What happened to Illusionary Invig

in Mesmer

Posted by: goldy.3801

goldy.3801

w h e r e d i d i n v i g go? Staple in shatter builds, standard shatter or w/e. Cheers.

Ailí – Yeah nah yeah nah yeah.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Probably merged it with Bountiful Disillusionment, which now gives Vigor on Cry of Frustration.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Smitty.9432

Smitty.9432

yea naww. yea na. giv us tht ilusionry invig back i need 2 train shatter man. dis BS dude y u gotta h8 on mesmers like dis its not right man.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ethan holmes.4825

ethan holmes.4825

give us invig plox

Juicy
Fearless [Hymn]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lefty Supremacist.9846

Lefty Supremacist.9846

Where is mah invig? Give it back to us pl0x.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Railgun.2357

Railgun.2357

RIP double distorts and double mind wracks. you will be missed /salute

in Mesmer

Posted by: Logie.3975

Logie.3975

What is the reasoning for getting rid of invig? There is almost no reason and it does nothing but punish the most difficult build to effectively play. Doesn’t promote build diversity or anything, its staple on almost all shatter based mesmer builds. Wish A-Net could give any feedback on this topic.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Railgun.2357

Railgun.2357

RIP phantasm cancelling too since i cant afford to waste a distort like that anymore :<

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

It is gone probably because f5 is a shatter. And all shatters were buffed.

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Anemonity.1264

Anemonity.1264

I fell like it might be because of the new GS trait that gives Might on strike and cripples.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

Between F5 and Signet of Illusions, and potential combining of both with Mimic, yet another way to refresh our Shatters was a bit redundant.

In the AMA they made specific note to look into it, so if it’s gone it’s because Robert deemed it so.

in Mesmer

goldy.3801

Eh, theyre making classic shatter not have any way to refresh shatter skills. Kind of sad.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

What is the reasoning for getting rid of invig? There is almost no reason and it does nothing but punish the most difficult build to effectively play. Doesn’t promote build diversity or anything, its staple on almost all shatter based mesmer builds. Wish A-Net could give any feedback on this topic.

If you look at the inability to spell basic english in this thread, I doubt this is the most difficult build to play. Seems quite the opposite, actually.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

If you look at the inability to spell basic english in this thread, I doubt this is the most difficult build to play. Seems quite the opposite, actually.

You are right, staff mes is harder

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

in Mesmer

goldy.3801

I just wanna know if they’re bringing it back. It is a staple in zerk shatter builds though…. /sigh

in Mesmer

Quadox.7834

I just wanna know if they’re bringing it back. It is a staple in zerk shatter builds though…. /sigh

We don’t know if it’s coming back but for now, it is gone.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

in Mesmer

Posted by: HeNnAz.8913

HeNnAz.8913

Can I have my illusionary Invig back if you’re just going to take it without stating. I’d like 5 page apology, a further 3 page essay on the reasoning of taking it away and another 2 pages on sources.
Note: These sources can’t be new players crying about being 1 shot by a class they don’t understand.
Secondly, give it back.

It’s ya boy fred.
I’ll suck volcanus for stability.

in Mesmer

goldy.3801

Tbh, if you go 6 into illusions you should get invigoration, either pick it up in the middle line as it is now or get it as a minor. Its key in shatter builds. This “nerf” is honestly like taking out warrior Auto endure pain and than trying to justify it by saying you have a endure pain to be taken on your utility bar. Saying “just pick up signet of illusions” isnt well thought of. It will cripple pvp mesmers in the fact they will have to drop utility (portal). Anyway, i just want a dev to respond. Lol.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

That was one of the best “come-back” and “watch your opponent’s HP” traits out there.

20 level 80s and counting.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

Invig was crucial to outnumbered situations. Very disappointed in our loss, no message of condolences for our grief… how rude!

I am glad they put the signet on the same cooldown as the trait; that’s logical. But the signet is just bad.

Also the GM of Illusions are kitten for power shatter unless you choose the only choice you have. Illusion of choice, ha ha what a joke right.
Ineptitude is an absolutely subpar trait and should be replaced with Invigoration.
And you know it would keep invigoration on shatter mes balanced because you wouldn’t get to pick the other power shatter trait.

And it’s right to compare it to endure pain trait; why in the hell is this still there but not our invig which really you’d want to use for distortion more often than not to save your kitten . And it made sense.

grrrrrr still disappointed in the choices made overall to the Illusions line, it needs traits to be swapped from a tier to another and put invigoration back as GM.

