Which Sigils for PU?

Which Sigils for PU?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Slalom.3174

Slalom.3174

Q:

I haven’t played my mesmer for over a year.
Just for fun I thought I would make a WvW roamer using a condition PU build.
Why Condition? Because I had several condition pieces lying around my bank.

So here is the build I want to try:
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQNArfWlknpRtlpxTNcrNSpxY6cO6GSGQFlsjyB-TVTBABUoEEijAwlqFE4+DMYC6F9BVqCBSKxISVlFMxoxDA4LlHAcKACAgAYoFahmbezhGSBYxaA-w

The off-hand is set to torch, but I can go pistol and will adjust traits accordingly. Will swap out a focus when more speed is needed.

Anyway, I am conflicted about which sigils to choose.
I am not big on Condition duration in WvW (too many clears and duration reductions).
Energy on one, for sure, will help pump out clones (this will be the fun part).
Force will provide a little boost to DPS.

Other builds suggest Accuracy, Agony, Corruption (stacking, ehh), Doom. The list is quite long.

Someday, maybe I can even afford Torment. hehe

So…opinions?

“Please accept my text in the jovial, friendly manner that it is intended.”

Which Sigils for PU?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

For condition PU, you shoul have double energy sigils, no exceptions. In addition to those, I prefer double doom, but there’s room to play around with those.

Which Sigils for PU?

in Mesmer

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

i agree with above the double energy is nice. I also run double doom to keep that poison up. One sigil that works nicely with doom is sigil of hydromancy. The chill+damage on weapon swap also procs the sigil of doom poison. So if you are within melee range when you weapon swap you get an almost 99% guarantee application (unless they dodge right at the moment you swap weapons) of poison and chill. And if you aren’t in melee range when you weapon swap no biggie, sigil of doom still queues up like normal.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

Which Sigils for PU?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

i agree with above the double energy is nice. I also run double doom to keep that poison up. One sigil that works nicely with doom is sigil of hydromancy.

I never run hydromancy in PU. The issue is that the aoe hit of hydromancy is a standard hit that will reveal you if you swap weapons near someone while in stealth. This restricts your combat options fairly significantly at points.

Which Sigils for PU?

in Mesmer

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

i agree with above the double energy is nice. I also run double doom to keep that poison up. One sigil that works nicely with doom is sigil of hydromancy.

I never run hydromancy in PU. The issue is that the aoe hit of hydromancy is a standard hit that will reveal you if you swap weapons near someone while in stealth. This restricts your combat options fairly significantly at points.

True, I agree with that and i have noticed that in the past in some occasions. I tend to use it with that in mind, were i’ll consider my stealth before a weapon swap (almost as if it was a 6th weapon skill if that makes sense). I also run sword/pistol + scepter/torch(hydro’s in my offhand torch) so my weapon swap happens right after sword swap>blurred frenzy combo. They’re usually imob’d so they get hit with chill, poison right on that weapon swap, which then leaves me open to stealth if need be.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB