What is the better Mesmer build for SPvP?

in Mesmer

Posted by: lazycalm.5186

lazycalm.5186

Hi guys

I’m about to start doing SPvP, and I would like to know the most successful build for Mesmers in SPvP since I’m new to this profession.

Shatter / Phantasm / PU Condition

Also, which one will be better for a new Mesmer player?

Thank you

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Just play a couple of rounds of each. Its not like its hard to change specs in PvP.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Just play a couple of rounds of each. Its not like its hard to change specs in PvP.

Yep – play and change regularly till you settle on something you like. Anything can work in casual hothoin, so it depends on what you enjoy most – phantasms, condition, shatter…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aerathnor.8305

Aerathnor.8305

I’ve been running PU S/S GS phantasms lately and it does fairly well.
Take your standard 20/20/30 and pick up the fury and damage traits with S/GS and their respective cooldown traits. Chaos traits are your choice, though I like the manipulation cd reduction. Utilities of Arcane thievery, Blink, Decoy and MI. Lyssa runes, fire SIG on GS, Energy and Bloodlust on swords.

A lot of dodge, 2 Interrupts in GS 5 Sw4, block,good burst in iSwordsman/blurred frenzy combo.Decent boon strip and not terrible Condi removal.

Its not perfect, but it is fun and mostly effective with practice.

in Mesmer

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

PU is the most OP 1v1 class right now. You’ll have a hard time playing the objective properly though.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

20/20/30 PU
30/20/10/10 lockdown
10/30/20/10 clone-death

These are your best bets. Clone-death is the best for holding a node and defending against thieves. Lockdown is good if you have bunkers and can /assist a thief or some glass cannon class.