Who do you fear when roaming?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

I fear a few really good thieves. I don’t know their names but I know their playing style and looks. There are 1 or 2 on every server . Other than that I actively seek to fight pretty much every other person.

in Mesmer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

I’m currently playing a Hybrid PU Staff/Sc+P build, and only fear certain very aggressive Necro’s and PU GS Mesmers.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

Play Hidden Cat, PU GS /s/t, travaler runes and longer blink. Only fear other PU mesemer curently. Still some skilled thiefs I need to stealth, drop out of combat and change the GS for a staff or s/s-Scepter/torch.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Mogar.9216

Play Hidden Cat, PU GS /s/t, travaler runes and longer blink. Only fear other PU mesemer curently. Still some skilled thiefs I need to stealth, drop out of combat and change the GS for a staff or s/s-Scepter/torch.

/Osicat

Do you get the feeling when you fight another PU mesmer that it comes down to timing of stealth? While I use PU and abuse it to the max at the same time I feel that it has really dumbed down 1 v 1 vs other mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

Currently playing a condition mesmer. Don’t like to fight really good phantasm mesmers. Other than that, I really need do mess things up pretty bad to lose on a 1 × 1 situation.

[HUE]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I fear really good players :/

But in terms of what class I fear, its only the very extreme condition builds. With PU and mantra+menders (and sometimes null field) even that can be too much. Necros that spam 6 conditions every second especially. Most other things I can wear down or burst before they can do the same to me.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

/Osicat

Do you get the feeling when you fight another PU mesmer that it comes down to timing of stealth? While I use PU and abuse it to the max at the same time I feel that it has really dumbed down 1 v 1 vs other mesmers.

Timing and in some ways understanding of mesmer mecanic. When I find another mesmer in PU with pistol or GS is alot about who get phantasm out and who dont. A smart blind when a GS mesmer cast and he will sit with a usles image as only offensive phantasm a full cd. So interupts and blinds is wery important in this fights, same with LOS, why i love 1200yard blink, to blink away just as a pistol mesmer cast a duelist give “out of range” and u can stealth, target and cast your own phantasm.

/osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Valarauka.2719

Valarauka.2719

Really good thieves and warriors, specially when there’s more than one of ’em.

Single warriors are generally not a problem unless I have to fight in an enclosed space (like dueling over a Ruin or something), but in tight quarters they can be a nightmare.

Solo thieves are always an interesting duel, going against the good ones can be a scary experience. Generally comes down to avoiding backstabs (blink, stealth, well-timed dodges and blocks), and being able to burst HARD after you knock them out of stealth.

Multiples of the above in any combination are very hard to deal with, and I usually run away.

Gate of Madness :: [LIVE] :: [OMFG]
Fiona Oberyn :: Mesmer ~ Valthaniel :: Guardian

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fray.3417

Fray.3417

2x D/P thieves are a pain to fight. 1v1 most things are fine if you use terrain and choose your fights carefully. Really good condition warriors can wake you up, but there aren’t really many about tbh.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

Dire P/D thieves and Terrormancers. 2skilld4me

elite specs ruined pvp.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I fear everyone (when I’m not in a zerg). I’m a terrible WvW/PvP player. XD

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wolvenheart.9681

Wolvenheart.9681

I fear I’m going to do all that trouble to kill someone, just to end up with them running away or just stealth, wait a few moments and port because I don’t use a focus offhand.

It’s really off putting. People don’t even try nomore, they got this idea in their mind, ohh mesmer, no use trying, let’s run. Like THAT is going to teach you how to fight them. Heck, how am I supposed to practice?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

I fought a really good ranger tonight, was reigning health like a feind and evading everywhere, was a really long fight but was able to drop me in the end most damage came from conditions and pets. Don’t know the build but was supper annoying to fight.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in Mesmer

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

/Osicat

Yeah, it really does come down to stealth timing. It was the same way back in the old Phant mesmer days. Phant v Phant came down to correct use of veil most of the time (From my experience, anyway).

I fought a really good ranger tonight, was reigning health like a feind and evading everywhere, was a really long fight but was able to drop me in the end most damage came from conditions and pets. Don’t know the build but was supper annoying to fight.

