What do mesmer's play as alts?

in Mesmer

Posted by: SoulstitchMMO.1396

SoulstitchMMO.1396

I’m so used to playing mesmer, I’m finding it really difficult to play anything else. What do you guys play as an alt for your mesmer main? Everything else feels so… static compared to my dynamically played Mesmer.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MrMacAndCheese.3907

MrMacAndCheese.3907

I tried many classes before I clicked with Mesmer. I’ve played Tanks and Healers in other games, and aside from the Mes, Guardian intrigues me the most. However, since I fell in love with Mes I’ve had a hard time playing anything else.

To the point, the main reason I’d like to lvl alts is ideally I’d have an alt doing two different crafts, and they could all benefit each other. What I’m seeing though is that this isn’t really efficient or economical since all crafts share some mats, and you are bound to buy some from TP sooner or later unless you want to be a gathering farming fiend.

I play a mesmer that mains a staff and alts scepter+focus. I determined to make it work, and I have, but honestly I like dual Swords as an alt, only cus its fun to me. I like the evasion dps style. But I don’t do it lvling because I can make all my weapons through Artificing, and I like that. I’m a Tailor too, and make all my own armor. I tried swapping between Weaponsmith and Artificer to make staffs and swords but it was too expensive, and having a Guardian alt that makes weapons is proving to be no more economical since they share items like leather or poison sacs.

I’ve decided to continue with my Mesmer to 80, hopefully before the big update, simply because I don’t want to be shut out from events in higher lvls like I almost was in Halloween ( I had to struggle and barely got the last page of memories ).

Once mes is up to 80 though, I hope to lvl Guardian, simply becuase there is a great relief, after melting things indirectly with a mes, in getting on a Norn Gaurd and just smashing things in the face with a ba hammer

(edited by MrMacAndCheese.3907)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xaxir.3562

Xaxir.3562

I play a Warrior as an alt, because my Mesmer is a caster and i wanted something that’s more “in-your-face” kind of character

in Mesmer

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I have trouble playing other classes too. I just find them boring after playing a Mesmer for so long.
I have a Thief that I am sort of playing as an alt, she is lvl 20 now but I can’t really get into it.
I also have a Guardian and an Elementalist but they are meh and I just keep them for their crafts.
Every time I play on my Thief I miss my Mesmer, so I end up stowing the Thief and playing the Mesmer some more.
I am seriously thinking of making a second Mesmer

Gunnar’s Hold

in Mesmer

Posted by: crewthief.8649

crewthief.8649

I’ve got a level 54 Guardian. He’s quite a bit of fun, but my Mesmer is and always will be my ‘go-to toon’ especially for WvW/sPvP.

< JADE QUARRY >
Zabroshan – 80 Guardian / Sorroe – 80 Mesmer
Hands Off My Octopus

in Mesmer

Posted by: Verone.1063

Verone.1063

Lvl 80 thief alt full MF… shortbow.. Orr… DE’s and orichalcum running…the farming man.. the farming!
No really, I like mesmer for the fun stuff like dungeons/pvp/wvwvw, I have that thief which will forever sport MF gear, 3th alt? Probably guardian or engineer, both seem good support like my mesmer so I’ll probably enjoy them too.

But yeah it’s up to you, some people say try it out in spvp so you see how it plays at lvl 80, but that doesn’t always show classes as they are at 80 in either dungeons or wvw.

in Mesmer

Posted by: NatashaK.9418

NatashaK.9418

Guardian, Ranger, Ele, Necro (all 80)

Mesmer is frustrating to level, is slow, and is a poor farming class. I like the glamours in WvW, but find the class lacking at everything else.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

830h in, 817h on mes… so yeaaaaaaah.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Broken Angel.4956

Broken Angel.4956

I play Engineer alt, to farm orr

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lysico.4906

Lysico.4906

Thief alt, but only level 45. Hard time playing anything by my mesmer

in Mesmer

SoulstitchMMO.1396

You guys aren’t making this any easier :p

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fjandi.2516

Fjandi.2516

Lol i have a lowbie thief, i`d play it dual pistol cos i really like that setup, sadly p/p sucks (i still play it sometimes for the lulz, is not that bad after all). I`d play a charr warrior or engi, sadly most armors have bad clipping issues with their tail. I`d play a ranger, sadly it looks silly without a quiver. So meh. Mesmer is so much fun, prolly not the best in pve…but i don`t really care since i can`t stand pve anyway.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

I actually like ele better than mesmer at times, but I play all classes fairly heavily. I do find necro very boring though.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wreck.2634

Wreck.2634

I am trying to decide between Guardian and Ele. Any suggestions? I also have a thief… All lowbies.

in Mesmer

Posted by: NatashaK.9418

NatashaK.9418

I am trying to decide between Guardian and Ele. Any suggestions? I also have a thief… All lowbies.

I have 5 80s. For solo PvE I like:
1) Guardian
2) Ranger
3) Necro
4) Mesmer
5) Ele

The order is reversed for WvW where the best solo classes fail to distinguish themselves in a large group. That said, if you make a small, coordinated roaming group in WvW, the more solo capable classes get better again.

in Mesmer

Posted by: AsherTalos.6478

AsherTalos.6478

Mesmer is hands down my favorite class to play. But I’m playing an engineer as an alt, liking the bombs.

in Mesmer

SoulstitchMMO.1396

I’m trying to narrow it down between Necro and Ranger.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MrMacAndCheese.3907

MrMacAndCheese.3907

I’m trying to narrow it down between Necro and Ranger.

I was interested in both as well, and still am, but to judge from their forums, both are garbage atm. Which is pretty funny since you will see SO many more necros and rangers then mes in game. At least I do.

in Mesmer

Posted by: marianojc.2965

marianojc.2965

I do not like any of the GW2 professions. In GW1 I like the Mesmer, but in GW2 I do not like it, nervertheless, I play a mesmer and at present I am playing an Elementalist as alt. It happens that I like the GW2’s Elementalist more than the GW1’s.

I do not like the GW2’s Mesmer, because I do not like to play with a greatsword/sword/pistol and I play with a greatsword because its skill bar. I would change the skills of the weapon skill bar if I could. And also I would change the F1~F4 skills for Mantras, instead of the Shatter skills, if I could. But, I can’t. This is why I suggest that having such rigid skill bar’s structure there should be many more professions, let’s say around 21 professions to have where to chose from.^^

in Mesmer

Posted by: Azrael.1408

Azrael.1408

I have lv 49 Ele and 39 Mes. I kind of play them in parallel as I cannot decide between those two

Ele has the same dynamic combat style so it is good for an alt if you want similar experience.

(edited by Azrael.1408)

in Mesmer

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

you realize you can rebind all the keys right? i have shatter keys bound to c,z,s,v

in Mesmer

Posted by: Marxo.3829

Marxo.3829

I play a Warrior as an alt, because my Mesmer is a caster and i wanted something that’s more “in-your-face” kind of character

Warrior here too. He’s everything the mes isn’t. Very straight forward, in-your-face, large variety of melee, heavy armor and uh… boring utilities.

It’s the best contrast to mes play I’ve found so far for when I want something different.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

I am pretty sure than Mesmer’s players generally have a Guardian as well. That seems to be the case with everyone I’ve played in game.

I think it is just that many people just like the idea of fighter-mage characters, whether heavily armoured or not. I know personally I pretty much always opt for the fighter-mage-like class or build in pretty much any fantasy game I play (especially p&p games).

My main is a Mesmer, and alt is a Guardian btw.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

You guys aren’t making this any easier :p

Just accept it. There is no substitute for the mesmer!

Yeah, I have a guardian alt. It’s different.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in Mesmer

SoulstitchMMO.1396

Yeah. I think I’m going to finish leveling my Necromancer. My Mesmer is a WvW Tank (Confusion Bomb) Build. The survivability with spike damage is delicious. I guess I want something that’s super tanky and desctructive in a wvw situation.

I’ll level my necro and guardian and see what I can do with them.

in Mesmer

Posted by: AkiraZero.8514

AkiraZero.8514

Tried making an Ele and Warrior… have yet to find the desire to continue either of them past level 10 lol
Sounds stupid but I’m sure other Mesmer’s feel the same way… but I’m thinking of playing a Mesmer as my alt lmao!
(Never even found any difficulty in levelling in PvE either, find it hard to understand why people complain so much about it!)

Akira Antares/Necrosymphonic/Valiant Echo [AVA] [ZERO]
Gandara

in Mesmer

Posted by: ddoi.9264

ddoi.9264

As an alt…I rolled another mesmer lol. Different race for different looks. Mesmer is just so fun to play.
That being said, my other alt warrior is a refreshing change every now and then. Using the sword/warhorn build it’s fantastic to have all that mobility and perma swift after playing a few hours on crawl speed with mesmer.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Knux.6054

Knux.6054

My main alts are an Engineer and a Warrior. They are a good change of pace from the mesmer. I do have a melee Elementalist build that I’m working on though…

Server: Yak’s Bend
Main: Crossandra (Mesmer)

in Mesmer

Posted by: redux.1502

redux.1502

Guardian, Ranger, Necro, Thief. The other three professions kind of bore me.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

76 Ele (latest), 80 Guardian, 70 Necromancer. I keep coming back to Mesmer knowing there is more potential to it then i’m currently using. I stopped using it after Orr farming frustrations. I found courage last week to play it again, and with a few upgrades (berserker) feels so much better already. My damage really went up. And i still need many more exotics. So i’ll stay at it for now I also found a very good way for tagging events. (greatsword). So i’m ok with it. What i love is that normal attacks do more damage then Ele. Ele rotations are fine, until after 30 secs, you exhausted all the worthy skills, and still didn’t kill the risen chasing you.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dark.6250

Dark.6250

I play thief to mix it up mesmer as support ranged glamour build and thief up close and personal bs build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crimsonyoshi.3921

Crimsonyoshi.3921

Simple, I don’t have an alt.

-Crimsonyoshi-

in Mesmer

Posted by: kurtosis.9526

kurtosis.9526

Sword/Dagger Shadow Arts thief is really fun:

Teleport with Sword 2, Stealth with Dagger 5, Heal when stealthed. If you like confusing and tricking other players (or mobs) on your mesmer, this is a good alt choice.

(edited by kurtosis.9526)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arngrim.3786

Arngrim.3786

Dual Pistol Thief and a Warrior.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cub Discus Gig.2176

Cub Discus Gig.2176

Mesmers dont really have alts they simply respec

Killed Again / Jade Sorrow
Underworld
www.valourgaming.com

in Mesmer

Posted by: Saulius.8430

Saulius.8430

don’t play any alts. have some lowbie ele for cooking (convenient movespeed)

kill all ze thingz

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kabuki.9103

Kabuki.9103

I have an 80 warrior that I love for PvE and an 80 thief for WvW. Then I rolled the mesmer and now that’s all I play in WvW.

I mostly solo and roam. The backstab thief gives me the satisfaction of putting a single target on its back within a split second. The mesmer give me the satisfaction of putting down multiple enemies at once, although a lot slower.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kjedhal.8736

Kjedhal.8736

I have a guardian, but I’m disappointed I don’t spawn more of myself when I dodge…

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheRamosOnline.2670

TheRamosOnline.2670

Mesmalice in Mesmerland.
Staring:

• Mesmalice
  • The Mad Mesmer
  • Mesmire Cat
  • The Queen of Mesmers
  • Mesmerpiller
  • Mesmer Hare
    And guest talents from Mesmey Depp.
    Written by Tim Meston.

What I’m getting at is that Mesmers are awesome and why would I want to play anything else?

in Mesmer

SoulstitchMMO.1396

I’ve found Ele is a good alternative for me, D/D ele .

in Mesmer

Posted by: Drakh.3128

Drakh.3128

I’ve been looking for an alt to play also, guess I’ll make another mesmer!

- Drakh (BT)
- Blackgate

in Mesmer

Posted by: Horheristo.3607

Horheristo.3607

What do you mean play as alts?

All classes, what else?
Depending on what needs to be done, I’ll take that class.

in Mesmer

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

I played Ranger as an alt, but now I’m lost, I can’t find the “perfect alt”
Thief lasted me a good while, because they’re a little like the Mesmer.

Every time I try a new character, I’m almost coming back to my Mesmer

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

(edited by LumAnth.5124)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Actually, my Mesmer is my alt that I use in WvW. My main is a ‘Spirit’ Guardian that I use for PvE.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU