[Vid]Shatter vs Big Guild Gps Outnumbered 3

in Mesmer

Posted by: Joe.4178

Joe.4178

Me in solo/group vs some big guild groups, as a dps shatter mesmer. This isn’t zerg busting. It’s guild group busting, and it’s a lot harder than busting random zergs. The guild we fought had an actual team comp that did more than just spam 1 which made it difficult for me to survive in. Build and info is in link; I’ll try my best to answer any other questions as soon as possible. In this vid when its team fights I make LOTS of mistakes and its a good foundation for me to improve my gameplay. Enjoy!

-tM- Trillmatic
NSP Colorful Charr Engineer & Mesmer: Bamf Joe
WvW Outnumbered: https://www.youtube.com/BamfJoe0425

(edited by Joe.4178)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shu.6981

Shu.6981

ooo very nice, that 6 inches on a big day though was >.>

Mugi [-tM-][Holy]
IamMugi
NSP

in Mesmer

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

really good communication and coordination with teammates. it’s just a shame the opponents were so inept. regardless still impressive for how much out numbered you were.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

Nice job Mr. Charr Shatter Mes :P. You were so hardcore focused. This is why you don’t run a giant obvious pink charr mes!! It’s like saying: “kill meh”. Besides, HoD is so fun to toy with, as some of their roamers (like the ones in the video) are hilariously bad and are obviously a zergling. Anyway, it is ok you made a lot of mistakes there, you had 5-7 people chasing you the entire time and anyone would feel pressured from that. One thing I did see though is sometimes you forgot to phase retreat when you are stunned. Hopefully I will see ya in January since I am busy with exams and vacation soon.

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Mesmer

Joe.4178

ooo very nice, that 6 inches on a big day though was >.>

Thats gross rofl

really good communication and coordination with teammates. it’s just a shame the opponents were so inept. regardless still impressive for how much out numbered you were.

tyvm for the feedback man!

Nice job Mr. Charr Shatter Mes :P. You were so hardcore focused. This is why you don’t run a giant obvious pink charr mes!! It’s like saying: “kill meh”. Besides, HoD is so fun to toy with, as some of their roamers (like the ones in the video) are hilariously bad and are obviously a zergling. Anyway, it is ok you made a lot of mistakes there, you had 5-7 people chasing you the entire time and anyone would feel pressured from that. One thing I did see though is sometimes you forgot to phase retreat when you are stunned. Hopefully I will see ya in January since I am busy with exams and vacation soon.

Tyvm I would love it if everyone posted on my post with all my mistakes, I made so many that I still need to practice/improve on that when I rewatch my vid, smh so much mistakes. :\ Examples were I didn’t spawn clones when I’m running away then heal, missed blink+diversion combo, didn’t blur frenzy when I got trained when I was stuck in sword+pistol, etc. Makes me cry but I wish people would tell me everything I messed up on to get better Tyvm for the feedback also friend I do panic when I do get trained hard still it sucks.

-tM- Trillmatic

in Mesmer

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

the biggest mistake i saw was your heal timing was terrible. almost always you healed with 0 clones up.

in Mesmer

Joe.4178

the biggest mistake i saw was your heal timing was terrible. almost always you healed with 0 clones up.

Yeah I need to work on that, most of my clones were blown up or they focused me at the right timing, pressuring me into using my heal with 0 clones. Thanks!

-tM- Trillmatic

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

old skool shatter, thanks for reminding me why I played this class in the first place

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in Mesmer

Joe.4178

old skool shatter, thanks for reminding me why I played this class in the first place

Trying to bring the old school shatter back, don’t see much of them anymore man.