Was probably running RRR.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Mesmer

Mogar.9216

Ye you see one of those once in a blue moon. I think the problem is that their damage mostly come from the pet. If you keep an eye on the pet and time your dodges you should do fine.

in Mesmer

Posted by: SnubFighter.7613

SnubFighter.7613

Healing signet warriors but only in WvW where they are buffed to the moon with food and the like. It’s always depressing to see 1000+dmg ticks healed instantly.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

I “fear” no-one. But I have to say the classes that generally give me most trouble are Necros, Thieves and Elementalists. If they know what they are doing, they are usually able to drop me without me (playing condition Mesmer) ever being able to seriously harm them. And every time I wish I could fight them a couple times more to practice and try to improve. But there I am, laying dead on the ground and knowing they will be long gone until I’m there again. And even if I feel great respect due to them outplaying me so much, I can’t even /bow or something… after all, I’m dead. Corpses don’t make emotes. And saying something in chat won’t work either.

in Mesmer

Posted by: oWeakSauce.5862

oWeakSauce.5862

As long as it’s a 1v1, I fear no one. That doesn’t mean I win every fight though. It just comes up to how fast you can tell what your up against and what you need to do to react to it (play more defensively or offensively). Only condition heavy Necro can bring caution, but once you see them running away from you the fight is over halfway in your favor.

in Mesmer

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

/Osicat

ive been running this build for ages and you stick cat on the end of it and wham

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

(edited by RedCobra.7693)

in Mesmer

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

actually i apologise :C i saw the build and other than 30 in chaos our traits and gear are completely different, how would you deal with an immobilise heavy group osi?

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

in Mesmer

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

pretty much any very high stealthy thief…i usually don’t have a problem with thieves but it’s the ones that are literally out of stealth for one or two seconds that screw me up. It’s mainly because I constantly drop target and most skills I can’t use because i have to have a target.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

actually i apologise :C i saw the build and other than 30 in chaos our traits and gear are completely different, how would you deal with an immobilise heavy group osi?

There’s more, but just a 1200 blink deals with this. The distance you can open with it allows you to just wait out even stacked imob, then you just continue doing your thing.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

I was going to say I only fear being outnumbered, but I’ve recently gotten absolutely demolished by a couple of necros who have taken me down so quickly I couldn’t even respond. I have no idea what they were doing (which is why I need to roll a necro) but it seemed to be heavy condition damage and also some direct damage.

Unfortunately WvW also really isn’t an even playing field. I don’t have ascended gear or WvW buffs, and that I’m sure plays a role. Plus I had the skills enabled that I use to help out in my havoc group, such as portal, rather than the ones I use for dueling classes like necros.

Still, I need to find ways to adapt to them.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

I was going to say I only fear being outnumbered, but I’ve recently gotten absolutely demolished by a couple of necros who have taken me down so quickly I couldn’t even respond. I have no idea what they were doing (which is why I need to roll a necro) but it seemed to be heavy condition damage and also some direct damage.

Unfortunately WvW also really isn’t an even playing field. I don’t have ascended gear or WvW buffs, and that I’m sure plays a role. Plus I had the skills enabled that I use to help out in my havoc group, such as portal, rather than the ones I use for dueling classes like necros.

Still, I need to find ways to adapt to them.

The nice thing about wvw is that you can change your skills/food on the fly. I know that Kylia would actually run with 1 of his utility slots open, so he could rapidly select the right utility before entering a fight.

You can change your food at any time, no restrictions. If a fight with a condie necro is going bad, eat some lemongrass-poultry soup real quick. Once you have it under control, switch back to an offensive food.

You just need to remember that in WvW, you’re liable to be jumped on at any time from any direction, and keep your awareness at an appropriate level.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Valarauka.2719

Valarauka.2719

Condition necro bomb tends to be Scepter/Dagger bleeds, then Signet of Spite (instantly gives you nearly every condition) followed by a fear-chain (staff mark, spectral wall, DS #3).
Blink away, stealth, then come back and hit ‘em with phantasms; Fear alone ticks for 1100+ usually, but you can stun-break out of it and if you get out of 1200 range they can’t continue the chain.
If you’re >900 range, or if you’re stealthed, they can’t continue to load you up with conditions (Sc/D both are 900, they can still hit you with staff but that’s MUCH lower pressure) and you have time to recover. Kiting them at max GS range tends to work really well.

