Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

They can deal damage to you while stealth……

Why on earth is it a good idea to give mesmers stealth? They have clones. So while their clones are dealing damage to you you cannot hit them. You are wasting all your time killing their clones or just running away from them.

This is the definition of Over Powered. It means there is no counter to it in this game. You cant stop a mesmer from doing all the damage he wants while he hides in his safe little stealth.

Anyways glhf.

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Phantasm damage is insane yes. However! A phantasm mesmer will only have one maybe 2 stealths. and since our illusion summoning skills got nerfed in this last patch mesmer stealth is on a 40 sec CD and a 90 sec CD respectively. That is far from overpowered. And if the mesmer is taking torch then its one less phantasm you have to worry about laying into you because the pvp iMage just lol. no.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

They could potentially have Deceptive Decoy, but I agree, the stealths are all on long cooldowns with short durations.

There is no way to utilize the full duration of stealth while damaging without being Phantasms (or Condi-Damage) because any damage you deal will reveal you.

Although, technically it is possible to stealth, use the duration to spawn something, then shatter at the very end, but that’s more of a setup than a safe-button.

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Mesmer stealth is also lower duration -by far- than what a Thief can pull off. As for Phant spec: they’re harsh in a 1v1, but quickly lose effectiveness in 1vMultiple.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Palu.3405

Palu.3405

I’m sorry, but I’m going to have to vehemently disagree with you and state that just about everything you said is incredibly misinformed.

First of all, you talk about clones doing damage. The only clones that do damage are those that apply conditions. Presumably you had difficulty facing a condition mesmer (maybe it was me, I just came from a lovely WvW session).

Why would you run away from clones? They will follow you until the ends of the earth pretty much. If you need to deal with clones, it’s best to destroy them from range lest you trigger any of the on-death clone traits and find yourself bleeding and crippled.

While most of a condition mesmer’s damage comes from his clones, a substantial chunk also comes from the mesmer himself. This means that when the mesmer is in stealth, you will be taking noticeably less damage. You can use that opportunity to destroy his illusions, heal, cleanse, etc. If you force a mesmer to waste his dodge rolls making clones, you just created a window in which you can focus down the mesmer.

What sort of condition removal are you using? If you have very little or none, then all condition builds across all classes are going to be an issue for you, not just the mesmer.

Did you try running away? Condition mesmers, by and large, have little to no access to swiftness nor any sort of passive movement speed boost. Also, the majority use staff and scepter/torch so they will have no way of immobilizing or crippling you to prevent your escape (I’m probably the only one that actually uses sword, haha).

Were you sure you were targeting the mesmer whenever you had a chance? Mesmers use light armor; even with lots of toughness we can’t handle extended periods of focused fire so we have to rely on stealth, teleports, and boons to augment our survivability. The best thing you can do is to be relentless when focusing us.

Finally, I would say that I don’t think any mesmers, let alone condition mesmers, are overpowered. We recently had several nerfs. Illusionist’s Celerity got moved up, which means that Decoy, one of our stealths, had its duration increased for most builds. As others have already stated, we don’t have tons of stealth. All our stealth skills have short durations on relatively long cooldowns (except maybe traited torch stealth) and we use them to drop target and gain boons, not to hide and let our clones do damage to you. I think what’s likely happening is that you’re not noticing the mesmer come out of stealth and you’re giving him extra time to damage you. Learning to focus the real mesmer and quickly reacquire your target when he leaves stealth will dramatically help you. I consider myself to be a pretty decent player. I can manage 1vX scenarios pretty well against less skilled players, but I’ve also faced very good players 1v1 who either killed me or came close to doing so.

At this point I’ve come to realize that 90% of the “Nerf (Insert Class Here)” threads are simply a product of a lack of understanding on the part of the OP. When I first started playing WvW I couldn’t kill a thief to save my life. Now I find them relatively easy to fight. The best thing to do is to analyze your own weaknesses and educate yourself about the classes that are giving you trouble. Doing those things will help you get better. Heck, you could even try playing a mesmer to learn more about our class. I think you would discover pretty quickly that it’s not the god-mode class you’re describing.