-tM- Trillmatic

in Mesmer

Posted by: imdapro.3256

imdapro.3256

List of mistakes:
00:18 – you tried to phase retreat blink stomp but forgot to press f
00:28 – healed with 1 clone
00:39 – walked into line of warden twice
00:50 – healed with 0 clones
01:13 – healed with 0 clones
01:36 – healed with 0 clones
02:01 – healed with 0 clones
02:26 – healed with 0 clones
04:10 – forgot staff was out but swapped to sword+pistol to run away
04:20 – healed with 0 clones
04:48 – healed with 0 clones
05:11 – healed with 0 clones
05:21 – could’ve summoned phantasm while running away for extra clone/damage
05:33 – could’ve summoned phantasm while running away from guardian
05:35 – healed with 2 clones
05:37 – walked into line of warden 3x
05:47 – could’ve summoned phantasm while running away
05:57 – healed with 2 clones
06:19 – healed with 1 clone didn’t summon phantasm while running away
06:47 – could’ve swapped to sword blur frenzy to evade damge but spammed heal w/ 0 clones out
07:16 – healed with 1 clone
07:44 – healed with 1 clone
08:09 – healed with 1 clone
08:31 – healed with 1 clone
08:54 – healed with 0 clones
09:22 – healed with 0 clones
09:44 – healed with 0 clones
10:14 – healed with 1 clone
11:10 – healed with 1 clone
12:22 – healed with 2 clones
12:50 – healed with 2 clones
13:56 – decoyed when chaos storm was out and broke stealth causing you to down

Despite all those mistakes, how fast you reacted to adapt and recover on it still amazes me and is a good reason why the skill level is on a different level. I’ll make a list of the high level plays that I thought were awesome that I don’t think many people see soon.

Yaks Bend Solo Hammer/Gs Warrior

(edited by imdapro.3256)

in Mesmer

Posted by: FLIMP.8172

FLIMP.8172

^
“X – healed with 2 clones”

Are you saying mesmers ALWAYS have to heal with 3 clones? Cos I’m pretty sure you’d die pretty often – especially if you’re playing a shatter build.

in Mesmer

Posted by: imdapro.3256

imdapro.3256

High level plays I thought was awesome and don’t think people saw:
02:46 – phase retreat blink stomp on guardian
03:44 – mass invis and jumped in water to juke since you were slow as a mesmer
04:38 – fadeaway shatter/turnaround burst then move on
05:25 – mass invis turned the other way
05:52 – phase retreat for chaos storm opposite direction/you always maintained chaos armor during the fights
05:58 – while running away you bursted that wa at the same time you were trained
07:02 – fadeaway/turnaround and hitting the group @ disadvantaged odds
08:53 – my favorite when you were super low hp and you turn around and shattered
10:20 – you were stuck but when they pulled you into the group, you blurred frenzy to avoid the aoe damage of their group then phase retreated out quickly
11:02 – blink blurred frenzy shatter instead of typical iLeap blur frenzy shatter combo
11:33 – you downstated but as soon as you got up you shattered everyone and didn’t heal
11:42 – interrupted the warriors heal, don’t see people interrupting intentionally often
12:14 – guardian rooted the ranger walked to him and shatter blur frenzy w/o iLeap and got a double kill with shatter
13:10 – guardian ringed in the warrior, ele updrafted him into your shatter followed by phase retreat stomp
13:37 – you iLeap blur frenzy shatter on engi, as soon as he went stealth from trait, you targeted the thief & cry of frustration to get aoe shatter on both of them while engi was in stealth

^ main reasons why you’re my fav shatter mesmer by far but @ 12:49 I still notice you wait till after you get launched you break stun when anet finally patched that you can break stun instantly haha.