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

(edited by Kitta.3657)

in Mesmer

goldy.3801

Even putting it back in master where it used to be wouldnt be bad.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos.3579

Chaos.3579

READ THIS
VVVVVVVV

i THINK they removed it because of chonomancers reset shatter ability, and the fact that we already have a signet that recharges the shatter skills.

which means anet probably removed it because there afraid we will be shattering non stop with smart use of this stuff…im talking activates reset shatter>mind wrack 9k>tanks dmg to prock IV>another mindwrack>reset shatter> mind wrack off cd…

BUT.. this is assuming you take chonomancy and illusions as your specilizations. leaving you with either dueling or domination. so your gonna miss out on mental torment or deceptive evasion. which is a big thing which will HIGHLy reduce the effectivness of this idea.

in my own highly logical opinion. i think that illusionary invogoration should return as a REVAMPED illusions grandmaster trait

something that works like this:

grandmaster: illlusionary invigoration ; when your hp falls below 50% activate signet of illusions active

aka if you run signet traits you can get a distortion when you hit 50%. among other things
effects

this way it gives the trait more functionality and build diversity because it will allow “shattermancers”, “mesignets”, to be a thing meaning more build diversity. AND
if you wanted to run “classic shatter” then you could run domination dueling and illusions grabbing this trait instead of improved shatters so you get the recharge.
so it would both give more diverisity and preserve the current builds

but you know. this is just my…..logical opinion

btw. to whoever looked at the “Vs” at the beginning of my post and though “w v w v w” youv been playing just the right amount of said gamemode

(edited by Chaos.3579)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

I have to agree on the point that Illusions looks to be pretty sub-par as a choice for a Power Shatter build. Certainly not the appeal that it now holds for Condie Shatter or Phantasm builds. (Although the GM choice is a bit lacking for the latter at least.) In fact, aside from Ineptitude, the other choices look rather bad and kinda break the appeal of the whole line.

MoF simply needs more! The Cripple on CoF is certainly neat and so is AE Diversion, but the rest is totally fluff and overall the package looks unappealing to a damage-focused shatter build. I’d rather get sustain via Chaos/Insp now, or Chronomancy post HoT.

The Scepter trait is just plain bad. This is a GM? Really? Take a look at the GS GM, and then let’s talk about a 15% speed increase on a weapon with broken mechanics and a slow single-target projectile. (GS is instant, 1200 range, multi-target and now procs Might on AAs and Cripple on everything else! It also attacks faster.) Add a component that increases the projectile speed by at least 50%, and you might have yourself a half-way useful (but still niche) GM.

As for Invig, the obvious answer is Chronomancy and the F5 thang. Then add the new Mimic + SoI and you have your answer. It’s dead and I doubt it’s coming back.

(edited by Windwalker.7421)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

good point Chaos.

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

in Mesmer

Chaos.3579

good point Chaos.

logical

in Mesmer

Quadox.7834

READ THIS
VVVVVVVV

i THINK they removed it because of chonomancers reset shatter ability, and the fact that we already have a signet that recharges the shatter skills.

which means anet probably removed it because there afraid we will be shattering non stop with smart use of this stuff…im talking activates reset shatter>mind wrack 9k>tanks dmg to prock IV>another mindwrack>reset shatter> mind wrack off cd…

BUT.. this is assuming you take chonomancy and illusions as your specilizations. leaving you with either dueling or domination. so your gonna miss out on mental torment or deceptive evasion. which is a big thing which will HIGHLy reduce the effectivness of this idea.

in my own highly logical opinion. i think that illusionary invogoration should return as a REVAMPED illusions grandmaster trait

something that works like this:

grandmaster: illlusionary invigoration ; when your hp falls below 50% activate signet of illusions active

aka if you run signet traits you can get a distortion when you hit 50%. among other things
effects

this way it gives the trait more functionality and build diversity because it will allow “shattermancers”, “mesignets”, to be a thing meaning more build diversity. AND
if you wanted to run “classic shatter” then you could run domination dueling and illusions grabbing this trait instead of improved shatters so you get the recharge.
so it would both give more diverisity and preserve the current builds

but you know. this is just my…..logical opinion

btw. to whoever looked at the “Vs” at the beginning of my post and though “w v w v w” youv been playing just the right amount of said gamemode

This is how it should be, but not in grandmaster. Instead, adept.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

in Mesmer

Chaos.3579

This is how it should be, but not in grandmaster. Instead, adept.

with the specilizations it does not matter where it is so long as it competes with the traits of its tier. in which case for illusions it needs to be grandmaster. to compete with the improved shatter trait.

you get to choose between stronger shatters or shatters that recharge when you reach 50%. not both as ip is now baseline and mental torment has been buffed.
among other things

logical

in Mesmer

Posted by: Joseph.7213

Joseph.7213

pls anet ill suck ya d

rip hopes and dreams for supported 3v3 arenas

in Mesmer

goldy.3801

O goodlord yusssssssss.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

The trait was a luxury and not a necessity for shatter builds. It has no place on any tier in any trait line. It was not needed beforehand, and it will not be needed afterwards.

As far as I know the only instance this trait was ever used was to reset shatter in response to a burst. This meant wasting distortions instead of dodges because you could get them back later.

Why is it never coming back now?

Mesmer shatter was buffed. You are never going to given something to reset shatter on a 60 second cd the way that guardian can reset virtues with renewed focus………….

Oh wait you are. Signet of illusions is your new illusionary invigorations

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

in Mesmer

goldy.3801

It has a place in the illusions traitline lol. It was good beforehand for builds without staff, you didnt need the bounce. Also by your logic of signet of illusions being our new illusionary invigoration, than any passive skill in the game that is a trait (warrior auto endure, engi auto alixr, ele auto stab), esentually any auto proccing thing with a utility variant should be removed. #logic