What's the difference?

What's the difference?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Q:

What’s the difference between Clones/Illusions/Phantasms? I’m kinda lost when traiting my mesmer… There are traits that says clones. Some says Illusions, and some say Phantasms.

I know that the Phantasms are the Transparent ones, which are summoned by specific skills which have “Phantasm” written on them (Such as phantasmal disenchanter). But what I would really like to know is if the traits that say clones and/or illusions, do affect phantasms aswell.

Thank you in advance.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

What's the difference?

in Mesmer

Posted by: DeathReign.7821

DeathReign.7821

A:

Illusions” is the skill group of both Phantasms and Clones. Phantasms are a subgroup of illusions, as are clones. Traits or skills that affect illusions affect both phantasms and clones, while traits or skills that affect clones do not affect phantasms, and vice versa.

Phantasms are the translucent figures that look like the caster but use purple, glowy weapons and skills of their own. They deal substantial damage and have significantly higher health than clones.

Clones are exact replicas of the caster, down to the weapon that the caster was holding when the clone was summoned.They so not have any skills of their own except the auto attack of the weapon that was equipped. They deal insignificant physical damage, but conditions applied by them deal full damage (as if applied from caster). They are much easier to kill than phantasms.

Kiss the chaos.

What's the difference?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shadowkiller.6725

Shadowkiller.6725

clones are the exact copies of your charater, usually your #2 weapon skill or scepter auto-attack and illusions are clones and phantoms

a lighter thief

What's the difference?

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

Illusions refer collectively to both clones and phantasms.

In terms of look:
Clones look exactly like you and wield the weapons you have on you at the time they are created.
Phantasms have the ghostly purple look and wield their own mist weapons depending on which type of phantasm.

In terms of damage and their own survivability:
Clones deal almost no raw damage but can inflict conditions based on your weapon and trait choices. Clones are meant to be expendable so they die very easily.
Phantasms deal decent dmg and are much tougher to kill than clones. Their dmg and toughness can be boosted further by certain traits.

Hope that helps.

Further reading: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Clone and http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Phantasm

What's the difference?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Thank you for the answers.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing