Which build are you running?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kelthien.8593

Kelthien.8593

Hey all!

I’m starting to get tired of my build and would love some fresh build ideas!

I’ve been running with GS/Staff
20 Domination (For 20% GS reduction)
20 Dueling (Clone on dodge, bleed, etc)
30 Illusions (Shatter on self, confusion duration)

Last night, I tried a “clones cause X when killed” build and enjoyed it, though I had a tough time making it work as cleanly as the shatter heavy build.

What are you running and how’s it work for you?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Suzut.4905

Suzut.4905

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/GUIDE-sPVP-Hybrid-Phantasm-Mesmer/first#post93608

I run a Phantasm Hybrid build. That is, I focus on Precision to allow Phantasms to hit with crits and conditions. Duelists apply lots of Bleeding and Warlock hits like a truck with lots of unique conditions on the target plus a 79% chance to crit.

(edited by Suzut.4905)

in Mesmer

Kelthien.8593

@Suzut:

Nice! I love that. I’ve been thinking of swapping to a phantasm build. The Phantasm skills are all over the place on the trait trees, but you’ve picked up a nice set of them for sure. I absolutely love the Warlock and Duelist. HUGE damage on both!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aryc.3875

Aryc.3875

I’m using clone death build

I love that it gets aoe through clone death and rewards me for using my cooldowns.

in Mesmer

Posted by: IIntrude.8903

IIntrude.8903

I’m using clone death build

I love that it gets aoe through clone death and rewards me for using my cooldowns.

Same here. I have been enjoying the non-shatter build for a few days. I ran my first Dungeon last night and besides the fact that it seemed like a mindless zerg-fest I was enjoying my build and using my clone cooldowns nearly non-stop. I am using S/S as my main goto and then swapping with S/F for the pull and the Warden AoE which is pretty darn impressive when stacked with Time Loop, Swordsman or Blurred Frenzy.

Been enjoying the build in PvP too, as it does seem to add to the chaos.

in Mesmer

Posted by: True Seeker.3682

True Seeker.3682

Ironically as I am rallying against people who are saying Phantasm Power builds are the only route in other threads… I am using a Phantasm Power build at the moment haha. I just also use other builds as I level up.

Mesmerizing

in Mesmer

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

Illusion/Clone death with Adventurer runes and Endurance on weapon swap sigils is one of the more entertaining builds around. Spend half the fight hopping around invulnerable while illusions die and mess with the enemy.

Currently I’m running a GS//Sword/Focus WvW build using condition/toughness gear (Rabid stat spread) because Order of Whispers kitten armor happens to have those silly stats. Sigh. I’ll get some real stats for the build soon though … and then I will do so much damage that my enemies will flop over instantly. I’m also missing any measurable stats on all my accessories, have no runes, no sigils, no gems.

I get a kitten just thinking about how badly I will thrash people when I actually get gear. Brb, time to go get gear.

Edit: WHY IS B A D A S S CENSORED?! That’s so egregious I don’t care if I get an infraction for bypassing the filter.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Killua.8041

Killua.8041

I’m using a Sword/Focus + Pistol build. I even posted it as a guide in this section.

O Killua O – Asura Mesmer | Killuas – Asura Engineer
Bookah Protector – Asura Guardian | Trapped Spirit – Asura Necromancer

in Mesmer

Kelthien.8593

@Killua

I’ll have to check that out! I hadn’t thought much of builds that don’t take full advantage of weapon swap, but it’s definitely intriguing!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sinia.9721

Sinia.9721

I am using a Dual Sword/Greatsword Build, that is focused on Phantasms. I have 25 Inspiration (For 15% more damage) and 20 in Domination (for GS CD) and 20 in Dueling (for clone dodge/sword cd) and the remaining 5 are in Illusion for the CD reduction on the summoning skills.

Level 80 Sylvari Mesmer: Xilla
Leader of Bracer.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vyl.7084

Vyl.7084

10 Domination with Empowered Illusions
15 Dueling with Phantasmal Fury
25 Inspiration with Persisting Images and Compounding Celerity (2nd is optional)
20 Illusion with Compounding Power and Phantasmal Haste?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

30 dom (w 3x mantras), 30 dueling (w/ 4% dmg/mantra), and 10 dueling. 3 mantras + blink and mass invis using GS and sword or scepter +pistol.
Mostly just for wvw, since crit damage can get to insane amounts.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma