What happened to my mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: quercus.9261

quercus.9261

I have just been playing my Mesmer after a long break and noticed that she has pretty much been nerfed to dust. I left after the Shattered strength and PU buff. My mes was a PTV shatter that relied on all those might stacks and shared them.

I login and shatter is hardly playable, my glamour/confusion builds are all gone, confusion is gone, healing is still mantras (yuck). All my old builds aren’t viable. It looks like PU builds are pretty much it.

I got hit by a full zerker shatter burst in WvW cause I am rusty and it just took me down to half. Sad.

I go out in WvW and it is a melee train. Warriors as far as the eye can see. I am guessing they didn’t get nerfed? They are as OP as ever.

Thieves seem to have got hit hard I haven’t been ganked once.

I guess the current meta is PU? I am running GS/Power like a noob from the first days of the game. It seems to be the only spec that can assist the melee train.

So you board warriors have been asleep at the wheel or what? How did the Mesmer get knocked down so low?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Believe me, we’re as frustrated as you are. Did you see the most recent good news?

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

I feel just as strong as ever. If anything the last few patches have brought mesmer to a really nice spot balance wise.

I really can’t complain about my relative power compared to other classes. Mesmer has been and still is my go to pvp class.

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Mesmer is fine, barring a handful of outstanding bug fixes and the one incoming nerf to deceptive evasion which needs dev attention. There is a lot of QQ lately and if you’re not looking carefully, it’s hard to see through the fact that the QQ is for very specific things, not class marring.

Shatter is still very strong, and folks have made glamour builds still work in WvW. Understand that they may not be as strong as you remember but are still more than viable. Keep in mind also many other classes have been nerfed. As Godmoney pointed out, nerfs have also come with buffs for mesmers (and other classes, ofc) in other areas so it’s not all gloom and doom. The builds listed in stickied thread are for the most part still valid despite the list not being updated in awhile, and many are updated as of the latest 12/10 balance patch.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

whats wrong with GS? ive ran it since the beggining of time and i dont see it as a nooby weapon, yeah it is if you stand at 1200 range on a tower but you could do that with any class i guess apart from the obvious ones, show me your vids where you fight enemies in wvw with the GS in outnumbered situations and win.

i dougbt you have any.

burst shatter was a sorry excuse for a build that didnt help in WvW one bit, no long mobility no health no condi removal no heals, just straight up trolling damage. PU has been around since the start, since the boon buff people have been taking it to combat what was once the zerk meta, i run PU, why wouldnt i? but to be honest there are plenty of build out there not just the 1200 range GS’rs, GS works better up close btw

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I feel just as strong as ever. If anything the last few patches have brought mesmer to a really nice spot balance wise.

I can’t really complain either. Then again, I just watched the Jimquistion Y SO SRS episode, and to be honest I think he has a point. kitten people are bitter.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

I have just been playing my Mesmer after a long break and noticed that she has pretty much been nerfed to dust. I left after the Shattered strength and PU buff. My mes was a PTV shatter that relied on all those might stacks and shared them.

I login and shatter is hardly playable, my glamour/confusion builds are all gone, confusion is gone, healing is still mantras (yuck). All my old builds aren’t viable. It looks like PU builds are pretty much it.

I got hit by a full zerker shatter burst in WvW cause I am rusty and it just took me down to half. Sad.

I go out in WvW and it is a melee train. Warriors as far as the eye can see. I am guessing they didn’t get nerfed? They are as OP as ever.

Thieves seem to have got hit hard I haven’t been ganked once.

I guess the current meta is PU? I am running GS/Power like a noob from the first days of the game. It seems to be the only spec that can assist the melee train.

So you board warriors have been asleep at the wheel or what? How did the Mesmer get knocked down so low?

Or you can still play shatter and have fun

Take a look at Vash’s videos, like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3fUhFuUP-E

Using traveler runes + far reaching manip will give you high mobility. You can take mantra of resolve or arcane thievery to deal with conditions. Shatter build is still viable in wvw, and even more when you switch GS mastery ( if you use GS ofc ^^)to boon removal on shatter when you play in a group.

VoxL, NSPPT

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/WvW-Mesmer-needs-to-be-balanced/first

For if you missed all the notes, this is pretty much the problem imo.

in Mesmer

Godmoney.2048

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/WvW-Mesmer-needs-to-be-balanced/first

You see, I don’t see any of that as problems. In fact I chose mesmer as my main launch day because of those things listed.

I don’t see classes having different strengths as a “problem”

in Mesmer

Godmoney.2048

I can’t really complain either. Then again, I just watched the Jimquistion Y SO SRS episode, and to be honest I think he has a point. kitten people are bitter.

Jimquisition….all hail to the king.

