What to expect when you are expecting.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shtos Vant.4182

Shtos Vant.4182

Here’s what to expect in the year after April 15th.
If you ask, I’d be happy to explain my predictions.
A couple things to be aware of when making prognostications about the future of Mesmers in GW2: China release in May and income demographics of current active players.

1. More PvE focus
2. Less WvWvW focus
3. More sPvP focus for the masses = more Mesmers.
4. Account bound stuff = more alts = more Mesmers.
5. More Mesmers = Fixing mechanics, strengthening 1v1, nerfing aoe stuff.
6. Less true build diversity, more variations of an archetype.
7. New weapon (fan?) that functionally is like a blend of two existing weapons.

Have a great April 15th!

Having fun on Kaineng [SKY]

in Mesmer

Posted by: FinalPatriot.8034

FinalPatriot.8034

Shape-shift – Butterfly form!

Laura Seranus – Mesmer –
“Shatter Me!”
“I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

1. More PvE focus

I hope so. I’m a PvE player and these new GM traits look to be very PvP/WvW focused.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I’m expecting to expect the unexpected.

:p

More weapon skills
Sub classes – trait branching, power evolving?
More pvp game modes
Open world duelling?

in Mesmer

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

I’m expecting the least.

I still remember when they told Rangers near launch that they will be so buffed, it will be over powered.

It came, and Rangers got aquatic buffs only.

(I’ve always been main Mesmer but Ranger was my primary alt. Then the update came and I only touch him for map completion in order to get my 3rd legendary)

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

1. More PvE focus

I hope so. I’m a PvE player and these new GM traits look to be very PvP/WvW focused.

The new GM traits are nothing focused. They’re almost all useless in almost all game types. It’s as if the devs just drew random mechanics from a hat and decided to try and shoehorn them into GM traits.

in Mesmer

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

1. More PvE focus

The new GM traits are nothing focused. They’re almost all useless in almost all game types. It’s as if the devs just drew random mechanics from a hat and decided to try and shoehorn them into GM traits.

It’s too early to tell. The 3s distortion might work well in zergs, and (although not GM), the torment shatter sounds like it’ll buff condi/shatters. Of course, you never know how these things play out till you get to try it out.

Second Child

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

1. More PvE focus

It’s too early to tell. The 3s distortion might work well in zergs, and (although not GM), the torment shatter sounds like it’ll buff condi/shatters. Of course, you never know how these things play out till you get to try it out.

The 3 second distortion is only after you kill a foe not during – that would be more useful.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Raunchy.6891

Raunchy.6891

1. More PvE focus

Only 2 out of 5 of those GM traits seem useful. The distortion one seems ok but not very useful in most situations.

You can say it’s too early to tell, but you know just from looking what is useful and what isn’t. Especially since they’ve given specifics for a few of these.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shtos Vant.4182

Shtos Vant.4182

The 3sec distortion will be used by PvE players.
With the MegaServer System (use the monster truck announcer voice in your head, complete with echos as you read it), Anet is aiming to for everyone to have “fun” with well balanced social interactions and successful boss runs in the PvE world.
This means lots of killing poor little npcs in droves.
You kill things fast enough in PvE to make use of 3sec of distortion.

WvW you don’t. Downing happens, but killing is slower except in massive zergs, when 3 secs of distortion won’t save your skin in the thick of things. (How does distortion affect Crowd Control?)

Try counting the number of times Anet uses the word “fun” in their April 15th previews.

Having fun on Kaineng [SKY]

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

To me the new GM traits are like jack of all trades but excel at nothing (with power lock a bit more interesting), going deeper would be a bit off topic though. I do hope we got more glamour buff in the future though.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

With the MegaServer System (use the monster truck announcer voice in your head, complete with echos as you read it), Anet is aiming to for everyone to have “fun” with well balanced social interactions and successful boss runs in the PvE world.

Here’s what you’re forgetting. You kill things fast enough to make use of it…but you don’t need it because PvE is so easy. It also conflicts with empowering mantras.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Raunchy.6891

Raunchy.6891

Here’s what you’re forgetting. You kill things fast enough to make use of it…but you don’t need it because PvE is so easy. It also conflicts with empowering mantras.

Pretty much this. I would rather be doing more damage than mitigating it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

1. Distortion on death trait
2. Distortion reflects trait
3.???
4.Zergfest

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

1. Distortion on death trait
2. Distortion reflects trait
3.???
4.Zergfest

Call me a pessimist but I have counter theory work.

If you are already winning, you will be procing distortion non stop. But then again you are already winning. 5 deaths mean a lot to a ~25 man zerg, especially if they are the combo field makers.

If you are losing, This trait will be null. A zerg that is losing will hardly kill anyone. Not only that but you have to make sure to tag the enemy before they die.

Of course this will be useful for you (unless you are the commander). Tell me, what can non-commander Mesmer do to help a zerg after their Feedback and Null Field is gone?

I’m not trying to be that rude jerk, but I see little potential in this skill for zergs.

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

1. More PvE focus

nope its not too early to tell. its very very clear how useless they are. 1k healing power?a joke and definitely a recycled gm trait originally intended for another class
distortion AFTER kill, useless in wvw, useful in pve
the only one i wanna try out is the interrupt domination gm trait. the rest is not worth specing into at all.
pyro is right. the devs didnt put ANY effort into mesmer this patch at all! they fixe bugs that should have been fixed a long time ago. we ran around with a completely broken iwarden and many other bugs for way too long. and now the devs try to make it look like they put work into our class by fixing these bugs and trwoing the most random gm traits i have ever seen at us.
but they didnt spend time at all, thats why im still gonna be a squishy noring veilbot if i use my mesmer in wvw! im still not getting better loot in pve raids, im still unwanted in tpvp and still hated in hotjoin.
if anything the mesmer will be completely pushed out of the meta because other classes got more attention from the devs!

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

The fan weapon thing appears to be pure speculation – unless they add in class unique weapons then any ‘Fan’ weapon will probably just be a Focus.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw a new weapon though. Scepter is so niche that I wouldn’t mind seeing some more variety.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Pretty much gave up hope on what we get next week. The game is pretty stale since forever and unless they give us some real content, I am playing something else.

The new traits look less than promising for PvE, combined with the vigor nerf, Mesmers will be even worse in open world (at least for shatter specs).

The China release has just caused real content to be pushed back, and yeah, old stuff is boring (and don’t start with the LS crap)…

in Mesmer

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

Eh, Idk. I’m more excited for the torment shatter anyway. I mainly roam so I should have probably not said anything. It was just a thought really.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”