Or since the nerf was so pve oriented, maybe nerf the sharing on alacrity,
By killing bunker mes they also killed shatter mes
Rip

Ways tof fix mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xstein.2187

Xstein.2187

You can read my thoughts on this change here
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Mesmer-Balance-Changes/page/3#post5959050

Basically, I think the problem deals with both pve and pvp. It is not one game mode specific. With the old alacrity on you, you could get your shield recharge down to 18 seconds, which is ridiculously low compared to the other shield skills in the game. Also, I think the devs waaay overestimate how much the old alacrity helped in raids. However, non the less, it was still exceptionally powerful. My ideal change would be to increase the power of alacrity across the board (at least 50%), and then increase the cool downs of a few key skills that made bunker mesmer a huge problem. Reasoning for this change may be found in the link.

Lägertha Lothbrök: PvE Mesmer
Schrödingers Clone: PvP Mesmer

Ways tof fix mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheOneWhoSighs.7513

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

Oh these are fun.

Utility changes:
1. Remove aegis from Precog, remove the cast time from it, increase the stab pulse to 2 stacks, add remove 2 conditions on pulse (Gives it some use in WvW & PvP. No real use in PvE). Reduce cooldown to 40 seconds.
2. Decrease timewarp’s cooldown to 90 seconds. There’s really no reason it’s still at 180. If you feel like a 50% reduction in cooldown is too much, reduce it to 120.
3. Reduce the cooldown of mirror images to a base of 35 seconds. It’s 2 clones & a stun break, it doesn’t deserve to be on a higher cooldown than a clone, stunbreak + stealth (decoy)
4. Reduce the cooldown of arcane thievery to 20 seconds, bringing it more in line with boon corrupt necros. (Don’t like it? Nerf necros then)
5. Reduce cast time on mantras by 3/4 a second, bringing it to 2 seconds to charge them.
6. Increase the damage mantra of pain does, but also increase its cooldown. That way it doesn’t break the mantra traits. Perhaps give it a good 700-800 damage base, but a cooldown of lets say 10 or so seconds before you can recharge it.
7. Increase base healing on mirror by 750.
8. Reduce cooldown on well of recall by 5 seconds.
9. Increase cooldown on Well of Calamity to 40 seconds, triple the pulse and double final pulse damage. Remove cripple and add slow. (This brings it into the same line that necro’s well of suffering exists on. Making it valuable in WvW, and something I might take in PvP to secure downs.)
10. Signet of inspiration, add to the active: And yourself.
11. Decrease signet of domination cooldown to 60 seconds, decrease moa time to 3 seconds. (This is just a thought experiment, more than an actual suggested balance)

Trait changes:
Chaos
1. Increase PU effect to 75%. (Harsh reality: Renerf to 25% in 3 weeks because it was too OP for pugs to deal with, but thief is perfectly fine)
2. Remove chilled and crippled from chaotic interruption pool (YOU ALREADY kittenING IMMOBILIZED THEM), add 3 stacks of burning and 3 stacks of confusion to the pool. (Thought experiment: Replace blind with 2 stacks of poison)
3. Change mirror of anguish to a 3 second taunt that also gives me 3 1/2 seconds of protection. I WANT TO BE A REVENANT TOO~!
Domination
4. Rending Shatter gives 2 stacks of vulnerability instead of 1. Why? Why not?
5. Imagined Burden – changed to Illusionary Greatness. All clone attacks give you 2 stacks of might, keep the rest the same. (I just didn’t like the name, it made no sense. and I’ve already made a lot of condi changes. If it were Imagined Burden, I’d feel the need to add condis to it…)
6. Furious Interrupt – Also creates a clone! Or even an pDefender! Idk, pdefender could be a bit much. As would most phantasms. So lets go with a clone.
7. Shattered concentration – removes 2 boons instead of 1.
*Illusions

8. The Pledge – Not only do torch skills remove conditions, but being in stealth removes 1 condition every second!
9. Main the Disillusioned – Also inflicts a stack of confusion.
10. Shattered Strength – 2 stacks of might, because why not?
11. Ineptitude – interval reduced to 7 seconds
12. Malicious Sorcery – Scepter projectile speed increased by 20% as well.
Dueling
I’m kind of fine with everything in dueling?
Inspiration
13. Persisting images – 50% health instead of only 20.

WEAPON CHANGES
MH Sword
1. Remove any after cast from Blurred Frenzy. If there is any. It seems like there is to me. Increase damage by 10%.
2. Increase auto attack damage by 30%.
3. Increase range on Illusionary Leap and Swap to 900.
OH Sword
4. Illusionary Riposte now blocks up to 3 attacks instead of 1, summons an illusion regardless of whether it blocks anything.
Greatsword
5. Increase autoattack damage by 30% (I know, I’m insane!). Remove weird after cast delay this thing sometimes has.
6. Mirror Blade – bounces 4 times instead of 3.
7. Mindstab – removes 2 boons.
OH Pistol
Nothing to really complain about. Unless you want phantasms to be our actual main source of damage (I don’t)
OH Sheild
Nothing to really complain about.
Torch
Meh. not sure what I even want to change here, other than possibly the phantasm. The trait changes might be enough for this weapon, honestly.
Staff
8. Add blind back to chaos armor. Reduce the change of getting it to 20%.
9. Chaos storm – Dazes on first hit. Increase damage by 30%.
10. Autoattack – increase number of bounces to 4, projectile speed increases with each bounce. (Thought experiment more than anything)
Scepter
11. Illusionary Counter – Same behavior I described for illusionary riposte.

And with that, I’ve probably made Condi Lockdown mesmer OP as kitten. Which might be deserved, considering how difficult it can be to play lockdown mesmer.

“Unused Development Initiative. We care so much
about your feedback, that we don’t even read it.” ~ Crystal Suzuki

(edited by TheOneWhoSighs.7513)

Ways tof fix mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xstein.2187

Xstein.2187

Imagined burden is an old skill. In guild wars 1 it was a hex spell that made the target foe move 50% slower. I think they tried to copy this over into gw2 in the form of cripple (which decreases movement speed by 50%). Just a little trivia on its name in case you didn’t know. So I think the reason it is called imagined burden is because the trait makes it so all other gs skill inflict cripple.

Lägertha Lothbrök: PvE Mesmer
Schrödingers Clone: PvP Mesmer

Ways tof fix mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rome.7124

Rome.7124

Oh these are fun.

Utility changes:
1. Remove aegis from Precog, remove the cast time from it, increase the stab pulse to 2 stacks, add remove 2 conditions on pulse (Gives it some use in WvW & PvP. No real use in PvE). Reduce cooldown to 40 seconds.
2. Decrease timewarp’s cooldown to 90 seconds. There’s really no reason it’s still at 180. If you feel like a 50% reduction in cooldown is too much, reduce it to 120.
3. Reduce the cooldown of mirror images to a base of 35 seconds. It’s 2 clones & a stun break, it doesn’t deserve to be on a higher cooldown than a clone, stunbreak + stealth (decoy)
4. Reduce the cooldown of arcane thievery to 20 seconds, bringing it more in line with boon corrupt necros. (Don’t like it? Nerf necros then)
5. Reduce cast time on mantras by 3/4 a second, bringing it to 2 seconds to charge them.
6. Increase the damage mantra of pain does, but also increase its cooldown. That way it doesn’t break the mantra traits. Perhaps give it a good 700-800 damage base, but a cooldown of lets say 10 or so seconds before you can recharge it.
7. Increase base healing on mirror by 750.
8. Reduce cooldown on well of recall by 5 seconds.
9. Increase cooldown on Well of Calamity to 40 seconds, triple the pulse and double final pulse damage. Remove cripple and add slow. (This brings it into the same line that necro’s well of suffering exists on. Making it valuable in WvW, and something I might take in PvP to secure downs.)
10. Signet of inspiration, add to the active: And yourself.
11. Decrease signet of domination cooldown to 60 seconds, decrease moa time to 3 seconds. (This is just a thought experiment, more than an actual suggested balance)

Trait changes:
Chaos
1. Increase PU effect to 75%. (Harsh reality: Renerf to 25% in 3 weeks because it was too OP for pugs to deal with, but thief is perfectly fine)
2. Remove chilled and crippled from chaotic interruption pool (YOU ALREADY kittenING IMMOBILIZED THEM), add 3 stacks of burning and 3 stacks of confusion to the pool. (Thought experiment: Replace blind with 2 stacks of poison)
3. Change mirror of anguish to a 3 second taunt that also gives me 3 1/2 seconds of protection. I WANT TO BE A REVENANT TOO~!
Domination
4. Rending Shatter gives 2 stacks of vulnerability instead of 1. Why? Why not?
5. Imagined Burden – changed to Illusionary Greatness. All clone attacks give you 2 stacks of might, keep the rest the same. (I just didn’t like the name, it made no sense. and I’ve already made a lot of condi changes. If it were Imagined Burden, I’d feel the need to add condis to it…)
6. Furious Interrupt – Also creates a clone! Or even an pDefender! Idk, pdefender could be a bit much. As would most phantasms. So lets go with a clone.
7. Shattered concentration – removes 2 boons instead of 1.
*Illusions

8. The Pledge – Not only do torch skills remove conditions, but being in stealth removes 1 condition every second!
9. Main the Disillusioned – Also inflicts a stack of confusion.
10. Shattered Strength – 2 stacks of might, because why not?
11. Ineptitude – interval reduced to 7 seconds
12. Malicious Sorcery – Scepter projectile speed increased by 20% as well.
Dueling
I’m kind of fine with everything in dueling?
Inspiration
13. Persisting images – 50% health instead of only 20.

WEAPON CHANGES
MH Sword
1. Remove any after cast from Blurred Frenzy. If there is any. It seems like there is to me. Increase damage by 10%.
2. Increase auto attack damage by 30%.
3. Increase range on Illusionary Leap and Swap to 900.
OH Sword
4. Illusionary Riposte now blocks up to 3 attacks instead of 1, summons an illusion regardless of whether it blocks anything.
Greatsword
5. Increase autoattack damage by 30% (I know, I’m insane!). Remove weird after cast delay this thing sometimes has.
6. Mirror Blade – bounces 4 times instead of 3.
7. Mindstab – removes 2 boons.
OH Pistol
Nothing to really complain about. Unless you want phantasms to be our actual main source of damage (I don’t)
OH Sheild
Nothing to really complain about.
Torch
Meh. not sure what I even want to change here, other than possibly the phantasm. The trait changes might be enough for this weapon, honestly.
Staff
8. Add blind back to chaos armor. Reduce the change of getting it to 20%.
9. Chaos storm – Dazes on first hit. Increase damage by 30%.
10. Autoattack – increase number of bounces to 4, projectile speed increases with each bounce. (Thought experiment more than anything)
Scepter
11. Illusionary Counter – Same behavior I described for illusionary riposte.

And with that, I’ve probably made Condi Lockdown mesmer OP as kitten. Which might be deserved, considering how difficult it can be to play lockdown mesmer.

+1

Ways tof fix mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Uncle Dalty.8327

Uncle Dalty.8327

I agree with a ton of these but some are getting back to OP… and remember if we are even slightly worse than balanced everyone else says we are way OP. I’d like to see many of these utility type changes and changes on the unused traits, weapons, and skills. greatsword is probably okay as it though haha. The “11. Ineptitude – interval reduced to 7 seconds” is +100

Ways tof fix mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Whether or not skills were initially balanced around alacrity for Chrono, the fact is the line doesn’t give you enough in terms of offense or defense naturally. The utility of the Alarcity gave you the middle road of both via frequency, and the line gave you your choice of… Well really the line only gave you CS, built in speed runes, the potential to use a shield, and take your pick of Quickness, or double phant. (or stacking Alacrity for PvE :/) very little of the rest was consequential… maybe slow… maybe. (I dunno I thought the slow was pretty lame)

If you play now you can really feel that disconnect with the alacrity nerf, you feel yourself being held back by your cooldowns, not to say you didn’t have a period of downtime with 66% but it was not so sluggish. The problem here is that compared to taking a damage based line where your actions felt more satisfying, or a defensive line where you would be able to sustain your c/ds, you gain very little extra in the context of play for the sacrifice outside the one powerful gimmic.

The issue with the frequency before was how long it let mesmers live when combined with old well of precog, and shield.

At this point if we had 66%, even if they were to give 2 stacks of aegis per pulse you are still going to be chipped away at between. Bunker amulets are gone as well, along with energy runes (which btw does hurt shatters production) and the amount of sustain has effectively been reduced.

Shield would have it’s block duration reduced from the first nerf and may have been a bit to strong now, we don’t know, didn’t get to see it in this meta. But simple and fair fix is to increase the c/d to match alacrity since chrono is the only mesmer build that can use it.

The patch also gave more meta counter picks like thief buff, who historically can kill a mesmer just by going invisible and wait out cooldowns since we have to play re actively and predict with finite resources outside of running to your friends. (thank God we aren’t balanced 1v1 I gs /eyeroll)

I don’t see why some of you are so against self alacrity being 66% on chrono, when ultimately if a mesmer did not run shield or precog they would be pretty balanced right now, and to gut a whole line that already suffered in it’s non elite counterpart is uncalled for.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Ways tof fix mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Khyber.1284

Khyber.1284

“Can I get Pointless Threads for $200 Alex”

Ways tof fix mesmer

in Mesmer

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

I agree with a ton of these but some are getting back to OP… and remember if we are even slightly worse than balanced everyone else says we are way OP. I’d like to see many of these utility type changes and changes on the unused traits, weapons, and skills. greatsword is probably okay as it though haha. The “11. Ineptitude – interval reduced to 7 seconds” is +100

I agree, some of those changes I suggested, are in fact, over tuning.
And some things I think need to be toned down.

Alas, I was going trait by trait and rolling with the punches.

As a mention of things that could be toned down:

Gravity well could do a bit more damage, but be on a 120 second cooldown, discouraging double casting it. (TW I believe SHOULD be on a 90 second cooldown, ENCOURAGING IT to be double casted. As it is group utility, not damage, and that is what the mesmer do.)

I mentioned my moa thought experiment. I think it’s likely the route moa should actually go.
A moa on an organized team can be killed in the blink of an eye. Making it a really powerful utility, with too long a duration. Yet also too high a cooldown to be truly useful for ganking.

Moa, in its current form, is still to turn team fights around.

I would like its duration & cooldown reduction to increase its power as a ganking tool, yet weaken its power as a team fight changer (without outright removing it).

Ofc, with a shorter duration, it means the gank has to be on point. As well as the team fights.

Which should be expected of such a powerful utility.

I hope its understood by any dev that read my previous post, that things like the outright buff to calamity well (the cooldown increase really isn’t a big deal), come with the understanding that it’s powerful because you’re sacrificing something else powerful (A.K.A. A core traitline).

The following is true of every class
All of the core traitlines have to synergize well with each other, before you can make the elite specs more powerful.
If you buff the elite specs without reworking the core, the elite will only become mandatory, rather than a trade off.

Ways tof fix mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

Re: Remove aegis from Precog, remove the cast time from it, increase the stab pulse to 2 stacks, add remove 2 conditions on pulse (Gives it some use in WvW & PvP. No real use in PvE). Reduce cooldown to 40 seconds. —-- aegis makes it unusable , but I think that having it

Re: 2. Decrease timewarp’s cooldown to 90 seconds. There’s really no reason it’s still at 180. If you feel like a 50% reduction in cooldown is too much, reduce it to 120. —-- much needed

Re: 3. Reduce the cooldown of mirror images to a base of 35 seconds. It’s 2 clones & a stun break, it doesn’t deserve to be on a higher cooldown than a clone, stunbreak + stealth (decoy) —-—— it’s main utility is making clones to shatter, so this would be welcome

Re: Reduce cooldown on well of recall by 5 seconds. —-- This could work

Re: Increase cooldown on Well of Calamity to 40 seconds, triple the pulse and double final pulse damage. Remove cripple and add slow. (This brings it into the same line that necro’s well of suffering exists on. Making it valuable in WvW, and something I might take in PvP to secure downs.) —-— I believe shatters should remain the main source of spikey damage

Re: 2. Remove chilled and crippled from chaotic interruption pool (YOU ALREADY kittenING IMMOBILIZED THEM), add 3 stacks of burning and 3 stacks of confusion to the pool. (Thought experiment: Replace blind with 2 stacks of poison) —-—- Chilled has a CD modifier, so removing crippled would be fine

Re: Imagined Burden , I don’t think it’s as horrific as people make it out to be. When you are in PvE you get to autoattack a lot to generate might stacks

Re: 5. Increase autoattack damage by 30% (I know, I’m insane!). Remove weird after cast delay this thing sometimes has. —-— ranged weapons’ auto attacks overall need a tone down , the GS is in a mediocre state right now because all the autos on ranged weapons are overkill

Re: 6. Mirror Blade – bounces 4 times instead of 3. —-- I don’t really see why

Re: 7. Mindstab – removes 2 boons. —-— it’s on such a low cooldown though

Re: Staff Autoattack – increase number of bounces to 4, projectile speed increases with each bounce. —-- every other weapon has a cleave of 3 targets , I’d rather have the projectile to hit a bit quicker

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

Ways tof fix mesmer

in Mesmer

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

Re: Remove aegis from Precog, remove the cast time from it, increase the stab pulse to 2 stacks, add remove 2 conditions on pulse (Gives it some use in WvW & PvP. No real use in PvE). Reduce cooldown to 40 seconds. *—— aegis makes it unusable , but I think that having it *

Re: 2. Decrease timewarp’s cooldown to 90 seconds. There’s really no reason it’s still at 180. If you feel like a 50% reduction in cooldown is too much, reduce it to 120. —— much needed

Re: 3. Reduce the cooldown of mirror images to a base of 35 seconds. It’s 2 clones & a stun break, it doesn’t deserve to be on a higher cooldown than a clone, stunbreak + stealth (decoy) ———- it’s main utility is making clones to shatter, so this would be welcome

Re: Reduce cooldown on well of recall by 5 seconds. —— This could work

Re: Increase cooldown on Well of Calamity to 40 seconds, triple the pulse and double final pulse damage. Remove cripple and add slow. (This brings it into the same line that necro’s well of suffering exists on. Making it valuable in WvW, and something I might take in PvP to secure downs.) ——- I believe shatters should remain the main source of spikey damage

Re: 2. Remove chilled and crippled from chaotic interruption pool (YOU ALREADY kittenING IMMOBILIZED THEM), add 3 stacks of burning and 3 stacks of confusion to the pool. (Thought experiment: Replace blind with 2 stacks of poison) ——— Chilled has a CD modifier, so removing crippled would be fine

Re: Imagined Burden , I don’t think it’s as horrific as people make it out to be. When you are in PvE you get to autoattack a lot to generate might stacks

Re: 5. Increase autoattack damage by 30% (I know, I’m insane!). Remove weird after cast delay this thing sometimes has. ——- ranged weapons’ auto attacks overall need a tone down , the GS is in a mediocre state right now because all the autos on ranged weapons are overkill

Re: 6. Mirror Blade – bounces 4 times instead of 3. —— I don’t really see why

Re: 7. Mindstab – removes 2 boons. ——- it’s on such a low cooldown though

Re: Staff Autoattack – increase number of bounces to 4, projectile speed increases with each bounce. —— every other weapon has a cleave of 3 targets , I’d rather have the projectile to hit a bit quicker

So going down the list:

• *—— aegis makes it unusable , but I think that having it *
    I’m assuming you were going to write something about the condi removal. If so, the 2 condi removal is only mildly competitive with null field, which is condi removal + boon rip. The stab + condi removal makes it good for throwing on a commander when he’s immobilized and boon corrupted.
    In my mind, there’s not really a way to argue this is OP. Especially since someone can just drop their AoE on it, and either kill you, or force you off of it.
  • ——- I believe shatters should remain the main source of spikey damage
    They would still be the main source of spikey damage. Only the final pulse of calamity, even with the rework (Note: Not just buff) is the only thing spikey on it.
    I also didn’t suggest making it unblockable.
    The big thing here, is that it’s possible for me to argue putting a mesmer in the necro party.
    Take recall + this, and synchronize our well spikes. Reducing time between intervals, and giving mesmer something to do other than being a pure gank with GW/TW.
    I see this as somewhat a swapping of roles, more so than replacing our main source of damage.
    However, if someone came to attack your fellow necros, you burst the kitten out of them with shatters & necro autos.
  • ——— Chilled has a CD modifier, so removing crippled would be fine
    We have powerblock. Which I think is already pretty rewarding to land on anything that isn’t an autoattack/a thief.
    Chilled here is pretty redundant. Half of its efficacy is gone (immobilized). And the cooldown increase is meh.
    I’d rather just get a good damage condi onto them, or a poison.
    But, I understand your criticism, and it’s fair. For a first iteration, it might be a good idea to leave the chill on there and only swap the cripple.
    But I feel like we’ll just be praying to RNGesus that the damage condi is the one it rolls to instead of blind/chilled…
  • -Re: Imagined Burden , I don’t think it’s as horrific as people make it out to be. When you are in PvE you get to autoattack a lot to generate might stacks
    Hmm. I forgot about illusionary persona. Yeah, if we did this I’d add the stipulation Phantasm then instead of clone.
    First of all, GS in PvE is a bit… bleh… I pretty much melee everything.
    Second of all, it’s hard to NOT have 25 stacks of might on you every fight, even in pug PvE. Lots and lots of sources of might already. shrug
  • ——- ranged weapons’ auto attacks overall need a tone down , the GS is in a mediocre state right now because all the autos on ranged weapons are overkill
    I don’t know that I agree. I don’t feel like I’ve really been pressured purely by ranged auto attacks by anyone ever.
    Usually it’s a ranger knocking me down and pressing 2. Or a DH lining up a nasty true shot combo on me.
    Or me walking straight into a Coalescence of Ruin…
    shrug
  • —— I don’t really see why
    Increased burst damage for getting close to a target with a weapon that generally deals less damage the closer you are. It’s adding back that extra bounce we used to have.
  • ——- it’s on such a low cooldown though
    Agreed. But in comparison to boon corrupt necros? meh. This one is pretty power creep. Just like boon corrupt necros.
  • —— every other weapon has a cleave of 3 targets , I’d rather have the projectile to hit a bit quicker
    This isn’t even a cleave of 2 targets? It’s a bounce. Idk, it was a thought experiment more than anything.
    I’d love to see 2 mesmers using staff and there being a barrage of this very weak auto attack fluttering around everywhere. I feel like that’s exactly the type of chaos a mesmer should cause.
    It’s elegant and over the top. And pink!

Ways tof fix mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

The thing about Precog was unfinished but I feel as though removing conditions is redundant with a number of other utilities (Null field /Mantra of Resolve/ the phantasmal disenchanter). Plus having Inspiration’s Mender’s Purity minor trait makes it not as necessary if Mirror is buffed ; Well of Eternity already has a condition removal.

Imagined Burden already has a 20% cooldown reduction on GS skills. It doesn’t need that much help , I still believe.

Evasive Mirror needs to not break stealth.

I’d also like to see some cooldown reduction on Chaos Armor since it’s been nerfed.

For WvW it’s been pirate ship. CoR, along with all the ranged CC spam. Gravity well, Hunter’s Ward , and Dragon’s Maw rip so much stability it’s crazy.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

(edited by Infusion.7149)

Ways tof fix mesmer

in Mesmer

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

The thing about Precog was unfinished but I feel as though removing conditions is redundant with a number of other utilities (Null field /Mantra of Resolve/ the phantasmal disenchanter). Plus having Inspiration’s Mender’s Purity minor trait makes it not as necessary if Mirror is buffed ; Well of Eternity already has a condition removal.

Imagined Burden already has a 20% cooldown reduction on GS skills. It doesn’t need that much help , I still believe.

For WvW it’s been pirate ship. CoR, along with all the ranged CC spam. Gravity well, Hunter’s Ward , and Dragon’s Maw rip so much stability it’s crazy.

Hmm. Fair points.
I have noticed that it’s pretty difficult to get a good melee train going.
Although, I’ve more so been thinking that’s because of driver sniping & venom wells (I REALLY hate Maguuma).
As well as the fact that the server we’ve been up against for 3 weeks now, runs a blob much larger than our own… On top of the fact that it’s actually running 2 blobs and kitten jamming… On top of the driver sniping… on top of venom wells…
On top of owning a fortified SM, with 75% reduced damage on SM siege, and condi players on cannons & mortars…
I think I have triple cancer now…

Not sure what to change precog into then. Since the blur & invuln was too OP apparently.
I could go for invuln in WvW/PvP, and blur in PvE. But I don’t think the devs, nor non-mesmer players, would go for it.
Perhaps it could be a reveal? It probably still wouldn’t be used much, but it’d be better than aegis…

Ways tof fix mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rudy.6184

Rudy.6184

Uhhh, when i read some proposals it makes me shiver. If you want to buff mesmer, fine, but you have to realise one thing – mesmer have plenty of dmg, don’t buff it. Oneshoting ppl from stealth like in june is not fun to play and ruins counterplay. Teef op, much stealth, buff pu. You know teef can do aroud 9k burst at MAX, and mes can do around twice that, so no.

Mesmer as the dps needs buff in two areas. First one is simple – condicleanse, just give him better access to it (simmilar for rev, you can nerf dmg on him but give realiable condicleanse). Rest of utilities are powerful (even very) and useful, but there is second buff i would do to them – cd’s.
Other dpses have nice active defence/utility skills on quite short cd comparing to mes.. Reduce cd on some shatter (f3,f4), time warp decoy etc, or give back alacrity, even nerf those utilities but shorten cd (i won’t give details). Best time when i played mes was after nerf on pu, i took illusions and it was a blast – i had condiclear (poor but still) and shorter cd on most useful skills – I didn’t need any protection, super dmg, long stealth bullkitten, just cd and condicleanse.

Here you have competetive mes kit.

Ways tof fix mesmer

in Mesmer

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

Uhhh, when i read some proposals it makes me shiver. If you want to buff mesmer, fine, but you have to realise one thing – mesmer have plenty of dmg, don’t buff it. Oneshoting ppl from stealth like in june is not fun to play and ruins counterplay. Teef op, much stealth, buff pu. You know teef can do aroud 9k burst at MAX, and mes can do around twice that, so no.

Mesmer as the dps needs buff in two areas. First one is simple – condicleanse, just give him better access to it (simmilar for rev, you can nerf dmg on him but give realiable condicleanse). Rest of utilities are powerful (even very) and useful, but there is second buff i would do to them – cd’s.
Other dpses have nice active defence/utility skills on quite short cd comparing to mes.. Reduce cd on some shatter (f3,f4), time warp decoy etc, or give back alacrity, even nerf those utilities but shorten cd (i won’t give details). Best time when i played mes was after nerf on pu, i took illusions and it was a blast – i had condiclear (poor but still) and shorter cd on most useful skills – I didn’t need any protection, super dmg, long stealth bullkitten, just cd and condicleanse.

Here you have competetive mes kit.

Except mesmer PvE is still a utility bot without sustained damage.

Our damage is good?

Yeah, in a single burst every 11 seconds IF we don’t burn our defenses.

One shotting people from stealth? Twice the burst damage of thief?

I agree, if you waste all of your defenses, and pay 0 attention to your surroundings, and a mesmer shows up, it’ll 100-0 you IF you’re in full zerker.

That’s kind of the point?

Full zerker gear is a glass cannon YOU’RE SUPPOSED TO DIE EASILY.

Run full PVT. Call me the next time mesmer does anywhere close to 18k damage with those stats.

Hell, run paladin and call me.

Ways tof fix mesmer

in Mesmer

Rudy.6184

Eh, please read. I talk about dps builds and comparing them, you shold have zerker as the dps uknow (or marauder). If you run paladin ammy you doing something wrong, maybe don’t play mes, it is not a tank anymore (and shouldn’t be). Yes I talk about pvp, not pve and I don’t care about pve changes.

Again reaaaaaaaaad – i talk about buffing cd, so defences would be more often and relaible. You’ve just red first paragraph, haven’t you?

Ways tof fix mesmer

in Mesmer

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

Eh, please read. I talk about dps builds and comparing them, you shold have zerker as the dps uknow (or marauder). If you run paladin ammy you doing something wrong, maybe don’t play mes, it is not a tank anymore (and shouldn’t be). Yes I talk about pvp, not pve and I don’t care about pve changes.

Again reaaaaaaaaad – i talk about buffing cd, so defences would be more often and relaible. You’ve just red first paragraph, haven’t you?

I read it.
I disagree with a couple of your changes.

First of all, how is buffing condi cleanse a buff to damage? That’s absurd. You still wouldn’t take it over daze mantra, decoy, blink, ether feast, portal, well of calamity.
Buffing condi cleanse is a buff to a sustain build.

Second of all, the shatter cooldowns are fine.

For the rest of the CD stuff, I’m meh on it. I feel like I’ve mentioned the CD stuff pretty heavily already, so you’re preaching to the choir for the most part.

LASTLY, I WAS STATING THE OPPONENT HAS TO TAKE ZERKER IN ORDER FOR YOU TO HIT 18K ON HIM

A second lastly. Thinking only of PvP is foolish. Why? Because WvW is still PvP. And your comments don’t address that either.

Ways tof fix mesmer

in Mesmer

Rudy.6184

Nope you can’t read still. Better access to condicleanse is through traits, buffing useful skills to have condicleanse on them etc…
Secondly, sustain build? Rly? You have to be sustain to have condicleanse? Dps thief, ranger or rev is sustain build? They have condicleanses.
Thirdly you can do 18k hits vs marauder, zerker viper, mender, sinister, sage and so on. So no they don’t have to take zerker. Also every tank ammy was removed from game if you didn’t know.

Lastly you are just trolling ppl making blind statements and wanting to overpower mes to oblivion, cause you cant play it well with caps. Read Helseth thoughts about mes, I think he can point things better then you. Also I’m telling it from pvp perspective cause it is only competetive mode and balance is made around that.

Ways tof fix mesmer

in Mesmer

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

Nope you can’t read still. Better access to condicleanse is through traits, buffing useful skills to have condicleanse on them etc…
Secondly, sustain build? Rly? You have to be sustain to have condicleanse? Dps thief, ranger or rev is sustain build? They have condicleanses.
Thirdly you can do 18k hits vs marauder, zerker viper, mender, sinister, sage and so on. So no they don’t have to take zerker. Also every tank ammy was removed from game if you didn’t know.

Lastly you are just trolling ppl making blind statements and wanting to overpower mes to oblivion, cause you cant play it well with caps. Read Helseth thoughts about mes, I think he can point things better then you. Also I’m telling it from pvp perspective cause it is only competetive mode and balance is made around that.

So essentially, we’ve broken down to ad-hominem attacks over a kittening game discussion.
Great.
This will be my last response to you, as I don’t have the patience to deal with that bullkitten over a game.

Dps thief
Is a sustained damage build, that focuses on resetting fights in order to maintain control, and burn the opponent’s resources (A.K.A. Cooldowns). It also makes good use of position and kiting.
It also hits 4200 on its normal auto attack. Meaning it has every reason to stick to someone, that doesn’t have the cooldowns to kill it after it’s done its initial 9k damage backstab.
Are you seeing the problem here yet? Are you seeing why your point about thief is a little silly?
No? Ofc not.

Druid
Is a sustaining point decapping bruiser, built around, you guessed it, decapping points.
Oh, did I forget to mention druid also has problems with condis?

I mention druid, because ranger itself still sees no play outside of SoloQ.

Rev
Does not have good condi cleanse. I actually have no clue where you’re getting that from. It’s also, however, a bit of a multi-tasking bruiser. With good burst damage & sustained damage, as well as reset potential with glint heal. And group support + condi through mallyx.

I’d ask if you’ve actually played these classes, but I don’t care about your answer.

“Thirdly you can do 18k hits vs marauder, zerker viper, mender, sinister, sage and so on. So no they don’t have to take zerker. Also every tank ammy was removed from game if you didn’t know.”

So…
All of the glass cannon amulets can be hit 18k by a mesmer.
Cool, how does that contradict what I said? Because I didn’t take the time to specify every amulet that doesn’t have toughness?

Oh, and meanwhile, paladin stat amulets are looking pretty popular.

“Lastly you are just trolling ppl making blind statements and wanting to overpower mes to oblivion, cause you cant play it well with caps. Read Helseth thoughts about mes, I think he can point things better then you. Also I’m telling it from pvp perspective cause it is only competetive mode and balance is made around that.”

I’ve read Helseth’s points. Did you read my suggestions for moa?
Have you read any of my forum posts on the topic of portal, and how rarely this skill ends up being useful?
We have 2 classes, other than mesmer, that can teleport around the map extremely quickly to give a +1/chase down someone.
Shiro Rev, and Thief.

You’ll note that, while mesmer has a good time +1’ing someone. It has a problem chasing/sustaining a fight.
Unlike thief. Who literally resets the fight over and over again until mesmer has no cooldowns to even do anything.

Or just outright kills us.

“PvP is the only competitive mode”
Yeah, that’s why there are no WvW tournaments.
And why organized GvGs aren’t a thing.

The sad part is, that the latter is mostly true now, because ANet never really knows when to get their head out of their kitten and balance their game around all game modes.

Ofc you, being a selfish PvP only player, do not care if the rest of the game, and therefore a massive part of the people that actually give ANet money, quit the game as a result of PvP only changes.

Good bye, you’re not worth my time.

Ways tof fix mesmer

in Mesmer

Rudy.6184

Dps thief
Is a sustained damage build, that focuses on resetting fights in order to maintain control, and burn the opponent’s resources (A.K.A. Cooldowns). It also makes good use of position and kiting.
It also hits 4200 on its normal auto attack. Meaning it has every reason to stick to someone, that doesn’t have the cooldowns to kill it after it’s done its initial 9k damage backstab.
Are you seeing the problem here yet? Are you seeing why your point about thief is a little silly?
No? Ofc not.

Have you read any of my forum posts on the topic of portal, and how rarely this skill ends up being useful?
We have 2 classes, other than mesmer, that can teleport around the map extremely quickly to give a +1/chase down someone.
Shiro Rev, and Thief.

You’ll note that, while mesmer has a good time +1’ing someone. It has a problem chasing/sustaining a fight.
Unlike thief. Who literally resets the fight over and over again until mesmer has no cooldowns to even do anything.

Hmm so everything you say comes to my point that mes needs to have cd’s revamped, not entire kit. Hmmm I think it was main point of my view that you seem to negate idk why. If you mention about doing 18k hits to paladin – noone cares? Numbers are numbers. Thief would make 5k backstab on paladin, so what is the point? Have you ever played as the thief? You know how thief works? It is not sustained dps – it is used for +1, so it is not sustained. Resseting fights? Rly? In pvp? Without shadowstep thief is defenceless, all you need is lockdown and kill.
You are just some guy who can’t deal with thief, so first thing you do is go on forum and type this kind of bullkitten. I mained thief, played as mesmer and main rev, so I know few things about those classes. Both in pvp and wvw. I’m telling everything from pvp perspective, cause in wvw dmg is too high to even consider balance and still you want mesmer who can oneshot everything in game from stealth like right after june patch. Rev has too high dmg (and should be nerfed imho), but has no stealth, can’t oneshot. If you don’t know how mesmer works you can see helseth streams, where he oneshots almost everything from stealth in current state. All mesmer needs is revamp on cd’s

Ways tof fix mesmer

in Mesmer

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

Dps thief
No? Ofc not.

Shiro Rev, and Thief.

Hmm so everything you say comes to my point that mes needs to have cd’s revamped, not entire kit. Hmmm I think it was main point of my view that you seem to negate idk why. If you mention about doing 18k hits to paladin – noone cares? Numbers are numbers. Thief would make 5k backstab on paladin, so what is the point? Have you ever played as the thief? You know how thief works? It is not sustained dps – it is used for +1, so it is not sustained. Resseting fights? Rly? In pvp? Without shadowstep thief is defenceless, all you need is lockdown and kill.
You are just some guy who can’t deal with thief, so first thing you do is go on forum and type this kind of bullkitten. I mained thief, played as mesmer and main rev, so I know few things about those classes. Both in pvp and wvw. I’m telling everything from pvp perspective, cause in wvw dmg is too high to even consider balance and still you want mesmer who can oneshot everything in game from stealth like right after june patch. Rev has too high dmg (and should be nerfed imho), but has no stealth, can’t oneshot. If you don’t know how mesmer works you can see helseth streams, where he oneshots almost everything from stealth in current state. All mesmer needs is revamp on cd’s

You mean that stream where I can watch him full shatter into a necro 4 times and the necro not be dead?
The only things I usually see him 1 shot are other mesmers, and really bad warriors.

Not that he really even streams GW2 anymore. Since there’s no rank q, and soloq is full of braindead plebs.

" You know how thief works? It is not sustained dps – it is used for +1, so it is not sustained. "

robot voice ERROR, LOGIC DOES NOT COMPUTE.

Ofc thief is used for a +1. What is your point?
A +1 can not be a sustaining DPS?
A thief cannot sustain a fight through stealth resets?
I don’t get your logic, and I don’t think you do either.

" Resseting fights? Rly? In pvp? Without shadowstep thief is defenceless, all you need is lockdown and kill."

And yeah, resetting fights.
You’ve never done it? Perhaps you should try it.

It’s really kittening effective. Especially against those tankier damage classes.

And if there’s nothing better to attack. Which, lets face it, generally in pug matches there isn’t. Then there’s no reason not to reset and start from a better position.

“You are just some guy who can’t deal with thief, so first thing you do is go on forum and type this kind of bullkitten.”

Thief counters mesmer.
Even Helseth says that.
The kitten are you on about?

“I mained thief, played as mesmer and main rev, so I know few things about those classes.”
You told me Rev has condi cleanse.
I really don’t think you know kitten about rev.
At the very least, your knowledge on that class is extremely questionable.

“Hmm so everything you say comes to my point that mes needs to have cd’s revamped, not entire kit. Hmmm I think it was main point of my view that you seem to negate idk why. "
No, the entire kit needs to be revamped. Or rather, redone.

It’s reasonable to state we have a lot of burst damage, and that for sustained damage we’d have to trade that off.
I’m fine with that.

The thing I’m not fine with, is a kitten who starts insulting people over a game just because they disagree with them on balance.

kitten.

Ways tof fix mesmer

in Mesmer

Rudy.6184

Okay. If you do sustain dps in fight as the thief or whatsoever, you doing it wrong. If you reset fight, you do it really, really wrong. It means thief can’t deal with a fight and wastes time on that point, can decap, whatever. +1 is meant to be quick, few seconds, enemy down, can’t deal with situation, don’t waste time.

You can also see helseth pre expansion, oneshotting leeto like 12 times waiting on spawn. I know you want that mesmer, you are typical “without pu I can’t do a thing” type of mes.

I don’t know what game are you playing. I think I’m just wasting my time on you. L2P.

You insult ppl and yet you say ppl are insulting you. @thereallogic

Ways tof fix mesmer

in Mesmer

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

Okay. If you do sustain dps in fight as the thief or whatsoever, you doing it wrong. If you reset fight, you do it really, really wrong. It means thief can’t deal with a fight and wastes time on that point, can decap, whatever. +1 is meant to be quick, few seconds, enemy down, can’t deal with situation, don’t waste time.

You can also see helseth pre expansion, oneshotting leeto like 12 times waiting on spawn. I know you want that mesmer, you are typical “without pu I can’t do a thing” type of mes.

I don’t know what game are you playing. I think I’m just wasting my time on you. L2P.

You insult ppl and yet you say ppl are insulting you. @thereallogic

You started the insults, kitten.
I’m simply firing back, which you’ll have to deal with if you expect me to continue responding to your drivel.

“Okay. If you do sustain dps in fight as the thief or whatsoever, you doing it wrong. If you reset fight, you do it really, really wrong. It means thief can’t deal with a fight and wastes time on that point, can decap, whatever. +1 is meant to be quick, few seconds, enemy down, can’t deal with situation, don’t waste time.”

And when you’ve already decapped. And there’s nothing else to +1.
Whaddya do?
Do ya just kitten? Is that it? Do you go in a corner and kitten? Or do you reset a bad engagement you might have had, and go back in and end in 3 seconds after that necro blew all his cooldowns trying to survive the first bout.

lol.

It’s as if you’ve never played thief, and don’t realize the power of burning someone’s cooldowns and taking the advantage you’ve gained from that.
“Oh, I couldn’t burst them in 1 try, time to do something else”.

As if that’s obvious 100% of the time.
As if that’s clearly what you’re going to do every single time.

You’ll never disengage and reengage that same fight.
NEVER
NOT EVEN ONCE

It’s like meth. Not even once.

And god, you’re sucking Helseth’s kitten soooo hard.
Yeah, he killed leet0. And?

Did you… bother to watch any other games he’s played against good necros, that aren’t drunk off of their asses?
No?
Didn’t think so.
You realize we’re literally talking about the drunkard that reports people mid combat for the lulz, right?

Also, I don’t even really care about PU.
The PU nerf was silly, and primarily in response to WvW hate (imo).
But I’m totally fine with Chrono and shield.
That is, I would be.
If chrono were at all viable now.

It isn’t.

And your god helseth is saying the same thing.

So go. Go hop on that kitten.