Volcanic Fractal question

in Mesmer

Posted by: MSFone.3026

MSFone.3026

Q:

Hey Dude(s/ettes),

Returning after a break (life etc.) and coming back a little before HoT. Attempting to solo/duo some fractals and had a question:

When the imbued Shaman boss puts up his shield at 75%, 50% and 25%, it takes 40 “hits” to bring it down. My question is do clone attacks count toward this total? Do Phantasm attacks count?

Thanks for the info.

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

I don’t see why they wouldn’t. However you only remove one stack per skill so phantasms like the warden won’t be totally amazing to remove the stacks.

Necro>warrior confirmed ty nemesis for single handedly saving the gw2 community!!

/s

in Mesmer

Posted by: MSFone.3026

MSFone.3026

I read somewhere that GS auto counts for 3 hits towards the 40, is that not so?

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

I read somewhere that GS auto counts for 3 hits towards the 40, is that not so?

GS auto would only remove 1 stack. But if you can get out 3 illusions then that helps out. If your wanting to learn to solo the boss I’d suggest watching this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbXHtPijMfc

Necro>warrior confirmed ty nemesis for single handedly saving the gw2 community!!

/s

in Mesmer

Posted by: Toeofdoom.6152

Toeofdoom.6152

I’m not exactly sure, but I know mesmer is extremely good at taking the stacks off if you run mantras and potentially use shatters – I think illusions count too, but it’s hard to tell.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sanderinoa.8065

Sanderinoa.8065

Clone attacks work for the 40, which is why I often run deceptive evasion there. The bubble is weird though, so there’s another intracity.
The 40 hits counter is addressed by whatever skill you use with the shaman targeted, meaning that you can miss him, but still take a stack off.

But wait, there’s more!
When reflecting a projectile, the projectile becomes yours, and therefore counts as your own skill. As long as you have the shaman targetted, reflecting the elementals reduces the bubble’s charges too.

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]
Retaliate is recruiting. again!
Fancy a Read? Extensive PvE Mesmer Guide