What gear set best suits a mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jaha.2840

Jaha.2840

Q:

As the title suggests, which three-stat gear set best suits a mesmer in a WvW scenario with sword/focus + Greatsword?

(edited by Jaha.2840)

in Mesmer

Posted by: AsteriskCGY.5931

AsteriskCGY.5931

A:

I say depends on your main damage source, and then how tanky/damagey you want to be.

GS, sword, and focus are all direct damage weapons, as such I’d say you want to build for crit and crit damage. So Berserkers, Valkryies, Knights stuff.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

My personal fav is Condition damage/toughness/precision. 25 points in Chaos and 25 in Illusions while having 20 in Dueling for Deceptive Evasion. Max condition damage spam shatter bar.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Mesmer

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

My personal fav is Condition damage/toughness/precision. 25 points in Chaos and 25 in Illusions while having 20 in Dueling for Deceptive Evasion. Max condition damage spam shatter bar.

thats best for sword/focus + staff

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gubrz.7283

Gubrz.7283

these are the weapons i use
im built around phantasm dmg, trait wise

i use all power/precision/critdmg
i use utility powers for survivability
clone/blink/change around the third often depending on what i think ill need as i rush people

i mainly wvw, with light dungeoning and pve ae on the side

in Mesmer

Posted by: cpearson.9374

cpearson.9374

This is probably a stupid question, but what good is condition damage for a Mesmer? The primary and nearly only condition for them is Confusion, right? Can Confusion gain crit damage? Power and Precision have usually been my focus, but I’m still growing and learning.

in Mesmer

Posted by: AsteriskCGY.5931

AsteriskCGY.5931

This is probably a stupid question, but what good is condition damage for a Mesmer? The primary and nearly only condition for them is Confusion, right? Can Confusion gain crit damage? Power and Precision have usually been my focus, but I’m still growing and learning.

Staff 1 drops bleeds and burn conditions, as well as any clone using a staff as well.
Illusions will cause bleeds on crit with the 15 trait in dueling.
Random condition on clone kill will include burns, poisons, and bleeds.
Chaos storm applies poison.

So yea, if you’re using a staff for it’s damage and not its utility condition damage has its use there.

Arguably the warlock from Staff does more damage than the amount of conditions you can feasibly stack with the staff that it’s still better to build for direct damage to boost that.

Same with the Illusion bleed on crit. Better off building for base damage than proc’d damage.

in Mesmer

Posted by: NeuroMuse.1763

NeuroMuse.1763

Arguably the warlock from Staff does more damage than the amount of conditions you can feasibly stack with the staff that it’s still better to build for direct damage to boost that.

iWarlock damage scales by 10% per each type of unique condition on the target. More condition types more damage.

Same with the Illusion bleed on crit. Better off building for base damage than proc’d damage.

If you’re at around 50% crit the bleed on crit trait is going to be firing off about every 1-2 seconds a mesmer set up for conditions can easily push 15-22 bleed stacks solo depending on condition duration gear without having to even use time warp.

Condition builds and setups can actually do extremely well and be very durable with rabid gear (precision+toughness+condition damage)

Using your F2 shatters and making good use of ethereal field combos you can get 10-15 stacks of confusion going as well which can fairly hard as well with a condition setup.

In the end it is viable it requires a lot more work from the player though to work it effectively though especially when compared to a standard power/precision/crit GS/Shatter build.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ski.4927

ski.4927

I plan to spend most of my time roaming in WvWvW as a Staff clone/confuse Mesmer and I will most likely focus on a mixture of Shaman gear and the new Apothecary gear.

Turkish Krul – Druid