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

You see, I don’t see any of that as problems. In fact I chose mesmer as my main launch day because of those things listed.

I don’t see classes having different strengths as a “problem”

Classes being superior in one part of the game and nearly useless in the rest is almost as gamebreaking as introducing 1 class that rises above all others in everything.

For example: You only see warriors in pve, you only see mesmers in roaming, you only see guardians in raids and you only see AI-specs in spvp.

If arenanet is gonna continue this kitten balancing it wont be long till you see those things…

in Mesmer

Posted by: quercus.9261

quercus.9261

I’ve read all your replies. Mesmers are not nearly as strong as what they were. However after playing a few days I don’t think anyone is. I hardly ever die anymore and that is something new.

I am probably enjoying myself more now so I guess that was the point. I think this is the frog in the bucket syndrome. Everyone feels about 50% weaker. it just happened over a long time.

GS is fine it is not a noob spec but it is what we all were using when the game first came out and we were noobs.

And sorry glamour/confusion specs are trash now especially with the melee train and lack of projectiles.

FYI I am playing one of the power cat /PU builds with traited blink.

in Mesmer

RedCobra.7693

yeah i apologise quercus i came across a bit offensive, i dont take kindly to people talking badly about my GS, i ran it because kitten a mage with a GS, it was for style at first and ive been using it ever since, i must have made over 30 different build around the Greatsword, so when i here people say theyre not viable i know they just havnt bothered, if you fancy a build let me know and ill pull one out for you

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aneirin Cadwall.9126

Aneirin Cadwall.9126

Here’s a fun way to stop the melee trains in WvW…
implement ‘friendly fire.’

Men who achieve some power desire more until they destroy themselves trying to get it.—Turai Ossa
Sanctum of Rall since beta 3. Mesmer since 1070 AE

in Mesmer

Posted by: Marsares.2053

Marsares.2053

Mesmer isn’t in a bad spot, but it’s certainly not as strong as it previously used to be. At the end of the day, it really depends what you do (solo roaming, WvW zerging, guild raids, sPvP, tPvP or PVE) and what build you run (Condi, Signet, Shatter, PU, Mantra, Lockdown, etc) that determines how viable you feel.

If you like WvW zerging or Guild raids.. we have little to offer after Glamour and Confusion nerfs, we’re basically Veil and utility bots. If you like tPvP, we’re in a pretty kitten bad state and need some serious baby-sitting in most teams. Solo roaming we’re in a good state and if you like casual hotjoin sPvP, then we’re more than viable too. PVE I can’t comment on as I don’t play it.

PU Condi is strong, but will get nerfed (and rightly so I’d argue, I just hope they go about doing it in the right fashion). Shatter is still viable, but needs more micro-management. Mantra’s and Signets have been “buffed” and are sneaking into many builds, although a pure build around them is still sub-par. Lockdown got some decent buffs and I my build is mostly focussed on this, but a lot of builds now take elements of lockdown.

In general, Mesmer has received major nerfs over time with some minor buffs, whilst some other classes have been brought up massively (e.g. Warrior). We’re still good, but the apex classes are now Guardian, Warrior and Necro and in most game-modes and specs we’re mid-tier in the table. I wish they’d push us a bit more towards Lockdown, give Shatter some minor TLC and have another look at Signets/Mantras and then – combined with some minor bug fixes – I think we’ll be in a good state.

All in all though, I still can’t see a reason not to play my Mesmer. I love it too much and although we’re being nerfed consistently and more and more pigeon-holed in our gameplay, it’s still the one class that I play. Then again, I’m a bit different than most players and I actually enjoy a challenge rather than re-roll to the next FOTM OP class. I choose one class in a MMO and tend to stick with it through ups and downs.

in Mesmer

Posted by: kubetz.3058

kubetz.3058

It is an evil proposal, but it would make the performance lag in WvW a lot worse as the server would have to process a lot more data.

in Mesmer

Marsares.2053

It is an evil proposal, but it would make the performance lag in WvW a lot worse as the server would have to process a lot more data.

Body-blocking like Warhammer had would help as well, but the server performance in WAR was atrocious as a result.

in Mesmer

RedCobra.7693

Body-blocking like Warhammer had would help as well, but the server performance in WAR was atrocious as a result.

maybe it could work but i think there would be too many complainers if they were to implement it after release

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

maybe it could work but i think there would be too many complainers if they were to implement it after release

The servers already kitten themselves in a large fight. With body blocking it would be an absolute nightmare.

in Mesmer

Marsares.2053

The servers already kitten themselves in a large fight. With body blocking it would be an absolute nightmare.

… that’s what I’m saying.

in Mesmer

RedCobra.7693

and i meant could work as in effectiveness, im not going to mention servers as ncsoft could always splurge out for better ones