Want to see video of any GW2 game dev to

in Mesmer

Posted by: dani.1956

dani.1956

Kill any necromancer above 3000 achievements please !!! Would pay 100$ ! Dev has to play mesmer !

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

have you seen them play? necro as a mesmer is far from being the only thing they can’t kill…

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Red Jay.2516

Red Jay.2516

What does having 3000 achievement points have to do with player skill?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levitas.1953

Levitas.1953

You are asking for a duel between a dev (that can be the worst mesmer player in the world) and a necro that in your opinion is both skilled and op. What does it prove?

We have good chances with them.

(edited by Levitas.1953)

in Mesmer

dani.1956

You are asking for a duel between a dev (that can be the worst mesmer player in the world) and a necro that in your opinion is both skilled and op. What does it prove?

We have good chances with them.

I want to prove that the mesmer got no chance to kill any necromancer thakittens not mentally challenged to play gw2 !

in Mesmer

Levitas.1953

But you dont prove anything in this way. Being a dev or a 3000+ ap necro does not mean you know how to use the class.
A bad dev could duel a random warrior and lose, does it mean we cant kill warriors?
Necros provide good fights, if they are conditions based you need defense against them. The same can be said for every condition build, even mesmer.

in Mesmer

dani.1956

Mesmer
Mesmers are magical duelists who wield deception as a weapon. Using powerful illusions, clones, and phantasmal magic to confuse and distract their foes, mesmers make sure every fight is balanced in their favor and their opponents can’t believe their eyes. ( copy paste from class description )

From what i know duelist means they pretty good at 1vs1 , but WE SUCK BAD ! We can’t win vs any good player of other class out there !

in Mesmer

Posted by: ShadowPuppet.3746

ShadowPuppet.3746

Mesmer
Mesmers are magical duelists who wield deception as a weapon. Using powerful illusions, clones, and phantasmal magic to confuse and distract their foes, mesmers make sure every fight is balanced in their favor and their opponents can’t believe their eyes. ( copy paste from class description )

From what i know duelist means they pretty good at 1vs1 , but WE SUCK BAD ! We can’t win vs any good player of other class out there !

I am sure Osi and many many others would disagree with your assertion. I think one of two things is happening here, you have fought players that are better than you and you simply got outplayed, or you are fighting a build that your particular build is weak against IE, not having enough condi cleanse/lockdown tools against a necro because of the build you are running.

(edited by ShadowPuppet.3746)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Psych.6527

Psych.6527

I disagree, i have gone against powerful necro’s, they were OP with their first buff being able to instakill and glasscannon with 3 abilities. Now they have been toned downed abit, i usually dont struggle against my opponents, and make a great member for TPvP.

L2P issue..

Finch Psydstep|Phantasmal Mesmer and Council Leader of
Gamers Republic of South Africa[RSA]|Aurora Glade.
“If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven. Such is the rule, of honor!”

in Mesmer

Levitas.1953

Mesmer

This is false.

Edit:

I think one of two things is happening here, you have fought players that are better than you and you simply got outplayed, or you are fighting a build that your particular build is weak against IE, not having enough condi cleanse/lockdown tools against a necro because of the build you are running.

This is true.

(edited by Levitas.1953)

in Mesmer

dani.1956

Mesmer

This is false.

Edit:

I think one of two things is happening here, you have fought players that are better than you and you simply got outplayed, or you are fighting a build that your particular build is weak against IE, not having enough condi cleanse/lockdown tools against a necro because of the build you are running.

This is true.

You got 5k achievs in 1 year what can i say for you ?

in Mesmer

dani.1956

I disagree, i have gone against powerful necro’s, they were OP with their first buff being able to instakill and glasscannon with 3 abilities. Now they have been toned downed abit, i usually dont struggle against my opponents, and make a great member for TPvP.

L2P issue..

You even play this game ? Or you stay only in forum and say l2p ?)

in Mesmer

Levitas.1953

You even checked my ap! you are amazing (or silly?).
I only have one character, that is mesmer, and i use character slots to study a class when i need to.. I dont care about living story, i dont care about slayer/weapon master achievements, i dont care about radiant/hellfire skins. What do i need ap for?
You are the one that is whining because you dont win a 1vs1, what can i say for you? Go farm your ap.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ShadowPuppet.3746

ShadowPuppet.3746

Mesmer

This is false.

Edit:

This is true.

You got 5k achievs in 1 year what can i say for you ?

Let me try again, I was not personally attacking you or saying you are a bad player, because how the hell would I know what kind of player you are? The point I was trying to make is that there are always players that can outclass you, and yes like it or not some particular builds don’t match up well against other particular builds. This is what balance for this game really means, you simply can not make every class spec viable against every other class spec without turning them all into a homogeneous clone of one another because it has be stated time and time again that this game is not balanced around 1v1. Is mesmer as strong as it once was? Absolutely not, because of the pvp whiners that would rather kitten and moan when “their” build does not work to instantly kill “our” build, instead of actually trying to adapt and learn a way to counter. I have seen the argument made that no one build should force someone to build a specific way for dealing with it but I simply can’t agree, if the current Necro fotm build is giving you fits then build a different way and adapt, we do have the tools to beat them but yes it will leave us weak against other classes/builds.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

Mesmer Design Philosophy:

Mesmers rely on illusions in order to accomplish their goals. They need illusions to accomplish some of their highest damage and control, and without the illusions, they become fairly fragile. They can deal with enemy boons better than most classes, *but enemy conditions can often be a problem.* They share some of the stealth and mobility that the Thief enjoys, but suffer from a low health pool if you get past all their tricks.

Necromancer Design Philosophy:

The necro boasts the highest natural health of all the caster classes, and also has death shroud to extend that life total even higher. While they don’t have some of the escape or damage reduction capabilities that other classes boast, they do have a lot of ways to win attrition fights. *They have access to poison on multiple weapons, they are able to combine condition damage with raw damage*, and they have multiple disables to interrupt enemy skills. Necomancers also have multiple movement disabling abilities, while allows them to chase down enemies who are low on health.

Paper, meet scissors. Necros are one of the more difficult professions for us to go up against because they excel at attrition battles whereas we do not. Even then, nothing is set in stone. You can build yourself to be able to survive a necro.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Mesmer

I have to disagree, other then Condition builds and some Perma-Stealth Thieves e can win 1 Vs 1, though you have to take into account, build, player skill and others such as Level, gear and food buffs when in WvW

in Mesmer

dani.1956

Mesmers rely on illusions in order to accomplish their goals. They need illusions to accomplish some of their highest damage and control, and without the illusions, they become fairly fragile. They can deal with enemy boons better than most classes, but enemy conditions can often be a problem. They share some of the stealth and mobility that the Thief enjoys, but suffer from a low health pool if you get past all their tricks.

The necro boasts the highest natural health of all the caster classes, and also has death shroud to extend that life total even higher. While they don’t have some of the escape or damage reduction capabilities that other classes boast, they do have a lot of ways to win attrition fights. They have access to poison on multiple weapons, they are able to combine condition damage with raw damage, and they have multiple disables to interrupt enemy skills. Necomancers also have multiple movement disabling abilities, while allows them to chase down enemies who are low on health.

Paper, meet scissors. Necros are one of the more difficult professions for us to go up against because they excel at attrition battles whereas we do not. Even then, nothing is set in stone. You can build yourself to be able to survive a necro.

Too bad illusions damage nerfed to the ground !

in Mesmer

Dastion.3106

Err, when was Illusion damage nerfed? I think I see how this discussion is going to go. So just go on playing the victim. Mesmer has bigger issues than our ability to go toe to toe with a Necro.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

That to me looks like a Power/Phantom build and he doesnt exactly do to badly

in Mesmer

Posted by: isendel.5049

isendel.5049

I beg you, keep up topics like these! We live in a sad world, some fun is much needed!

Btw, I play mostly mesmer and our guild 1v1 tournament gets close. We have a bunch of very skilled necro players (champion phantom and so on, since you like refering to achievements and things as such). None of then can beat my phantasm 1v1 build. No terrormancer, no dhuunfire no nothing, there is simply no way. If you build up for fighiting necros, you can have so much condition removal, so much direct damage from phantasm, so much survivability they’ll never get you under 50% hp.

Apart from the necro thing, i feel that mesmer is one of the strongest 1v1 classes. Check out some builds and some tutorials, that’s gonna help you a lot. Skill is something you acquire in time, usually not spending much time on the forum writing (reading can help though) but playing..

in Mesmer

Levitas.1953

Mesmers rely on illusions in order to accomplish their goals. They need illusions to accomplish some of their highest damage and control, and without the illusions, they become fairly fragile. They can deal with enemy boons better than most classes, but enemy conditions can often be a problem. They share some of the stealth and mobility that the Thief enjoys, but suffer from a low health pool if you get past all their tricks.

The necro boasts the highest natural health of all the caster classes, and also has death shroud to extend that life total even higher. While they don’t have some of the escape or damage reduction capabilities that other classes boast, they do have a lot of ways to win attrition fights. They have access to poison on multiple weapons, they are able to combine condition damage with raw damage, and they have multiple disables to interrupt enemy skills. Necomancers also have multiple movement disabling abilities, while allows them to chase down enemies who are low on health.

Do we play the same class?

in Mesmer

dani.1956

You should be banned ! Flaming on forums but you’re not a real player ! I’ve been watching you in-game for 4 hours you didnt log 1 time ! So how can you tell l2p if you’re not even playn the game or in the game or loggin the game at all ?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blimm.5028

Blimm.5028

Just build a duelist-mesmer build, Prismatic understanding and you are invulnerable 1o1 and will wear your opponent down eventually.

Think With Portals [TWP]: 4th of 16 at Guildnews.de cup
Liane Frostfire – Elementalist [TWP] Ilona Frostfire – Mesmer [TWP]
Enya Frostfire – Mesmer [OMFG]

in Mesmer

dani.1956

Just build a duelist-mesmer build, Prismatic understanding and you are invulnerable 1o1 and will wear your opponent down eventually.

Why should i change to duel mode ? Is he duel mode ? 100% no ! Guys we talk about balance not builds and other stuff ! Mesmers use to be fun , almost dancing with my keyboard and my char in a duel ! Now feels clumsy and useless !

in Mesmer

Levitas.1953

You must be kidding me. Im playing since 3 hours while looking at the forum via smartphone.
Stop trolling or better, ask to close this useless thread.

Edit: you know, free time.

in Mesmer

dani.1956

You must be kidding me. Im playing since 3 hours while looking at the forum via smartphone.
Stop trolling or better, ask to close this useless thread.

Edit: you know, free time.

Don’t like it dont watch it ! So gtfo of my thread !

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blimm.5028

Blimm.5028

Just saying, mesmer, if specialized for it, is top notch duelist. Noone else can specialize for dueling. In tPvP I rarely lose duels even with meta shatter vs necros. Just read their attacks.

Think With Portals [TWP]: 4th of 16 at Guildnews.de cup
Liane Frostfire – Elementalist [TWP] Ilona Frostfire – Mesmer [TWP]
Enya Frostfire – Mesmer [OMFG]

in Mesmer

Posted by: isendel.5049

isendel.5049

What’s the point of your topic..?

Usually people come on the forum to discuss things, not to say “gtfo from my thread”..

Wanna some tip on a specific build? Wanna some help against necros? Wanna learn something? So far i’ve seen a pile of close minded comments on every reply by the community..what do you want from us..? You want us to say “yeah you’re right”?
Honestly i couldn’t, since i beat necros with my PVE build simply changing one utility and a trait..

in Mesmer

Dastion.3106

You should be banned ! Flaming on forums but you’re not a real player ! I’ve been watching you in-game for 4 hours you didnt log 1 time ! So how can you tell l2p if you’re not even playn the game or in the game or loggin the game at all ?

Wait, what? Lol. You’re telling someone they’re not a real player because they haven’t been logged in in the past four hours? In the US it’s anywhere from 8-11am on a Monday. People have lives and jobs.

Also, that’s not flaming, it’s being flippant at best.

in Mesmer

dani.1956

What’s the point of your topic..?

Usually people come on the forum to discuss things, not to say “gtfo from my thread”..

Wanna some tip on a specific build? Wanna some help against necros? Wanna learn something? So far i’ve seen a pile of close minded comments on every reply by the community..what do you want from us..? You want us to say “yeah you’re right”?
Honestly i couldn’t, since i beat necros with my PVE build simply changing one utility and a trait..

Why should i change my build to beat 1 class ? Why should i change my build to 1vs1 a necro ? Did he changed the build to 1vs1 me ?) do you guys hear yourselfs ?

And i shukittenhat guy away because all he reply was l2p , l2build mesmer , l2put the right skills !

in Mesmer

Posted by: Moderator.9604

Moderator.9604

Hello everybody
We have decided to close this thread, as it is not leading to any healthy conversation. Thank you for your understanding.