Gate of Madness :: [LIVE] :: [OMFG]
Fiona Oberyn :: Mesmer ~ Valthaniel :: Guardian

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I fear really good players :/
<snip>

Heh, this.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

Thanks for the advice. Usually this all happens in a few seconds before I can even do much to respond, but I’ve never considered stealthing, blinking, and then coming back a few seconds later. Which is a good idea.

I’m still getting adjusted from PvP, where I run with better dueling utilities and the stats are lower so it’s not as easy to burn someone down that quickly. (And where there aren’t WvW buffs and equipment tier differences.)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

Ye you see one of those once in a blue moon. I think the problem is that their damage mostly come from the pet. If you keep an eye on the pet and time your dodges you should do fine.

You’re better off tacking on -cond duration % food. The pets don’t deal anywhere as much damage if they can’t hit you. They are dumb as hell. It’s the ranger’s soft CCs that are doing all the background work. If you drop those freezes and cripples quicker, the pet is little more than a yappy dog that can’t quite touch you for the most part.

Also, if you’re fighting a condition ranger, those conditions do a hell of a lot more damage than people give credit for… especially the poisons which sap 33% of your heals while being relatively easy to tack on.

Keeping on the subject of this thread though, would say the terrormancer necros and certain pesky thieves.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sunreva.8714

Sunreva.8714

I run my own builds, typically gs/staff, staff sword/sword, staff sword/pistol ect, each has its pros and cons vs other classes/builds. But all in all, I don’t fear anything, and the easiest targets ironically, are PU mesmers. Typically they’re built around the mediocre survival PU meta which uses the torch, and as such, their DPS is effectively kitten (regardless if they use a GS on a power/phantasm build). The condition PU mesmers are even easier to bring down, sadly.

The difficult & rare fights, I find, are typically from opponents who have broken the mold and play something out of the ordinary. A skilled opponent who is doing something you don’t anticipate, can throw you for a loop. I’ve seen this a few times with guardians and elementalists that use very unique builds.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silentshoes.1805

Silentshoes.1805

I read this wonderful guide and then I think of the smug comments I see on the sPvP forum about how simple GW2 PvP combat is, how incredibly easy it is…

The Alien (condi necro),That Wreckin Crew (Mesmer)
Silentshoes (Thief), Wind of the Woods (condi ranger)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

1v1 and I’m mostly ok, although I’m really starting to hate hammer warriors. Those guys are now almost as bad as the perma noob thief types.

As much as I hate to have to aim my skills, Osicat’s blink ideas are pretty good. Still, I feel like a dirty thief when I reset a fight like that.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Mesmer

Mogar.9216

1v1 and I’m mostly ok, although I’m really starting to hate hammer warriors. Those guys are now almost as bad as the perma noob thief types.

As much as I hate to have to aim my skills, Osicat’s blink ideas are pretty good. Still, I feel like a dirty thief when I reset a fight like that.

I have lost count on the number of times solo warriors who ran from me to reset fight , I wouldn’t feel bad if I were you.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

a good engi, because a good engi owns everything

in Mesmer

Posted by: UnknownFreak.2805

UnknownFreak.2805

Only thing I fear…. thief with 11k backstab followed by 10k Heartseeker. (Don’t ask how that happen on 2.2k toughness)

This is hopefully not going to happen ever again after the crit dmg nerf :o

Edit, I do not use full tank all the time like my signature says.

How to crashreport…
Someone say game crash must be related to OOM
when you read the log it’s not related to that whatsoever…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

Only thing I fear…. thief with 11k backstab followed by 10k Heartseeker. (Don’t ask how that happen on 2.2k toughness)

Don’t worry; I won’t ask. I was on my Thief who’s got 2,5k armor, and was hit by another Thief for two 11k backstabs, 5k CnD’s, an 8,5k heartseeker and 1-3k autoattacks. All in a matter of 10-15 seconds. He caught me off guard after I killed a sentry and my HP was going back up (I kinda facetanked the sentry to kill it faster haha).

And yes, I don’t have much experience with playing my Thief in WvW yet. Still, that doesn’t change the numbers.

Then again, it’s not easy to pull that off. This Thief simply outplayed me, and I wasn’t just angry, I also was a bit amazed haha.