Wanted: Core mesmer build for fractals

in Mesmer

Posted by: Smiggles.6823

Smiggles.6823

Q:

Dear community,

I’m an ele main but who finally finished my ascended berserker armor and trinkets (and just as condi became meta!). I’m looking for a core mesmer build built around direct damage for dungeons and fractals.

Looking for a build that will let me do low level fractals and dungeons while I learn the class and work towards unlocking chronomancer.

Full zerk armor and trinkets at ascended. Metabattle lists that I should have some assassins gear in their for crit though. Is that still current? Can an experienced mesmer give me build advice or link me to a build?

TY
(Reposted from Fractals forum)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

A:

I would recommend not running GS unless you’re against a boss where ranged is effective (Jade Maw, bad groups on final Chaos, Trident for Jellyfish, etc). Sword/sword + /focus will be your core, typically, although if you want that extra dps, /torch is better than /focus.

Swap the GM for Power Block since you can AoE interrupt with Sword4, Focus4, or switch it to Mental Anguish for bonus shatter damage if and when you shatter (rarely).

Dueling should be 1/3/1, there’s basically no flexibility here.

As for utility skills, Signet of Illusions isn’t necessary in PvE unless you’re trying to solo something too difficult that ends up one shotting your illusions (note illusions don’t typically get one shot in PvE, because they aren’t the focus target).

I’d recommend: Signet of Domination if you’re comfortable and can hold it for dps boost, otherwise Decoy or Defender are decent. Disenchanter can be useful in certain scenarios, as well, but I wouldn’t slot it because I’d rather do and forget.

Signet of Inspiration is also kind of useless on this build, because you’re not generating any useful boon to share. See the above recommendations, but if you’re 100% confident in your ability to stay alive (note: in T4s, good luck), run Signet of Midnight. If you need a Signet to activate for Distortion, it will be this one and it doubles as a stunbreak. Try not to use Signet of Dom.

The edited build

Also carry a focus. Focus4 paired with Power Block is just free dps on a skill you should be using on trash.

Lastly: If you end up soloing Chaos final boss, Staff is better than GS if survivability is your objective. Don’t ask why I know this.

in Mesmer

Smiggles.6823

I was using this last night for my tier 3 run:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAR8cnsICFohdoBuqBMrhlUjB9r1yqsiT6mcgSCA-e

Tried to use my illusions and phantasms for damage and keep them alive rather than shattering used greatsword for when I wanted range and the domination grandmaster for the extra damage in pug on greatsword.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Refia Montes.3205

Refia Montes.3205

Dueling 1-3-1
Illusions 1-2-1
Domination 2-2-2

This set up has a good mix of burst and maximum DPS for core Mesmer.

You can opt to drop Domination for Inspirations if you need some reflects with Focus.

Carry 2 swords, GS and a Focus.

Mirage DPS HYPE

in Mesmer

Smiggles.6823

Thank you for that, consider this answered

in Mesmer

Posted by: EbonFreeman.4051

EbonFreeman.4051