What gear suffixes are best for a Mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nyaru.7954

Nyaru.7954

I just got to 80 and crafted my spinal blades, and I need to choose a suffix. I have no idea what spec I’ll want to play. What would be the most generic and multi-tasking stats to choose?

Carrion (Condition dmg, Power, Vitality)
Berserker (Power, Precision, Crit dmg)
Rampager (Precision, Power, Condition dmg)
Celestial (a bit of everything)

Any word on these, or any other one?
I’m a bit time limited since I won’t be able to craft new spinal blades after the event ends. Or is there a better back item?

I currently play with GS/Staff, but it’s subject to change.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mystogan.4157

Mystogan.4157

A very ROUND build would be a PU build. it can go either power or condi. round meaning that it does not excel or suck at anything it is very average and is capable of handling all types of content. PU does excel in 1v1s,pvp and roaming wvw. full zerker is not advised unless you are more experienced and if you go condi never go full glass. for power maybe knights/valks. for condi prob carrions

Thy Shall Fear The Reaper (FxRe)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mystogan.4157

Mystogan.4157

also PU is very forgiving. if you screw up you have alot of options and actually pu builds are quite hated right now because of it, just like warrior sig

Thy Shall Fear The Reaper (FxRe)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

Berserker, of course, maybe Rampager. Even if mesmers can dish conditions by death traits, we do not have many reliable way. So, before you regret of choosing condi backpack, get that berserker and never look back (Also the most pricy to make with the conventional way).

I have both set and also ascended condi trinkets/backpack and I barely use them.

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Really depend on your build tbh, are you running phantasm? shatter? PU? lockdowns? Also do you want your mesmer to be WvW roamer or support? PvE? PvP (less variations here though)?

If you’re going for power, best multitasking set will go with mixture of berserker, knights, and cavalier. With the right mix in build editor you can get 50% crit chance, 1900-2000 power and 1200-1500 toughness with decent crit damage.

Since most of “our own” attacks don’t inflict bleeding. If you’re going for condition, you’ll need some precision to inflict bleeding on enemy (along with phantasmal fury). Either from duelist or sigil. Clone death is also good but may not generate high stacks within short time. So I’d go with mixture of rabid and rampager. Confusion and torment from scepter is good but it requires enemy to actively attacking/moving. If you like confusion stackings, either carrion, rabid or dire works really well, as long as you have superior rune of perplexity. We have number of skills for interruption and combine that with iMage and scepter can generate 13 stacks of confusion or above.

(edited by NICENIKESHOE.7128)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

I just got to 80 and crafted my spinal blades, and I need to choose a suffix. I have no idea what spec I’ll want to play. What would be the most generic and multi-tasking stats to choose?

Carrion (Condition dmg, Power, Vitality)
Berserker (Power, Precision, Crit dmg)
Rampager (Precision, Power, Condition dmg)
Celestial (a bit of everything)

Any word on these, or any other one?
I’m a bit time limited since I won’t be able to craft new spinal blades after the event ends. Or is there a better back item?

I currently play with GS/Staff, but it’s subject to change.

So, there’s few hard and fast rules, but there are a couple.

Carrion is never useful for a mesmer. Never in any build ever.

Rampager is….generally ill-advised. Hybrid builds aren’t usually a great idea, and if you do run a hybrid it’s better to do a mix-and-match as opposed to just using rampager.

Celestial is questionable for anything except a staff ele in WvW.

Generally, you’ll want a set of zerker/assassins for PvE, a set of tankier stuff (knights/cavaliers) if you want to run power in WvW, and a set of rabid if you want to run conditions in WvW.

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Celestial is questionable for anything except a staff ele in WvW.

Generally, you’ll want a set of zerker/assassins for PvE, a set of tankier stuff (knights/cavaliers) if you want to run power in WvW, and a set of rabid if you want to run conditions in WvW.

Celestial can be useful if mix with a lot of zerks or assasins. If you look at Joe’s build you’ll see he manage to get a little bit more vit/toughness without losing too much power. The key is to use celestial coat.
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fgIQNAW8alwzipXUzpGb9ICqHYH49dkU0asWJF82FC-j0CBYfRGbEg+IQEBwJfCiJPKrVNFRjVXDT5iIq2aeQrW0JWKgRFGB-w

If I change to mostly assasin instead of zerker and manage to get 25 perception stacks I can get 75% crit chance with 1150 vit/toughness. Maybe a bit redundant but quite powerful in shatter burst. Also guarantee phantom 95% crit with phantasmal fury.

However that’s about to change with ferocity. Celestial’s ferocity will be reduce appropriately, most likely below berserker/assasin……which makes perfect sense lol.

in Mesmer

Posted by: calavel.6249

calavel.6249

Since we are talking about a back piece only, I would say Berserker. It’s a stat combo that’s not as easy to obtain on back pieces as others, so that alone makes it a valid choice for any power build.
Unless you plan to run conditions only, forever, a zerker backpiece will never be a bad choice.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

I picked Celestial. I generally play berserker builds, but it still has a lot of crit dmg (well, even if that will be changed) as celestial as well as similiar crit chance, so for one item I’m fine if I lose a bit of power for the versatility of being able to use it in other setups as well.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Go fig … and I’d already gave my Mes an Ascended backpiece. Out of the choices you have, I’d have went for Celestial. But, I’m usually either Hybrid or full Condition. Celestial’d let me swap between the two easily enough. /shrug

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior