What race shall my Mesmer be?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Acension.9270

Acension.9270

What race shall my Mesmer be from your personal preference of Mesmer looks.

Feel free to upload a picture that i can also see, that’s if you want to of course.

Trolls :)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Harbinger.9645

Harbinger.9645

Asuras seem really cool whenever I fight them. I however chose human.

Cynaptix-Mesmer(80)
Member of Gamers With Jobs(GWJ)
From the Northern Shiver Peaks

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dog.1472

Dog.1472

Asura is the only race.

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
As an asura, I do this all the time.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

There is main ‘show us your mesmer’ topic on this forum. Human female gear looks the best IMO.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Mesmer

Posted by: DaisyRogers.6837

DaisyRogers.6837

I ran mesmer, smaller details means its harder to pick out the real deal at glance when i am stealthing in between my clones.

Plus I wanted the t3 armor… even with the screwed up helmet it still looks pretty epic.

I use magi-tech to generate my clones and phantasms

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ramiah.5648

Ramiah.5648

If I had to choose based on looks and ideaology it would be Sylvari. Their concept of the world being a mystical place (they live in a metaphysical dream until they are born, after all) fits in well with mesmer. Additionally their cultural armor is neat with plant wings and stuff like that.
I chose Charr, though. I wanted to be a Charr caster who wasn’t an elementalist (bad flame legion is bad… and I’m not good at switching elements) and necromancy was too cliche imo. I was surprised to find out it actually fits with the story too, the Ash legion is about stealth and subterfuge. Most light armors look pretty bad on us, my lower backside is often showing but our cultural armor reminds me of Ritualists from GW1 and when I summon Phantasms, it’s kinda like “spirits.”

Thy faithful servant asketh for thy blessing. Honor us with the splendor of thy song.
Protect us… Holy Song!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Entropy.4732

Entropy.4732

I went Sylvari male. The Sylvari fit well with Mesmer IMO. Their starting area is incredible. Their skills are useful, personal story interesting, and their aesthetic meshes well with the mesmer approach. Mysterious, illusory, mystical, freakish. Plus… Bioluminesance!??? Best race trait ever. Asura DO have radiation field tho. That skill meshes well with Chaos Storm and glamour skills. Human female gear does look cool, but you have to suffer through the awful human personal story and starting areas. Plus I think male light armor is underestimated. Some of those designs are awesome. I love looking like a royal dandy from the 18th century. And on my Sylvari it looks very glam rock.

Styx Hemlock – Sylvari Mesmer – TFG – NSP

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nikked.7365

Nikked.7365

I went with a Norn. Giant Mesmer = Giant Clones, and if making 3 of myself wasn’t enough evidence of a narcissistic personality disorder, then making them giant certainly is. I am pretty awesome, after all

That said, I’ve been envious of the Asuran skills for WvW. Sure, I don’t actually have the spare utility slot on my bar, but poison field + confusion stacks puts someone in a difficult position. If their health is low, then they have to decide between outlasting the poison, or take confusion damage with a health/condition removal. Plus you’ve got 15 secs of poison field to execute combos while they are figuring this all out.

Jacked Jackal :: Norn Mesmer :: Giant and Fabulous
Dragonbrand

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gaiawolf.8261

Gaiawolf.8261

Can’t really imagine a mesmer being anything other than a charr. Go charr or go home.

Lone Wolf Mesmer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief
Dissentient [DIS] ~Tarnished Coast

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

I chose human as i like the looks u can get and using hounds of balthazar

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Sylvari, and Entropy explains it best. Although, I’m tempted to snag another slot for a
Femme-sura. Sylvari have the “mystical” style, but Asura have the emotes.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Mesmer

Posted by: FLIMP.8172

FLIMP.8172

Asura! Pain inverter!!!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: wookie.8934

wookie.8934

Asura! Pain inverter!!!!

This. A thousand times THIS.

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Go against the standards!

Charr Mesmer (max/fattest size of course) is quite hilarious to see.

Personally I use a Norn though. Cant say no to giant boobs.

in Mesmer

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

It’s pretty much the same but I’d suggest Asura since you get one nice skill for Confusion if you wanna spec into that build — which makes me regret choosing human but it’s already too late to change v.v

in Mesmer

Posted by: Giorgos.4962

Giorgos.4962

Tbh, the asura greatsword auto attack is the worse of all races, its just bad compared to the other races. So keep this in mind if you’r looking to use the greatsword alot.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rakuren Kenshou.7689

Rakuren Kenshou.7689

I also vote for Human female. Preferably with the short curly blond hair that goes just below your ears.

