Wearing wings with mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: sziszicke.5279

sziszicke.5279

Hi!

Ive just bought a pair of wings with my lvl 13 mesmer and i cannot wear them. Theyre supposed to go on her back which says lvl 10 required but im 13 and i still cant equip them. Ive tried to switch weapons or taking my outfit off but nothing helps. Although i CAN indeed try them on but not equip them :/. Does anyone have the same issue? Maybe im just missing something very obvious here xD!

Ty in advance for any kind of help!

Dory

in Mesmer

Posted by: Agent Noun.7350

Agent Noun.7350

The wings aren’t an actual item you can wear—they’re a skin that you turn another backpack into. They should’ve come with a backpack that you can wear just for the sake of transmuting the wings onto. Check your inventory and see if there’s something you can wear on your back, then use the Wardrobe tab to transmute the backpack into the wings.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

You can always go to the Mist (sPvP outpost), find the Armor vendor and buy a “Backpack Straps”, then you can transmute your wings on it.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Mesmer

Posted by: sziszicke.5279

sziszicke.5279

thank you so muuuuuch!!!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

MaximillianVonSchatten.6278

Usually they give a base level backpack strap u can equip when you buy the wings too.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Enjoy them while you can, since back items are hidden by stowed shields, which we’ll all be using soon… 9_9

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Hi!

Ive just bought a pair of wings with my lvl 13 mesmer and i cannot wear them. Theyre supposed to go on her back which says lvl 10 required but im 13 and i still cant equip them. Ive tried to switch weapons or taking my outfit off but nothing helps. Although i CAN indeed try them on but not equip them :/. Does anyone have the same issue? Maybe im just missing something very obvious here xD!

Ty in advance for any kind of help!

Dory

You can buy backpack straps in the merchant in PVP. Then Equip it. Then Go to Wardrobe (Press H) then click the Backpack and Choose wings as your skin.

Be Careful: Your mesmer needs to be atleast Level 20 before the merchant sells it, Checking the Merchant if you’re under Level 20 will not show Backpack Straps on the choices.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Cheetah Charr Set gives you a Strap and is 50s on the TP. [src]=

Keep in mind you need to buy a SET and not a COVER. The set comes with a cover and straps (and you can either resell the cover or unlock the skin and/or use it).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

Be Careful: Your mesmer needs to be atleast Level 20 before the merchant sells it, Checking the Merchant if you’re under Level 20 will not show Backpack Straps on the choices.

Wrong. Just checked on my f2p acc with my lv10 mesmer, the 8 copper Backpack Straps is on the list (the last one). And I remember buying it with my lv3 mesmer from him, so it’s not true.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140