When Did I Start Cheering for Thieves??

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sparda.9750

Sparda.9750

in Mesmer

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

I know I’m going to get flamed but as a mesmer main we need a nerf.

Ya it was good to kitten on thieves after the patch and blow everyone up but you start to realize how unbalanced it is.

Looking back before the patch you start to realize we didn’t have it all that bad. We were only hard countered by 1 class in 1 game mode running 1 specific build….our other builds weren’t hard countered by thieves. The rest of the classes we could kill. That’s pretty darn good in my book.

Going forward we need to identify what needs to be nerfed that won’t break our class.

So I can see why the OP found himself rooting for the thief and I would have too

in Mesmer

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

Gee, when I worry about thieves, I just think “Consume Plasma” and I’m good.

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

in Mesmer

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Gee, when I worry about thieves, I just think “Consume Plasma” and I’m good.

Mesmer trumps thieves now.

Heck pre patch mesmer was only countered as power shatter…

in Mesmer

Posted by: ResJudicator.7916

ResJudicator.7916

Mes vs Thief is pretty even now if the thief is any good, as long as the thief can LOS or stealth-disengage after baiting out the first distortion.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xtinct.7031

Xtinct.7031

You obviously haven’t fought a Good condi thief yet.
Right now that’s mesmer hard counter… and it’s pretty much a one sided fight. Stop roaming and go do some real dueling in OS for a bit.

You seem to forget, even a good condi thief has to be revealed to apply condi dmg. This does not apply to a condi mesmer.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

You obviously haven’t fought a Good condi thief yet.
Right now that’s mesmer hard counter… and it’s pretty much a one sided fight. Stop roaming and go do some real dueling in OS for a bit.

You seem to forget, even a good condi thief has to be revealed to apply condi dmg. This does not apply to a condi mesmer.

You seem to forget, the patch removed all clone death builds from the game. Please try and keep with the times…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Necrotize.2974

Necrotize.2974

If by condi mesmer you mean a staff autoattack clone mesmer then sure. No condi mesmer will be applying dangerous stacks of conditions just by staying in stealth. Thief is the same way. In stealth they can do things like Caltrops and Bewildering Ambush. Out of stealth, their condi burst becomes much higher.