What armor should I get for my Mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rahar.9872

Rahar.9872

Hey guys. Having just recently gotten my Mesmer to 80, it’s now time to gear him. But I’m at a crossroads on what to decide.

First, some details. I play a shatter Mesmer build S/P and Staff, with my own variation for condition removal. The trait lineup is 10/20/0/10/30, as it suits my playstyle best. I’d like to gear for decently hard-hitting shatters, but also be able to take a hit or two to cover for any mistakes I might make, or getting jumped by other players. In other words, a balanced setup. I primarily take part in WvW and dungeons such as AC, if that helps.

So here’s my question to you. What armor mix should I go with? And what armor do you run with in a similar build to mine? I was thinking an even mix of Knight’s and Berserker’s for high crit chance and damage, but I’d like a little more input before I settle on one decision. Feel free to ask me to clarify anything if you need more information.

Thanks for your time and input!

Edit: I’ve taken a look at the Shatter Cat guide like some people asked me to do. I’d like a little more defense than 4/6 berserker’s and all berserker jewelry, because I’ve ran about the same on a thief and disliked the one slip-up deaths. Unless Mesmer is different with all of it’s tricks (please tell me if so), I’d like to lean towards a more balanced setup.

(edited by Rahar.9872)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Malice.8439

Malice.8439

I went ahead with the Osicat guide, since my build was similar (it’s similar to yours too!) and went for 4/6 Zerker, 1/6 Valkyrie and 1/6 Knight. Chest pieces, Pants and headpiece (I think) have higher stats than the other three armor pieces, so they’re kinda “wasted” on Berserker gear, because Berserker gear is a static % increase in crit, whereas raw stats on Knight/Valkyrie gear scale upwards on these three slots.

Also, I find that the Mesmers defenses are all activated abilities. Blink, Decoy, Dodge rolls, chaos armour, veil and what have you. I suppose that the amount of knight/valkyrie gear you get is dependant on how many of your utility skill slots you spend on defensive skills, and how many you spend on offensive ones.

All warfare is based on deception.
- Sun Tzu, Art of War