Yaks Bend Solo Hammer/Gs Warrior

in Mesmer

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

That analysis o. o. Wow that’s really awesome imdapro, now Joe can be even more spectacular to watch (even with the crazy armor)

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Mesmer

Joe.4178

List of mistakes:
00:18 – you tried to phase retreat blink stomp but forgot to press f
00:28 – healed with 1 clone
00:39 – walked into line of warden twice
00:50 – healed with 0 clones
01:13 – healed with 0 clones
01:36 – healed with 0 clones
02:01 – healed with 0 clones
02:26 – healed with 0 clones
04:10 – forgot staff was out but swapped to sword+pistol to run away
04:20 – healed with 0 clones
04:48 – healed with 0 clones
05:11 – healed with 0 clones
05:21 – could’ve summoned phantasm while running away for extra clone/damage
05:33 – could’ve summoned phantasm while running away from guardian
05:35 – healed with 2 clones
05:37 – walked into line of warden 3x
05:47 – could’ve summoned phantasm while running away
05:57 – healed with 2 clones
06:19 – healed with 1 clone didn’t summon phantasm while running away
06:47 – could’ve swapped to sword blur frenzy to evade damge but spammed heal w/ 0 clones out
07:16 – healed with 1 clone
07:44 – healed with 1 clone
08:09 – healed with 1 clone
08:31 – healed with 1 clone
08:54 – healed with 0 clones
09:22 – healed with 0 clones
09:44 – healed with 0 clones
10:14 – healed with 1 clone
11:10 – healed with 1 clone
12:22 – healed with 2 clones
12:50 – healed with 2 clones
13:56 – decoyed when chaos storm was out and broke stealth causing you to down

Despite all those mistakes, how fast you reacted to adapt and recover on it still amazes me and is a good reason why the skill level is on a different level. I’ll make a list of the high level plays that I thought were awesome that I don’t think many people see soon.

Holy crap thats a lot of mistakes I made, tyvm for taking the time to do all that lol. Now I can use this as a cheat sheet to improve for the next video!

High level plays I thought was awesome and don’t think people saw:
02:46 – phase retreat blink stomp on guardian
03:44 – mass invis and jumped in water to juke since you were slow as a mesmer
04:38 – fadeaway shatter/turnaround burst then move on
05:25 – mass invis turned the other way
05:52 – phase retreat for chaos storm opposite direction/you always maintained chaos armor during the fights
05:58 – while running away you bursted that wa at the same time you were trained
07:02 – fadeaway/turnaround and hitting the group @ disadvantaged odds
08:53 – my favorite when you were super low hp and you turn around and shattered
10:20 – you were stuck but when they pulled you into the group, you blurred frenzy to avoid the aoe damage of their group then phase retreated out quickly
11:02 – blink blurred frenzy shatter instead of typical iLeap blur frenzy shatter combo
11:33 – you downstated but as soon as you got up you shattered everyone and didn’t heal
11:42 – interrupted the warriors heal, don’t see people interrupting intentionally often
12:14 – guardian rooted the ranger walked to him and shatter blur frenzy w/o iLeap and got a double kill with shatter
13:10 – guardian ringed in the warrior, ele updrafted him into your shatter followed by phase retreat stomp
13:37 – you iLeap blur frenzy shatter on engi, as soon as he went stealth from trait, you targeted the thief & cry of frustration to get aoe shatter on both of them while engi was in stealth

^ main reasons why you’re my fav shatter mesmer by far but @ 12:49 I still notice you wait till after you get launched you break stun when anet finally patched that you can break stun instantly haha.

I’m still amazed by how you caught all those plays.. lol

That analysis o. o. Wow that’s really awesome imdapro, now Joe can be even more spectacular to watch (even with the crazy armor)

Indeed, I’m still waiting for the sad face paperbag helm to finish my complete armor set besides ascended armor.. But I doubt they’ll ever come out with the paperbag helms anytime soon.

-tM- Trillmatic

in Mesmer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

I think I’ll watch this when I get home from work, coincidently I to play engineer and mesmer, got some time off soon so I think I’ll have to keep up with the times and make a video on my mesmer, I’ll drop a comment after I get a chance to watch it, and thanks to imdapro for pointing out the good plays so I’ve got some intersting things to look out for

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pwent.2639

Pwent.2639

Wow kiting like a champ. There where so many points when i was telling myself he is soooo dead. Ever thought about traiting for the extended blink though, because as you said in the vid comments your crit rate in group is like 100%. Thinking it might be a little more handy in a lot of those fights.
Edit: Forgot to say your are way to stronk.

Ida

(edited by Pwent.2639)

in Mesmer

Joe.4178

I think I’ll watch this when I get home from work, coincidently I to play engineer and mesmer, got some time off soon so I think I’ll have to keep up with the times and make a video on my mesmer, I’ll drop a comment after I get a chance to watch it, and thanks to imdapro for pointing out the good plays so I’ve got some intersting things to look out for

Thanks for the feedback! Sorry I haven’t been uploading engi vids as much anymore, but I’ll upload them whenever I get full ascended on my mesmer and engi!

Wow kiting like a champ. There where so many points when i was telling myself he is soooo dead. Ever thought about traiting for the extended blink though, because as you said in the vid comments your crit rate in group is like 100%. Thinking it might be a little more handy in a lot of those fights.
Edit: Forgot to say your are way to stronk.

Idk I like the 50 precision and cd on blur frenzy, most of the time I have to stay in range of my group so I can receive all their buffs/heals, so Idk if the range manipulation would be any useful for me. The reason I stayed alive is because of the ele and the guardian, they did all the buffs/heals for me to keep me alive.

-tM- Trillmatic

in Mesmer

Posted by: Logi.5612

Logi.5612

Joe so bad, heals when he has 0 clones up

j/k <3 awesome vid

Currently in EU – [Au]

http://tinyurl.com/NewNecroVideoAu

in Mesmer

Joe.4178

Joe so bad, heals when he has 0 clones up

j/k <3 awesome vid

Tyvm I’ll try to keep 3 clones up next time, failed miserably with the heals this vid..

-tM- Trillmatic

in Mesmer

Posted by: Otters.1567

Otters.1567

gear and traits pls

Buy a Pocket Otter, only 500G [Holy]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bunda.2691

Bunda.2691

Yeah Joe, wtf. Learn to play man.

Seriously though, that video was awesome, and your play makes my mesmer look almost … rangerish. Very nicely done.

in Mesmer

Joe.4178

gear and traits pls

They’re in the description box of the vid

Yeah Joe, wtf. Learn to play man.

Seriously though, that video was awesome, and your play makes my mesmer look almost … rangerish. Very nicely done.

Thanks man glad you enjoyed

-tM- Trillmatic

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kayzi.9752

Kayzi.9752

What a fun fight to watch Joe! Now I really know why you pack those energy drinks under your skirt.

Stalagta Team Faded – tM
NSP!

in Mesmer

Joe.4178

What a fun fight to watch Joe! Now I really know why you pack those energy drinks under your skirt.

Thanks stal! I need them to run away when I’m taking all that aggro those fights haha

-tM- Trillmatic

in Mesmer

Posted by: Korruptkai.8527

Korruptkai.8527

i like ur video joe

[Holy] Warrior/Guardian

in Mesmer

Posted by: Yam.2891

Yam.2891

kev is more than 6 inches on a good day

The Lad Guy – aka Mustache Pete
[Trillmatic][SPCA][xmas]

in Mesmer

Joe.4178

i like ur video joe

Thanks, I’ll check out your vid and see tell you how it is after I finish it!

kev is more than 6 inches on a good day

That is nasty why would you know something personal like that lol

-tM- Trillmatic

in Mesmer

Posted by: JHN.8749

JHN.8749

What!? Another video in less than a month? Fav vid out of all, thanks for sharing your spec too. But I’m still kinda confused about a lot of things.

1. How do you do against the current meta PU condi/PU phantasm builds 1v1 against your spec?
2. Is there gonna be any dramatic changes to your build since ascended armor has come out?
3. How many people are in your guild and is it recruiting?
4. What other builds you play for mesmer/other classes you play?
5. How come you don’t stream like everyone else?

Sbi Asuran Mesmer Solo Roamer