What Runes/Sigil for this Build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: pupi.2465

pupi.2465

Hello Fellow illusionists, im running this PowerPU Build, using the combination of Scepter/Pistol , Sw/Torch, and just love it, it fits myplaystye perfectly (pvp wise)

But im in doubt about the Runes/Sigil i should use, also, i dont know if i go zerker or celestial, would any of you veterans lend me a help?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQRAra8flknpRtlpxINcrNiqRY6z6WSGsUysPA

in Mesmer

Posted by: Calliope.8675

Calliope.8675

As you can see in the mesmer section of the forums, there has been a lot of talk about PU as it will be getting “balanced” tomorrow. Whether or not you feel as though this will effect you… shrug

Traditional PU uses Nightmare runes, or at least how I was told. You can use anything you want since you’re power PU. You can go for something lending to power stats or condi. Same goes for your sigils. I know a few power PUs that use bloodlust sigil on the sword rather than corruption (on scepter). I use smoldering on my torch and I like to use doom on my staff. You might want to use energy, to help compensate for your dodges, and maybe battle.

I run traditional PU on one of my mesmers in pvp (so rabid amulet). Out in wvw, if I just want to be very annoying, I put on Dire armor and run around laughing because I can’t die (easily). You could always try both and see which one you like better.

in Mesmer

pupi.2465

Hummm Calliope, im not really fan of condis, thats because i run Power Pu… i was thinking about Traveler Runes… do you think they worth it?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Hummm Calliope, im not really fan of condis, thats because i run Power Pu… i was thinking about Traveler Runes… do you think they worth it?

You take travellers runes for the speed bonus, otherwise they’re lackluster.

Personally I prefer Pack runes but then I run Focus. The best solution I’ve seen for swiftness is a sigil of speed on a power weapon/build. It can be a backup weapon instead of taking a spot on your main if you care, but you can herd and burst some cheap mobs or a camp of NPC’s. Next thing you have 2 minutes of swiftness to charge around with.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos.2108

Chaos.2108

Traveler Runes are not only for the speed boost, the boon duration can also be helpful, with 6 chaos + 6 Runes of the Traveler you get +45% boon duration, in my opinion it’s worth it. For Sigils I use Strength and Battle for might stacks.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Calliope.8675

Calliope.8675

I absolutely despise Traveler runes, so my bias here won’t help you lol. =) If I want swiftness I’ll run with focus or suck up my lack of speed and move around like normal. I carry every combination of weapon on both of mesmers, but I’ve always preferred weapons that were… not the focus. I initially leveled my first mesmer with sword/pistol and got persuaded to use focus.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Coxy.5269

Coxy.5269

If you aren’t a fan of conditions, i’m not sure why you’re using the scepter and the torch, which are both condition weapons. This along with all the bleeds from sharper images, I’d call this a hybrid build rather than PU. If you do want to be power PU i’d go with a berserker amulet (Theres a lot of threads explaining why celestial is bad for mesmers). Then two energy sigils, one doom and one air, and runes of the pack/hoelbrak. Maybe try out GS/Sw+torch?

P.S traveler runes are pretty bad aside from the speed boost

P.P.S Maybe something like this? http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQNAR8flknpRtlpxINcrNiqxY6aSpFSGwClMjtB-TZBFwAJOIALeCAt2foaZAAXAAA

Nyiiooxxxxxxxeeeyyyyy

in Mesmer

pupi.2465

If you aren’t a fan of conditions, i’m not sure why you’re using the scepter and the torch, which are both condition weapons. This along with all the bleeds from sharper images, I’d call this a hybrid build rather than PU. If you do want to be power PU i’d go with a berserker amulet (Theres a lot of threads explaining why celestial is bad for mesmers). Then two energy sigils, one doom and one air, and runes of the pack/hoelbrak. Maybe try out GS/Sw+torch?

P.P.S Maybe something like this? http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQNAR8flknpRtlpxINcrNiqxY6aSpFSGwClMjtB-TZBFwAJOIALeCAt2foaZAAXAAA

Scepter and Torch are both condition weapons, but they offer a tactic move that i can’t accomplish with the GS, who offers me just “one” defense, the Illusionary Wave, this PU build, is more like a “win by making your enemy tired”… so, the scepter offers a block (while damaging/forcing your enemy to cleanse it), and Torch offers you an Escape(heal/cleanse/re-positioning for attack).

Even for a Power-Based Build, this weapon combination has shown to me a more successful gamestyle for my taste, tho, i gotta see with the changes in the next update
comming in some hours.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Scepter and Torch are both condition weapons, but they offer a tactic move that i can’t accomplish with the GS, who offers me just “one” defense, the Illusionary Wave, this PU build, is more like a “win by making your enemy tired”… so, the scepter offers a block (while damaging/forcing your enemy to cleanse it), and Torch offers you an Escape(heal/cleanse/re-positioning for attack).

Even for a Power-Based Build, this weapon combination has shown to me a more successful gamestyle for my taste, tho, i gotta see with the changes in the next update
comming in some hours.

Pupi is right. Sorry Coxy, you’re just wrong. Scepter/torch can still be utilized well in full power builds.

Here’s a vid that’ll demonstrate what Pupi is talking about. The vid doesnt happen to be full zerk, instead rabid armor, zerk trinkets, zerk sword/focus with rabid scepter/torch. But you can still do the same thing with full zerk to great effect.

(edited by Ross Biddle.2367)

in Mesmer

Posted by: cDKI.8352

cDKI.8352

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQNAsaRlknpYtNqxMNcrRiqhY6TpadqmkKQJz8B-TpBFwACOEAOeAAy3fYxJAoaZAAHBAA

This is what I normally roam with with PU power.

Traveler’s runes work fine as there is synergy with both the boon and condi duration for the build.

I hate torch as an offhand for a power-orientated build- you have a “dead” skill which does nothing to supplement your damage. MoH with Mender’s Purity will allow you do deal with most condi specs aside from P/D thieves.

I utilize S/P as a primarily defensive weapon set, and GS as the primary weapon for applying pressure and spiking targets.

I’d wait before buying an expensive rune, the buff to scepter could make a very strong rampager spec.

Good Luck

in Mesmer

Posted by: Coxy.5269

Coxy.5269

In reply to Pupi and Ross:

Fair enough, I’ll take your word for it. But have you considered trying out a hybrid build with the same weapon set? Direct damage from sword mh, confusing images, and pistol; and then conditions from scepter, torch and sharper images. While I don’t dispute sc/p+sw/t could work well in a power build, I do think it would work better in a hybrid one.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Nyiiooxxxxxxxeeeyyyyy