What is the top power Mesmer PvP build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Is it the one on metabattle? I want to run the same build as Mime… Trying to learn it for fun

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Mesmer

Posted by: CoraxRnR.5742

CoraxRnR.5742

As far as I remember, Mime runs the variant that is closest to the traditional traitlines Domination/Duelling/Illusions, only with Illusions swapped out for Chrono and Shield instead of Torch. Zerker ammy, though Marauder is a (probably even more) viable alternative. Sigills, I don’t really know. Probably Exploitation and something with boonshred. Pretty sure about Scholar Runes, though.

Regarding traits:
Dom: 1-1-3
Duel: 1-1- now it gets kinda complicated. Power Shatter used to play Deceptive Evasion, but with the introduction of Superiority Complex I assume that many people swapped to that one. See for yourself what suits you better.
Chrono: 2-3-2; again, regarding the traits that Mime uses, this is more or less a wild guess when it comes to the Grandmaster. Everybody uses Superspeed on clones and since
Power Shatter is mostly a roamer without the survivability to be in any prolonged encounter, Illusionary Reversion seems rather useless which is why I’d go with “better” Alacrity. I personally use Quickness on Shatter / Seize the Moment because I always did and playing Power without it messes up my rhythm really bad, but Chronophantasma probably works too.
Utilities: Well of Eternity, Blink, Decoy, Portal and Gravity Well or Moa as Elite.

That said, I would hardly say that it’s the top power spec out there. It’s fun and if you like the playstyle of the old Power Shatter, this is the “truest” current incarnation. That said, you’ll get torn to shreds if you fight semi-competent players and you’re not absolutely outplaying them. If you pick Shield over Torch, your ability to cleanse even a light condition burst is reduced to Well of Eternity (not that it’s that much better with Torch, tbh) and a Thief will be able to snack you inbetween morning dump and breakfast.

I think there’s another incarnation that relies on the synergy between the Daze-Mantra and the Domination traitline, but I honestly don’t know what they drop for the Mantra.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

You drop decoy for daze mantra.

Daze mantra is probably our best option to fight against thief.

For sustain, you want to drop illusion for inspiration. You will lose some damage but it is much easier to survive with inspiration.