[Video] Teh Prestige - Mesmer duels montage

in Mesmer

Posted by: HardOleg.8063

HardOleg.8063

This is a short montage of duels againts various classes and builds.
Any feedback would be appricieted.

Hope you enjoy.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mura.8673

Mura.8673

I don’t have a mesmer so pardon the total noob question…. when you labeled the video teh prestige, I was expecting to see you using a torch. Why is it called The Prestige if you’re not using the prestige ability?

also… what is your build? thank you

in Mesmer

HardOleg.8063

“Teh Prestige” is the name of my character.

and for the build i’m running 20,20,0,0,30 with berserkers amulet.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mura.8673

Mura.8673

“Teh Prestige” is the name of my character.

That’s a good reason, I hadn’t noticed that.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Bah…was expecting a torch build too.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Mesmer

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

Instant deflation.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Erithus.1649

Erithus.1649

+1 for the gameplay
+1 for the outfit
+1 for Parov Stelar

Erythia Mesmer of Unity [UNTY] Aurora Glade

in Mesmer

Posted by: Davrollen.8935

Davrollen.8935

I love how you used the temp curtain to pull them INTO the warden from behind.

in Mesmer

Posted by: FLIMP.8172

FLIMP.8172

Great video HardOleg!

Just a thought… have you tried this rotation instead?

1. Cast curtain
2. Cast warden
3. Half way through the warden cast, close curtain
4. Leap and continue the rest of your combo

This way, the warden will spawn on top of your opponent whilst he’s knocked down. You then lock him in this position with leap and you end up getting the full spin out of your warden from start to end before you shatter. This is what I usually do but I have a different play style though so up to you

(edited by FLIMP.8172)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Raever.9483

Raever.9483

Nice duels!

I enjoyed watching that.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kavia.8249

Kavia.8249

for duels arcane thievery is OP you should take it instead of decoy. Works on immob and you already have blink and MI for stunbreak. Also quite delicious to steal a signet of rage or similar.

Kavia Kael
Champion Illusionist
Stormbluff Isle

in Mesmer

FLIMP.8172

Can you steal signets!?! :O

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

@Kavia: You’re pretty much 100% wrong. Arcane thievery is completely different from decoy, and the one does not replace the other.

@OP: Against thieves, you seem to know their timing reasonably well, so use it better. Dodge as they’re about to attack out of stealth, or use blurred frenzy to invuln it.

Make sure you don’t swap out of staff without popping chaos armor, that’s a powerful defensive tool that you don’t want to avoid using.

Against something like a necro, remember the condition cleansing wonder combo of the focus. Drop the warden, and drop the curtain under it. Standing near it cleanses a ton of conditions from the cleansing bolts whirl finisher.

in Mesmer

HardOleg.8063

Great video HardOleg!

1. Cast curtain
2. Cast warden

This way, the warden will spawn on top of your opponent whilst he’s knocked down. You then lock him in this position with leap and you end up getting the full spin out of your warden from start to end before you shatter. This is what I usually do but I have a different play style though so up to you

I thought about it, but its not practical because casting “curtain” either makes ur opponents move away from it or even dodge it fearing the pull.
and the warden can only be spawn on top of the opponent so basicly if u spawn the warden after the curtain u can only pull ur opponent away from the warden resulting in 0 dmg.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Eliyahu.1467

Eliyahu.1467

Great video HardOleg!

1. Cast curtain
2. Cast warden

I thought about it, but its not practical because casting “curtain” either makes ur opponents move away from it or even dodge it fearing the pull.
and the warden can only be spawn on top of the opponent so basicly if u spawn the warden after the curtain u can only pull ur opponent away from the warden resulting in 0 dmg.

No, no, you’ve got it wrong.

1. Cast Curtain
2. Begin casting Phantasmal Warden
3. While you are casting Phantasmal Warden, hit Into the Void.
4. Player is pulled and on the ground, Phantasmal Warden is summoned simultaneously.

EDIT: Made a quick vid to illustrate what FLIMP is describing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uWuloWZ0y0

(edited by Eliyahu.1467)

in Mesmer

HardOleg.8063

Great video HardOleg!

1. Cast curtain
2. Cast warden

No, no, you’ve got it wrong.

1. Cast Curtain
2. Begin casting Phantasmal Warden
3. While you are casting Phantasmal Warden, hit Into the Void.
4. Player is pulled and on the ground, Phantasmal Warden is summoned simultaneously.

EDIT: Made a quick vid to illustrate what FLIMP is describing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uWuloWZ0y0

huh now i see what he meant…
this is actually a pretty good tip

in Mesmer

FLIMP.8172

Hahaha nice video Eliyahu! Perfectly executed :p thanks

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hay.4817

Hay.4817

You just made me open a Mesmer nice video dude

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kavia.8249

Kavia.8249

@Kavia: You’re pretty much 100% wrong. Arcane thievery is completely different from decoy, and the one does not replace the other.

I understand they are completely different, I just think condi removal/stealing ability would better suit the build for duels than decoy since he already has multiple ways to remove stuns but no way to remove immobs or condis (except warden, but using it to remove condies generally means you aren’t using it to do damage or cc….). Could get into trouble with long immobs from necros or engineers.

Kavia Kael
Champion Illusionist
Stormbluff Isle