The more people that look like me in WvW, the better.

Actually, I think I might go make a post basically saying “all us mesmers should redesign our looks to all look the same”.

“I reject your reality and substitute my own.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

Sylvari! Black skin, white or purple hair, purple glow, cultural armor, and TA weapons. Win!

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

in Mesmer

Posted by: MontyPython.9350

MontyPython.9350

i agree on human (female) mesmer. the early armor on any class is average in looks, but once you hit the higher levels and acquire a few transumation stones you can start to really develop the looks of the character.

here is my lvl 55 mesmer – for reference.

Attachments:

in Mesmer

Posted by: shyrith.3462

shyrith.3462

Sylvari for sure!

ET and proud to be!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rakuren Kenshou.7689

Rakuren Kenshou.7689

Sylvari! Black skin, white or purple hair, purple glow, cultural armor, and TA weapons. Win!

That actually sounds pretty awesome for a mesmer.

I made my Sylvari Necro demonic looking by using red, but in hindsight, black and red might have worked better.

“I reject your reality and substitute my own.”

in Mesmer

Gaiawolf.8261

Sounds like my engineer. He has dark dark blue skin that glows and grayish white hair.

in Mesmer

Posted by: kazi.6438

kazi.6438

Charr Mesmer + tank/confusion build + fiery dragon sword/torch = win.

It’s like screaming “LETS GO kittenES!!!” as you appear in a giant cloud of purple flames with flaming weapons, chaos storm/armor, and gigantic clone shatters (who also have flaming weapons) in the center of a WvW zerg. The amount of panic it induces usually causes 3-5 people to auto-down themselves within seconds. It’s a one-man portal bomb.

Inir [CAT]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iizslennus.8392

Iizslennus.8392

Asura for sure! A bunch of small dudes jumping a bigger person(talking to you Norns!!)

in Mesmer

Posted by: wookie.8934

wookie.8934

Asura. If for nothing else, the racial skills are the best for a mesmer (notably a confusion/condition mesmer).

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

Norn Mesmer.

Giant …

• People don’t expect the norn to be a mesmer … so your clones confuse people even more
  • Your illusions cover not only you but your allies.
  • Putting on light armor with the Honor of the Waves skin makes you look like you’re wearing heavy armor.
  • Weapon size is dictated by the height of the character so your weapons are as big as possible (if you are as tall as Norn-ly possible)
  • Norn’s actually hover their greatsword when shooting with it … Asura do not (my first 80 Mesmer was an Asura)
Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Devilsmack.5736

Devilsmack.5736

I chose Sylvari but just because I wanted to have 1 char of each race. Had I known Pain Inverter was Asuran, I would have probably rolled it that way. Now I’m Lv 80 and not rerolling.

Alanna Grisel (M) / Devilsmack (N)
Kildemort (W) / Killer Claws (G)
Deadly God (En) – Fort Aspenwood

in Mesmer

Gaiawolf.8261

@Sebrent:
My charr uses HOTW armor for just that. Players don’t expect charr mesmers either, so it works great until I explode all over them in purple butterflies.

Now if only we can get our GS to hover.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

@Gaiawolf: Between the HotW armor (look like a heavy) and the HoM armor (look like a gentleman), it’s Norn all the way. The Mesmer masks look better on the Norn too … I still have my starting mask as part of one of my sets.

Charr Mesmer … out-of-place
Norn Mesmer … big and sexy!

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Mesmer

Gaiawolf.8261

Heh, masks look good on nobody. Mayyyyybe female human, but only for town clothes at a Halloween ball/party. But you’re right about charr mesmers being out of place.That’s why they are the best at deception! To quote, umm, myself:

The greatest trick a charr mesmer ever pulled was making the forums think he didn’t exist … and just like that (Blink) he was gone.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

Human female. Mesmers are all about attitude and I can’t imagine anyone with more attitude than a black woman!

in Mesmer

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Coming from someone with a Silvari, I recommend either human or asura. Human’s have the best alternative skills (heal and elite), asura are so small they get targeted less often in wvw.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.