull skill.

Want better personal stealth? Replace your veil with Decoy. Mass invisibility is the “middle ground” for smaller engagements. Yes, it is reduntant compared to veil if you have a massive zerg, that’s the point. You’re not meant to have every stealth skill known to man active. Anet gave us options for different situations.

Veil is incredibly powerful in WvW, mediocre in pvp, and crap in PvE. Utility skills should be more or less useful based on your situation, true, but not based on your game mode.

Veil and Mass Invis!

in Mesmer

Advent.6193

@Dawdler
As for the glamour reduction Trait. I’m sure most players’d rather have Glamour Mastery and Temporal Enchanter folded into one Trait. But that’s its own issue.

@Arewn
You’re absolutely right, RE: Utility Skills. That’s the mainstay of why I stated that -as things currently lie- Veil feels more like an Elite. Hell, you get a combofield, stealth (modded by PU), and a massive number of targets stealthed. Whereas Mass Inv. excels in duration, but that’s honestly about it.

Honestly, Time Warp’s our only Elite that -IMHO- feels like an “Elite” skill. And, I’m sure some would say that even it could use a bit of tweaking, post-Quickness nerf.

Veil and Mass Invis!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

Run through the veil twice. 6s of stealth.

Yay think of 10 s stealth on 90s cd with PU

As far as I know, you can only get 2 (or 3 if traited) seconds of stealth with Veil. That is, unless you wait for the stealth to wear off and THEN run through it again (you can’t stack stealth with Veil). Which also means that 6 seconds are kinda possible (if you are staying in one place), but only then. For 10 seconds in total, you actually need to trait for longer-lasting Glamours.

Veil-stealth, as well as the stealths from Mass Invisibility and The Prestige do neither stack with eachother, nor with other kinds of stealth. I’m not quite sure if the stealth from Decoy can be stacked with the stealth from combos or from a Thief… I’d need to test that.

Veil and Mass Invis!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Valarauka.2719

Valarauka.2719

Decoy is its own entirely separate brand of stealth – it works despite your Revealed status, and has its own timer – it’ll run concurrently with other stealth instead of adding time. All the others are regular stealth.

Gate of Madness :: [LIVE] :: [OMFG]
Fiona Oberyn :: Mesmer ~ Valthaniel :: Guardian

Veil and Mass Invis!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

So that means there’s indeed no way for a Mesmer to actually stack stealth. Chain yes, but not stack.

Veil and Mass Invis!

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

Actually there is.
Torch stacks with other mesmers stealths besides decoy and so does mass invis.

Veil and Mass Invis!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Helios.3598

Helios.3598

Veil and MI are mesmer god-mode in WvW.

Might be cool if they buffed MI somehow. Perhaps have it also apply a stack of confusion to 10 opponents in range.

mesmer of Blackgate
http://intothemists.com/

Veil and Mass Invis!

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

Veil just needs a change, I prefer the one from the old skill videos. With Veil being nerfed for WvW (but improved for ~everything else that way) by virtue of working completely different, there’s room for MI to have 20-50 targets. 50 is a clean number IMO, because of the siege cap.

Veil and Mass Invis!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dekk.3459

Dekk.3459

Might be cool if they buffed MI somehow. Perhaps have it also apply a stack of confusion to 10 opponents in range.

because the name just screams confusion… lol

Veil and Mass Invis!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

because the name just screams confusion… lol

Well, wouldn’t you be confused if a group of enemies just vanished into thin air?

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU