What PvE runes do you use?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

I always just stuck with Traveler due to WvW and the necessity for the run speed. Now that I’m looking at switching out due to the Time Marches On trait.. I’m finding that I think I want to stick with Traveler anyway?

My reasoning for that is that it is the only offensive rune set with boon duration (even if the 6 set is a waste, maybe switch 1 rune out for something else or w/e). It actually bummed me out a little that I couldn’t mix it up haha, so I’m wondering what everyone else is using!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Urosh Uchiha.9732

Urosh Uchiha.9732

Superior Rune of the Air

Yes, I’m ready for people to tell me how much of a noob mesmer I am, happens all the time when I tell which runes I use.

This is a set of runes that I’ve used for the longest of time, even before mesmers could do perma swiftness (signet change). And I’m so used to it that I don’t feel like changing.

I had a huge issue at the start of the game when it came to mesmer speed that I just had to get these, and now I’m so used to them that I simply can’t switch.

I tried, trust me. It ended in me wasting my heal skill to get the swiftness from it which was no longer available.
And that lightning strike saved my life so many times (when in downed). I’ll probably get something new for the raids if they prove to be too difficult. But for general PvE and even Fractals (yes I run those in high scales too) I’ll stick to Air

in Mesmer

Posted by: Delta.1526

Delta.1526

I use Strength Runes personally, as I used to run with Greatsword a lot and being able to stack might quickly and pass it off a few times a fight with Illusionary Inspiration and Signet of Inspiration seemed like a nice way to support my team. In HoT content though, I’ve found it much better to run with Focus and Shield, so the effectiveness of this is slightly reduced, but it still gives a very reliable 5% extra damage, and with Strength sigils you still maintain a healthy amount of Might.

Before this, I used Runes of the Centaur, as this was back when Mesmers didn’t have Time Marches On or the SoI buff.

If you want something reliable, Rune of the Ranger adds some nice crit damage and 7% extra damage if you have at least one clone out. Rune of the Scholar seems to be the optimal pick in perfect conditions.

in Mesmer

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

, Rune of the Ranger adds some nice crit damage and 7% extra damage if you have at least one clone out.

Unless this was fixed recently, illusions don’t proc the 7% dmg bonus.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Yobculture.5786

Yobculture.5786

Scholar or Chronomancer.

Those are basically your 2 most efficient options for group play. Chronomancer runes make you a lot more inflexible however since you need Illusionary Inspiration for it to work properly.

Far Shiverpeaks

in Mesmer

Posted by: Taltevus.3289

Taltevus.3289

Superior Runes of Tormenting:. Condition Shatter build.

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Scholar in PvE, scholar in WvW. Ain’t nothing comes close to the damage it gives.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Scholar or Chronomancer.

Those are basically your 2 most efficient options for group play. Chronomancer runes make you a lot more inflexible however since you need Illusionary Inspiration for it to work properly.

Wot?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Yobculture.5786

Yobculture.5786

Scholar or Chronomancer.

Wot?

Kappa.jpg

Far Shiverpeaks

in Mesmer

Esplen.3940

Scholar or Chronomancer.

Wot?

Kappa.jpg

I feel like I’m missing something here.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ErickDntn.1847

ErickDntn.1847

Scholar or Chronomancer.

Wot?

Kappa.jpg

Probably he means to say that you can spread out the quickness after cast some wells by summoning phantasm thus proc Signet of Inspiration with the trait (Illusionary Inspiration). But you don’t really need the trait to make it work properly?

I use Rune of Chronomancer too and sometimes doing that, especially for battle of Tarir XD but generally the rune works amazing too for personal use.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exploding Acorn.3754

Exploding Acorn.3754

I’m using Chronomancer runes now since I usually use Mantra of Recovery and one other mantra + two wells in most loadouts. The 2 seconds of quickness really help if I need to recharge a mantra mid fight.

Now just waiting for ANet to allow wells to be used underwater so I can make use of the 6th ability there as well.

in Mesmer

Esplen.3940

Scholar or Chronomancer.

Wot?

Kappa.jpg

Probably he means to say that you can spread out the quickness after cast some wells by summoning phantasm thus proc Signet of Inspiration with the trait (Illusionary Inspiration). But you don’t really need the trait to make it work properly?

I use Rune of Chronomancer too and sometimes doing that, especially for battle of Tarir XD but generally the rune works amazing too for personal use.

But then you’d need to work your rotation around that and it doesn’t seem that useful, especially since you can just TW every CS. I mean I guess you can share 20+ seconds of Quickness, but is it really necessary?

in Mesmer

Posted by: ErickDntn.1847

ErickDntn.1847

But then you’d need to work your rotation around that and it doesn’t seem that useful, especially since you can just TW every CS. I mean I guess you can share 20+ seconds of Quickness, but is it really necessary?

That is right you need to work your own rotation, but I don’t really understand what you mean that making it seems less useful.

If you mean that we have damage loss while casting the wells, yes but that is the opportunity cost. However, as you might know, buffing allies with quickness will increase their total damage dealt for a period of time.

(These next few paragraphs is only based on the battle of Tarir event)

TW while CS is going on is in my rotation. Haven’t done the math after casting wells and TW but most of the quickness are spread out to random allies if you’re not in a party (due to the nature of TW that pulses 1 sec of quickness), so it’s kinda unlikely that one person has that long enough quickness from other single source.

However if you’re talking about double TW (casting TW again after CS duration finished) to get that 20+ secs of quickness, I only did that for the so called final burn phase or when the octovine is low (usually I’m helping south gate so final burn is often determined after south is done). In my opinion, it will be less sustainable if I’m doing double kitten early stage of burn since it is more likely to be avaliable for the next few burn phases.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Currently using rune of the Chronomancer. Once my budget permits I’m switching back to scholar, though.

I thought the wells would give quickness to everybody. I was wrong. But still, it is a good solo set.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Mesmer

Posted by: glenndevis.8327

glenndevis.8327

Scholar.

I think Chrono runes aren’t bad either but not as good as Scholar in my opinion since Chrono already has tons of quickness.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jacob.4280

Jacob.4280

I’m mostly using 4x Travelero + 2x Water.
Going to swap for 6x Leadership once I get enough Crystaline Ore
Running party content mostly tho.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Headcase.4618

Headcase.4618

I use perplexity runes on mine. Really amps up the confusion.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Maximillian.9018

Maximillian.9018

I’m running scholar, in this zerker meta it is the go-to for mesmers to maximize your dps.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

I’m using pack runes because I’m cheap af.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

You want boon duration?

Leadership. It’ll turn your elite into a 2x aoe condi cleanse AND gives you stats all around on top of the 30% boon duration.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Superior_Rune_of_Leadership&redirect=no

Travelers is for lamers. Always was, always will be.

Oh, also I have Aristocracy on my assassins armor from when I was running hybrid for a little while. Haven’t been kitten changing them since WvW is DEAD.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Aristocracy

(edited by Ross Biddle.2367)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mikkel.8427

Mikkel.8427

I’ve been using x4 Nightmare + x2 trapper (+25% condi duration) for my condi/hybrid build.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Khyber.1284

Khyber.1284

Nightmare for when I wanna go condi and Scholar for power.