Which greatsword looks good with purple beam

in Mesmer

Posted by: Phira.3970

Phira.3970

Which great sword looks best with the purple beam?

I think Twilight looks best

But its too expensive.

Foefire’s Essence

[&AgFleQAA]

Light blue + Bright Purple? Hmm

Vision of the Mists

[&AgFMeQAA]

I think Vision of the Mists, already being purple, might be boring since it doesn’t add anything new however.

Volcanus

[&AgFNeQAA]

Not sure if the orange fire looks good with bright purple.

Fractal greatsword ( I have )

It looks good but its too fat imo.

in Mesmer

Posted by: AnemoneMeer.7182

AnemoneMeer.7182

Ebon Vanguard Greatsword is almost completely consumed by the beam except for the handle, so I personally love it for my mesmer.

in Mesmer

Phira.3970

I can upload video of mesmer and fractal greatsword if there is a request.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rhaps.8540

Rhaps.8540

Asuran cultural greatsword the Peacemaker looks really good with mesmer imo. Obviously it’s what I use It has purple glowing bits, purple lightning flashes and even leaves a faint trail of effects when you move about. It looks more like a caster weapon than an actual melee weapon with the floating parts etc and it’s perfectly symetrical so looks good when it’s spinning about. All that and it only costs Karma, what’s not to like?

http://dulfy.net/2012/11/07/gw2-greatsword-skin-gallery/#42

Incidently I also use the peacemaker staff skin for the same reasons.

Seafarer’s Rest – Guild Leader The Deamon Army [TDA]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sabyne.6329

Sabyne.6329

Nightmare greatsword (the one you buy with Twilight arbor tokens).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mathai.5172

Mathai.5172

I personally love the Mystic Claymore. The blue of the weapon goes nicely with the purple/blue of the spell. And because the claymore has a gap in the middle you see the spell channel through that part of the weapon to neat effect as well. =)

in Mesmer

Posted by: NeuroMuse.1763

NeuroMuse.1763

I want to second what Rhaps has said the Asuran Cultural Greatsword looks fantastic shooting GS lazers http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/gw2-peacemaker-greatsword.jpg any race can buy/use the cultural weapons.

in Mesmer

Phira.3970

Found video of mesmer and vision of the mists

in Mesmer

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

I like the Peacemaker GS. It’s purple, has lightning effect (just like Spatial Surge) and with all those floaty bits the weapon looks really good. Also the purple trace is nice.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

in Mesmer

Phira.3970

If anybody has volcanus or foefire’s essence, can you post a picture or video of it with 1 spam? I want to see how beam looks with those 2

in Mesmer

Posted by: Velladin.2578

Velladin.2578

Foefire Essence

Attachments:

in Mesmer

Posted by: Velladin.2578

Velladin.2578

Another Picture Since Anet doesn’t let me upload more than 1 photo

Attachments:

in Mesmer

Posted by: potelli.1749

potelli.1749

I personally use Priory’s Historical Greatsword. With reflections turned to “All” the sword’s blade reflects the beam and with the fact that you can see through the sword makes it super sweet.

Attachments:

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

IMO – nothing single sided.

I love single sided blades I do/have done for years: Aikido, Iaido, Kendo, and Niten ichi Ryu (not of the more commercialized Gosho-ha school)

So I have a bias towards things like CoF’s GS/ seriminial/ order of whisper’ GS but to shoot a purple beam from… It’s feels and seems sooo awkward.

I love AC GS when it’s not glowing the blade is awesome looks like a nice cutting edge both ways (so looks cool with blurred frenzy animation bug for RP) and great beam! Plus glows! Only problem is after going through lots of GS

( Ebonblade -> ebon hawk GS -> Khrysaor -> peacemaker -> find myself settling on AC)

It sux cuz EVERYONE AND THIR MOTHER HAS IT!

Though I think Etched Avenger could look pretty cool with it.

Right now I’m going for foe fires essence but no armor smithing and 4g to my name…. This is gonna take a while.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

(edited by Daishi.6027)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dan.8709

Dan.8709

I use AC’s as well haha, it just looks way too god, day and night.
But yeah, tons of people use it, so some won’t like it because of this.

I want to get twilight and visions of the mist sometime to have different looks available.

Daniel Cousland – Darkhaven

(edited by Dan.8709)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

I simply use a Darksteel Greatsword because I don’t have enough mats for Vision of the Mists just yet (and because it’s currently bugged and looks like 2 greatswords overlapping eachother).

Reason I chose the Darksteel one was because it looks like a regular greatsword (same model as Vision), but with darker metal and white hilt instead of lighter metal and brown hilt.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/b/bb/Darksteel_Greatsword.jpg

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chrissy Chan.4573

Chrissy Chan.4573

I run a Breath of Flame (of Fire!) on my mesmer, but she has a red theme. I haven’t seen too many other players use this greatsword, so it’s been my preference for a while now.

I even ran CoE a bunch of times to get a matching sword and pistol. :P

Attachments:

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

I personally use Priory’s Historical Greatsword. With reflections turned to “All” the sword’s blade reflects the beam and with the fact that you can see through the sword makes it super sweet.

I use that too, it is very mesmerish in my opinion.

in Mesmer

Posted by: AmateurGod.5403

AmateurGod.5403

My Tier 3 Silvary magic glass greatsword me makes super proud. <3

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lyer.1905

Lyer.1905

Does anyone have a video of a mesmer using volcanus?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Guardian.5142

Guardian.5142

The color could be better, but it works pretty well for mine and didn’t costs much. Beaded Claymore. A few clipping issues, but for now it looks pretty good.

Attachments:

What did ANET do when the sheer mass of the event ZERG was too much for the server to support?
They had to SPAWN MORE OVERFLOWS!

(edited by Guardian.5142)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos.3579

Chaos.3579

Peacemaker greatsword is just perfect for mesmer.
1) blade) Mesmers do not use the greatsword as a melee weapon…so what use do they have for a blade? The peacemaker greatsword has no blade.

2) color/effects) the peacemaker greatsword is purple(Mesmers color), and on top of that it has some sick effects.

3) it’s cheap as hell. So very little grind

in Mesmer

Posted by: chocomamma.1539

chocomamma.1539

With Twilight, he looked like an evil Mesmer

“Insert enemy name here” eat lead pew pew pew :p

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Go figure, I’m starting to feel bad for myself. I’m just rocking Dhuumseal. Although death imagery + purple death-ray isn’t too horrid

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Mesmer

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I’m working towards getting a vision of the mist after I’m done with my 2nd legendary. It reminds me of psylocke’s psychic katana and I’d like my character to look like her.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Ebon Vanguard Greatsword is almost completely consumed by the beam except for the handle, so I personally love it for my mesmer.

The Ebon Vanguard weapons look really good due to their simple but stylish nature, in general.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

http://dulfy.net/2012/11/07/gw2-greatsword-skin-gallery/#13b

Huge fan of the Fellblade. You can’t see it in the screen shots but it has a faint purple glow to it. Comes from Hall of Monuments.

I’m using it till I eventually come up with a Vision of the Mists (cause yea it’s purple but still looks cool IMO).

Kodiak X – Blackgate

(edited by Kodiak.3281)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Greyalis.2309

Greyalis.2309

I am currently a fan of the Vision of the Mists greatsword. It’s entire model screams mesmer—it’s pink, it’s an illusion, and It’s called Vision of the Mists, as if that doesn’t scream illusionary. It also has a sort of aristocratic mesmery feel to it as it’s not a huge blade, it’s rather thin but long. It’s actually one of my favorite skins for a greatsword period as it also has two hilts reminding me of my favorite kind of sword—something like a danish great sword that has an elongated ricasso enabling the user to grip the blade for usage optimization.

Here is a vid of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZpGw4Q8l1w

Self Is The Emblem All

in Mesmer

Posted by: deltanium.7543

deltanium.7543

The Historical Priory greatsword: Transparent with some purplish reflections(colorblind, I might be wrong)
Nevertheless, love that weapon set.

in Mesmer

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

The Ebon Vanguard weapons look really good due to their simple but stylish nature, in general.

Yes! Very much agree, love the Ebon Vanguard weapons. I use the one-handed sword on my mesmer.

in Mesmer

Daishi.6027

I show up to town and see tons of ppl with AC GS and it makes me want to reroll the skin again ><!

warnning picky preference incoming
Peacemaker is the low rank pvp weapons so that turns it off for me. (And the hilt sucks)
Historic needs A wider hilt IMO.
Vigil is… Like a giant paddle.
Whispers is one sided.
Beaded looks like a giant tounge.
Don’t quite like the glyphic style for the great swords. (Love glyphic swords I use a red in main hand and blue off hand for a cool contrast. To bad no green)
Breath of flame looks like a wall hanger.
Etched avenger is too short.
Mystic and inquest has a big hole in it.
And strait up Eff all of the plant weapons.

Maybe CM GS sword?

But then I come back to -> can that compare with night glow effect with an equally good look during the day… Countered by a better over all blade for CM really only has the nice hilt?

WTB-> AC blade with the wing hilt of CM sword!

Maybe I’ll wait till update and we may have new skins.

Kitten the kittenish kittens (I actually wrote “k.i.t.t.e.n” not the swear filter)

600$ foe fire TAKE MY MONEY!

Yeah I’m a little nuts IGNORE ME!

(edited by Daishi.6027)

in Mesmer

Phira.3970

I just got twilight and I must say……… It doesn’t look too good with light armor. It’s a bit too “masculine looking” (rough, sharp, etc..) for light armor.

Also, My character is female and the hilt on the twilight is so large that it covers almost the entire back view of my characters head.

Nonetheless, the animation with mesmer spells look very good during combat .

But I recommend peacemaker. It looks better than Twilight when not in combat (imo).

in Mesmer

Posted by: kandolo.2574

kandolo.2574

I can’t imagine a better greatsword for a Mesmer than the Vision of the Mists. Just forged mine today.

Attachments:

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lyer.1905

Lyer.1905

Yeah I have one too and it’s great. The because of the way the spatial surge graphic works, the entire sword lights up whenever it fires.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aank.4837

Aank.4837

I use that too, it is very mesmerish in my opinion.

Me too, don’t usually spend that much on one skin but it’s too perfect not to. Tho I wish they hadn’t tweeked the look of it with this last patch. the tablet doesn’t look broken and the tip of the blade isn’t cut straight across anymore. Still love it tho.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Priory Greatsword sounds pretty cool. The beam reflected in the glass would be a neat effect. Now I’m sad my Mesmer is in Whispers.

I imagine the Warden Greatsword would look pretty nice for a similar reason, though. Its also got the reflective glass look to it.

I personally grabbed the Wintersday Greatsword skin and am using that on my Mesmer, though. The glowing rune is pretty Mesmer-ish (and also pretty Sylvari-ish, which is perfect since my Mesmer is Sylvari) and its really the only GS moveset that makes any sense whatsoever for a wooden weapon. Using a wood weapon to smack people in the face… lol, no.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

I personally think the Priory weapons are ugly and that the Peacemaker greatsword is hideous, but I agree with the sentiment that Vision of the Mists does look good with all mesmers. I mean, it’s practically made for us!

If nothing else though, try this: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lionguard_Sword_

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in Mesmer

Posted by: Oglethorpe.5369

Oglethorpe.5369

Priory Greatsword sounds pretty cool. The beam reflected in the glass would be a neat effect. Now I’m sad my Mesmer is in Whispers.

You should be able to get the Priory GS on another character and transmute it onto a white GS (take the Priory skin and the white item’s stats) to make it Account Bound, then you can give it to your Mesmer.

In my opinion, no Greatsword even comes close to Vision of the Mists for Mesmers, especially if you have a purple/pink dye scheme (I use a combination of Charcoal/Persephone/Midnight Purple). Peacemaker’s Greatsword is a distant second, but a lot easier to get in the meantime.

Time Chamber to the [PAST], Fort Aspenwood
Tirian – Human Mesmer | Oglethorpe – Human Necromancer
Bigbeard the Grey – Norn Guardian | Emoury – Human Thief

in Mesmer

Daishi.6027

Old post I know, but does anyone have a visual of Fused Greatsword skin while using Spatial Surge?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

I’m personally using Khrysaor, the Golden Sword. It matches my outfit perfectly and I think it’s a beautiful sword.

Attachments:

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU