[Video] Chronomancer Roaming: "Invictus"

in Mesmer

Posted by: Guapo.1624

Guapo.1624

Hey It’s My Face Is Pi and I’m back with a brand new look and a brand new build!

Video:

New Build!: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAseRn0nBNqhlpB2oBEgilTj68JiirjMAWggqOar2tF-TFDFABNcCAaSJ0kqUAwTAoQ1VuSJISKJSS5A47PQwhAIN9NVpEhQACWAA-w

Please feel free to comment any suggestions for improvement on my gameplay, gear, or build.

(edited by Guapo.1624)

in Mesmer

Posted by: adelaide.6213

adelaide.6213

I’ve been running a similar build for roaming / 1v1, but using traited signet heal.

With the signet trait I also have the option to use signet of domination – which alongside the mantra provides disgusting single-target lockdown.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

Good vid as always! Well played surviving that many thieves. I do have a quick question for you though.

Why do you use heal mantra over ether feast? While you might gain a lot of sustain from resto mantras, you lose a ton of pressure and are super vulnerable when you have to charge both of your mantras for 5 seconds. With dom/inspir/chrono I would go for persisting images and ether feast since you use chronophant and the retal damage actually adds up very quickly with constantly resummoning your phants.

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Mesmer

Guapo.1624

Good vid as always! Well played surviving that many thieves. I do have a quick question for you though.

Why do you use heal mantra over ether feast? While you might gain a lot of sustain from resto mantras, you lose a ton of pressure and are super vulnerable when you have to charge both of your mantras for 5 seconds. With dom/inspir/chrono I would go for persisting images and ether feast since you use chronophant and the retal damage actually adds up very quickly with constantly resummoning your phants.

Thanks! I originally used ether feast and persisting images but switched to mantra. The main reason was for the extra sustain. With all the new builds out there I am not familiar enough with what other classes can do to properly evade all of their attacks so I need the extra heals for now . Also while it may be true that I am vulnerable while casting, I have enough active defense to adequately protect myself during the cast time. The extra condi clear is also invaluable as well as the instant cast time once the mantras have actually been prepared. This has saved me from a multitude of thieve’s bursts.

I did use ChronoPhant in this video during some clips and would absolutely run persisting images if I ever switched back to it, but for now I have decided to stick with Lost Time. My reasoning behind this is that it adds better pressure to mobile and stable enemies. Before using lost time, my phantasms would never be able to catch up to quick enemies and I could seldom interrupt stable enemies for the slow. This caused my two main sources of damage to be mitigated which made bursting near impossible. With the addition of lost time, I can apply slow to any class very frequently adding back one of my main sources of damage. The other downside of chronophant is that often I’ve noticed myself shattering the re summoned phantasms before they had a chance to attack whether that be because they couldn’t catch an enemy because they were too mobile or because i just shattered in too quick succession.

In the future when I am more comfortable with my build and the meta I will be sure to look at switching back to ether feast but for now I need the extra survivability. Thanks for the tips though!

in Mesmer

Warlord of Chaos.7845

Thanks! I originally used ether feast and persisting images but switched to mantra. The main reason was for the extra sustain. With all the new builds out there I am not familiar enough with what other classes can do to properly evade all of their attacks so I need the extra heals for now . Also while it may be true that I am vulnerable while casting, I have enough active defense to adequately protect myself during the cast time. The extra condi clear is also invaluable as well as the instant cast time once the mantras have actually been prepared. This has saved me from a multitude of thieve’s bursts.

I did use ChronoPhant in this video during some clips and would absolutely run persisting images if I ever switched back to it, but for now I have decided to stick with Lost Time. My reasoning behind this is that it adds better pressure to mobile and stable enemies. Before using lost time, my phantasms would never be able to catch up to quick enemies and I could seldom interrupt stable enemies for the slow. This caused my two main sources of damage to be mitigated which made bursting near impossible. With the addition of lost time, I can apply slow to any class very frequently adding back one of my main sources of damage. The other downside of chronophant is that often I’ve noticed myself shattering the re summoned phantasms before they had a chance to attack whether that be because they couldn’t catch an enemy because they were too mobile or because i just shattered in too quick succession.

In the future when I am more comfortable with my build and the meta I will be sure to look at switching back to ether feast but for now I need the extra survivability. Thanks for the tips though!

Yea thats reasonable. With so many ways to get exploded by power or condi builds these days (Thanks power creep), it makes sense to use something that is instant and gives more condi clear. If you had dueling, I would say go for sieze the moment because (Almost perma) quickness+mantras is pretty op. As for lost time, I never really got into it after the nerf to it. It looks strong, but it’s a tough decision between which gm to take for me, as they are all really good.

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

Played around with an sPvP version of this first on just the Golems, but I’m starting to somewhat like Lost Time. I totally wrote it off after the nerf and some after a little testing on a very similar build even (very interrupt oriented), but I have to say there is some nice synergy between LT, Delayed Reactions, and of course Danger Time.

Had a blast with this in sPvP matches too, which surprised me a bit. I did end up getting rid of LT and went back to CP, as well as taking Time Warp. Also went with Ether Feast and thus PI in Inspiration.

Had some really good 1v1s and bigger chaotic battles, and felt that I was definitely doing pretty darn well. My favorite was a Trap DH laying down everything in 1v1, me just waiting it out and then countering with that lovely ToT=>MB=>MS=>MW=>BF combo with a Daze mantra in between. So much lockdown, and so much pain! Love it!

Thanks for sharing, was a very fun night even in sPvP with this!

in Mesmer

Warlord of Chaos.7845

Played around with an sPvP version of this first on just the Golems, but I’m starting to somewhat like Lost Time. I totally wrote it off after the nerf and some after a little testing on a very similar build even (very interrupt oriented), but I have to say there is some nice synergy between LT, Delayed Reactions, and of course Danger Time.

Had a blast with this in sPvP matches too, which surprised me a bit. I did end up getting rid of LT and went back to CP, as well as taking Time Warp. Also went with Ether Feast and thus PI in Inspiration.

Had some really good 1v1s and bigger chaotic battles, and felt that I was definitely doing pretty darn well. My favorite was a Trap DH laying down everything in 1v1, me just waiting it out and then countering with that lovely ToT=>MB=>MS=>MW=>BF combo with a Daze mantra in between. So much lockdown, and so much pain! Love it!

I guess I will test Lost Time today or tomorrow. Will see how it does.

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Mesmer

Guapo.1624

Be sure to let me know how it goes!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

Yeah on the test mobs it worked out nicely, and I can see how in WvW roaming it would be similar for 1v1 or 1v2 fights, but in sPvP and bigger fights it was more difficult to gauge the impact that LT actually had. Plus your illusions die much more frequently in that setting, so I felt that I was getting more out of CP.

in Mesmer

Guapo.1624

Be sure to let me know how it goes!

Something you told me yesterday hit me, I don’t have much clone generation. I’ve been noticing this more and more as I’be been PvPing today. Upon further testing, I found that ChronoPhant is much better than Lost Time for the sole reason that I need more clone generation. The fact that the phantasms can attack again is just an added bonus. From now on I shall be using ChronoPhant instead of Lost Time.

New Build Link: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAseRn0nBNqhlpB2oBEgilTj68JiirjMAWggqOar2tF-TFDFABNcCAaSJ0kqUAwTAoQ1VuSJISKJSS5A47PQwhAIN9NVpEhQACWAA-w

in Mesmer

Posted by: Malakin.8293

Malakin.8293

It’s so nice to see someone sharing a build and showing actual gameplay for a change. I wish more people did it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: emendez.3705

emendez.3705

thanks for the vid and build i havent played my mesmer in a very long time but wanted to just wasn’t sure on a build. thanks been using it seems very solid but im still only 25% chrono unlocked haha