What build with celestial gear

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mades.5706

Mades.5706

Hello , i want to play my mesmer with celestial gear ( PVE ) and i can’t choose between a shatter build that focus on Maim the desillusioned trait or play a fantasm build …

I can’t be the one that want to play celestial gear ?

Any tips ?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dracatis.1908

Dracatis.1908

Celestial is better for Engineer, Elementalist, Ranger or Warrior in my opinion.

That being said if you really want to run this you want a mainly Power style build otherwise your ‘wasting’ 3 stats worth of points(Power, Precision, Ferocity). If you want to take advantage of healing power I suggest using Restorative Mantras and 15 in Chaos so you get Illusionary Membrane.

After that you could go most any way, lock build(Domination, Since you could easily run Mantra of Distraction/Pain) is what I’d go with, but finishing Chaos for PU or hitting up Illusions for a Shatter build would work too.

“We are the makers of the music, we are the dreamers of the dream”
-Willy Wonka(Gene Wilder)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Hello , i want to play my mesmer with celestial gear ( PVE ) and i can’t choose between a shatter build that focus on Maim the desillusioned trait or play a fantasm build …

I can’t be the one that want to play celestial gear ?

Any tips ?

Celestial gear simply isn’t good on mesmer.

You can use it effectively on other classes because you can stack might well, and do a hybrid build with good defense and good hybrid damage. Mesmer doesn’t stack might well, and so instead of being pretty good at everything like other class celestial builds are, a mesmer celestial build just ends up being pretty meh at everything.

in Mesmer

Mades.5706

Ok ok , i need to go with others stats … thank guys

But if someone play with celestial gear right now , pease tell me your opinions

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

What Fay (pyro) said there is generally correct, but I know of a lot more mesmers using celestial after the feature patch since the gear stats got buffed. I would definitely not discourage the use of the gear for experimenting and what not, but to pyro’s point other classes can make MUCH better use of it.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Dracatis.1908

If you were working side-by-side with a Staff Guardian in PvE, that might be a good way to get your might stacks then if you run Signet of Inspirations you can double theirs back, plus more buffs if you are running Staff yourself. Don’t worry too much about ney sayers, especially if your sticking to PvE, have fun and think about how to best use that spread of stats. Make sure you use Sharpening Stones/Arcane Crystals/Maintence Oil to get the most out of the toughness/vitality(I suggest the stones if you have the weaponsmith)

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

I’ll follow up my post by saying my comments were more geared toward PvP – I shoulda read your post more clearly.

For PvE, yeah celestial is pretty bad – very much inferior to direct damage gear such as berserker or assassins. That said, if all you’re wanting to do is open world content, play whatever you want, it’s all about fun. If you want to get into dungeons however, make sure you don’t bring that gear into any groups advertising zerker or experience.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Don’t worry too much about ney sayers, especially if your sticking to PvE, have fun and think about how to best use that spread of stats.

It’s one thing to make a conscious decision to use a severely suboptimal set of gear or build, but it’s another entirely to stick you fingers in your ears and refuse to listen to criticism.

I provided that criticism because that’s simply the facts of the game. If the OP for some reason has their heart set on celestial mesmer, then they can obviously go and do what they want. I just provide them with the information that allows them to make an informed decision.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

I dont know about celestial, but I had been wondering how rampagers would work in a 2/4/2/0/6 shatter build.

I’ve been running that for last week or so in berserkers with GS+Sw/T and its great, but I do stack a somewhat silly amount of confusion and bleeds at times and have even had people ask if I’m a condition build because of the stacks they see on themselves.

I just wonder what the effect would be if I took Gs+Staff and rampagers instead of berserker.. could be good, but I dont really have the desire to spend the money to try right now :P But yeah.. celestial is not all that disimular from rampagers.. it would just be a more tanky version of the same hybrid style setup.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Mesmer

Posted by: magical giant.8650

magical giant.8650

I’m running celestial/berserk on my mesmer. Here’s my build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQNAscRlknpRt1qxUNcrRSpxYqcQXZkMgEK7LlD-TlSGABAcIAab/h8UC+oaFAqqSCnAgoU+Rm+ADeAAFfEAIFAMLjA-w

I call it “Illusionary bomber” it’s focused around clone death and shatter when you need a little extra “umpf”. The domination adept trait can be swapped to vuln on shatter or 20% dmg boost to mindwreck.

“Existing Isn’t A Crime!” Franky – One Piece

in Mesmer

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

If you compare full celestial/divinity and full assasins/rangers in a party that can max out most offensive buffs, celestial is a 26% dps loss and a 30% reflect dmg loss. The only thing you’re getting as a trade-off is 578 more toughness and 578 more vitality (5.78k HP).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Heh. This business is why I never went past Celestial Trinkets. Celestial can somewhat “work” on a Mesmer, but you’re honestly best not going full Celestial, if you’re set on trying it. You’ll lose entirely too much, and not make up said loss.

(OTOH, once I tossed those trinkets on my Engi … that’s some nastiness. She might just be keeping ’em for a bit.)

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

(edited by Advent.6193)

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

I remember Joe had some celestial gears for WvW before the ferocity change, he moved onto assassin gears since. Couple of stats in celestial just isn’t favorable for mesmer.

You get about 500-550 healing power (HP) if run full celestial, which adds about 50-75 more in regeneration (0.125 * HP) per tick. 500-650 more in ether feast (1.0 * HP). 25-75 more per 3s in signet of ether passive (0.045 – 0.125 * HP) and 400 more in active (0.85 * HP). 200-250 more per power return (0.4 * HP) and 300 more in mirror heal (0.6 * HP). Which is hardly different from 0 healing power.

If you like using celestial gear, I think I’d go for phantasm build. Torment and confusion actually conflicted with each other in PvE mobs. How so? PvE mobs generally stand still when attacking, your confusion will tick but torment hurt less. When they move they generally aren’t attacking (with leap skills as exception), which means your confusion will not tick at all despite torment hurts more. And sometimes using shatter sacrifice chance of stacking bleed so condition damage won’t work well.

(edited by NICENIKESHOE.7128)

in Mesmer

Dracatis.1908

I meant no offense Pyro, but the OP was which build is best running Celestial. While an answer of builds will be weaker with Celestial is good information(and true) it doesn’t really answer the OP. The question was ASSUME Celestial was a immutable constant and not going to change, which build would work best for it? Let the poster decide with the information if they are willing to not min/max by the limitations of good viable builds with their stat selection.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rukh.9287

Rukh.9287

You have to remember that for kitten measuring, people generally can’t handle more than one stat. Things like surviving more than one hit are too ethereal a concept for most players.

They prefer a stat you can compare directly like damage output, because you can objectively see what one is higher on paper, and ignore things like if you’re face down you aren’t doing damage. If you’re rolling or hiding to wait for your heal, you’re not doing damage. Damage uptime is of paramount importance.

If you’re grinding dungeons that might be fine, but if you’re doing world bosses like teq or worms, you’re going to want to survive. If you’re doing endgame which is fractals, its good to survive. People will just say you can cover it all by just dodging all the things, but they’re generally the ones face down trying frantically to shift blame.

Going with celestial gear is going to lower your statistical damage output on a training dummy, it’s objectively true. However, you also get survivability and you get healing to recover from an unfortunate situation. You know, that 1/1000 times that you don’t roll all 20s like everyone always for some reason assumes they’re going to, or you don’t get a team that plays GW2 professionally and you might need to account for. Then instead of winning half of your runs and ragequitting and complaining about bads on the rest, you win all of your runs. Mesmer’s a class with a lot of nifty tools that can really cover when a situation turns out to be less than optimal.

(edited by Rukh.9287)

in Mesmer

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

Going with celestial gear is going to lower your statistical damage output on a training dummy, it’s objectively true. However, you also get survivability and you get healing to recover from an unfortunate situation.

Seems like mixing gear to get the stat spread you want will do more for you than going whole-hog Celestial, which involves trading away a lot of whatever stat(s) you want most for stats you might not want at all.

It’s one thing to shave a bit of critical damage to get more Toughness/Vitality. It’s quite another to just throw Power in the toilet in order to pick up some moderate… Healing Power. :/

Are there mesmer builds that want all the stats equally and can tolerate having Power and Condition Damage equivalent to wearing sub-80 basics? I personally can’t think of any.

Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

is there actually a dummy wich u can crit as well? like in pvp lobby, u can crit them and deal real dmg including ferocity, the dummys in pve r all ncrittable

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Mesmer

frifox.5283

No. The closest you can get to in PvE is inside dungeons where you can use various pull/push skills to move a mob (usually the boss) out of his normal environment. This will cause the mob to glitch and make him keep resetting to 100% hp every 15 seconds or so. This effectively gives you a critable punching bag with “infinite” health.

in Mesmer

Wyrden.4713

but then we will be downscaled no? in most dungoeons

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

That doesn’t really matter for testing.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

That doesn’t really matter for testing.

IIRC it messes up your crit chance.

Though if you’re going to be running that dungeon a lot anyway…

Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com

in Mesmer

Wyrden.4713

what if u wanna see the actual number of dmg u r making ^ :p

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

what if u wanna see the actual number of dmg u r making ^ :p

Again, why’s it matter? If you’re trying to figure out whether or not celestial is bad, then the amount of damage doesn’t matter at all, it’s just the relative amount.

in Mesmer

frifox.5283

Stick to lvl 80 dungeons.

in Mesmer

Mades.5706

Hey guys thanks for your answers .

Today i know that in dungeon , zerk is king !

But , in high level of fractal , i need to know if ascended gear with zerk stat is good …

I play S/S and Staff or S/P with zerk , in fractal i get down every time i miss to dogde …

So i ask you , does celestial gear in high fractal isn’t good ?

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Hey guys thanks for your answers .

Today i know that in dungeon , zerk is king !

But , in high level of fractal , i need to know if ascended gear with zerk stat is good …

I play S/S and Staff or S/P with zerk , in fractal i get down every time i miss to dogde …

So i ask you , does celestial gear in high fractal isn’t good ?

Celestial gear in high fractals is even worse than in normal dungeons. In high level fractals, you’ll get downed in 1 hit even if you’re full PVT. The mobs do so much damage, it really exacerbates the issue of dodging/blocks being the only viable damage avoidance methods, because their incredibly high damage will just crush straight through any and all normal defensive stats.