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mere Image.8376

Mere Image.8376

Please consider what calling for nerfs means to a PvE mesmer. You are stating how overpowered we are, like the many other QQ’ers, without even understanding what you’re complaining about or the implications a nerf would have for PvE Mesmers. At least understand the basics of your post’s argument (you obviousy have very little knowledge of how stealth actually functions for a mesmer).

Stealth, as its been pointed out, is on high cool down. Aside from being an ability we can’t abuse or spam, it also is not exceptionally valuable in PvE except for specific situations. For example, using Mass Invisibility, an elite skill on a 90 second cd, is hardly worth using in the average, everyday fights involving trash mobs. Perhaps useful for bypassing a group of them or rezzing a friend, but hardly overpowered.

Server: Ehmry Bay
Guild: Commanders of the Reborn Empire Nation [CORE]
Level 80 Professions: Mesmer, Warrior, Thief

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

They can deal damage to you while stealth……

Why on earth is it a good idea to give mesmers stealth? They have clones. So while their clones are dealing damage to you you cannot hit them. You are wasting all your time killing their clones or just running away from them.

This is the definition of Over Powered. It means there is no counter to it in this game. You cant stop a mesmer from doing all the damage he wants while he hides in his safe little stealth.

Anyways glhf.

Have you met the Thief class yet?

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: BabyDuckie.3725

BabyDuckie.3725

…Doing those things will help you get better. Heck, you could even try playing a mesmer to learn more about our class. I think you would discover pretty quickly that it’s not the god-mode class you’re describing.

that is gold, once you played a class you would know how to counter

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

First, mesmers cannot stay steathed after an attack. Even if one of our clones attacks you while we are in stealth, we will instantly be revealed. It’s one of the biggest flaws to our #2 down skill.

Second, clones are easier to kill than pve mobs in Queensdale. Just let the aoes fly. For example, when I was running a full Rabid mesmer, I had considerable trouble dueling with a thief that used a shortbow. The autoattack would constantly kill my clones while sometimes hitting me as well.

Third, one of the very first nerfs mesmers received is a hit to the length of our stealth abilities. That was when it was OP. Now stealth is only used to break target-lock and for setups. That is a matter of player skill, not class skills.

Fourth, mesmers are DESIGNED to be a pain in the kitten to duel! If you really want to win against one you need to play one, learn how the skills work and learn how to exploit the weaknesses.

Fifth, the fact that you even think devs favor memsers shows your extreme lack of awareness. I’m hard-pressed to think of a class that has been nerfed more than us or even harder than us. Granted, I don’t keep up with engineers or rangers but all the other classes haven’t had to bend over and take it like we do. Hell, Portal alone has been nerfed on at least 3 separate occasions!

If the devs had a favorite, it would be warriors.

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

Smells like another novice who just stepped into PvP. We can’t possibly pay attention (though those above me obviously do) to every single person who comes in after getting beat by a mesmer.

A novice being beat is a normal thing. You need to practice more, not come to a forum and ask for nerfs. How well does it reflect on you that on a competitive game you shout for the others to be removed from the race instead of training to become better?

Anyone not a novice makes an easy difference between illusions and real mesmers, and as others pointed out, all stealths have long CDs. The shortest must be the Torch with 30 seconds, followed by Decoy with 40 seconds, and then we enter the realm of the 90 seconds.

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

First, mesmers cannot stay steathed after an attack. Even if one of our clones attacks you while we are in stealth, we will instantly be revealed. It’s one of the biggest flaws to our #2 down skill.

Our stealth works just fine while our clones attack, thank you. What removes us from stealth and does so TOO OFTEN is pressing stealth and a rebound from the Staff counting as an attack and pulling us out. In PvP it is deadly having to completely stop attacking for a few seconds to ensure the stealth won’t break. When we need stealth we need it NOW (much like interrupts).

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

I find it amusing how OP seems to think the devs favour mesmers (Condition mesmers in particular) when they have a kitten for totally uncalled for nerfs patch after patch and have all but destroyed condition mezzies.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cares Less.9631

Cares Less.9631

Wow, another week and another try from a person who can’t play calling for nerfs in something else, how predictable, OP, you have been answered by the community and you obviously have no clue, please go roll a Mesmer and try yourself, if that doesn’t work, I suggest listen to the advice you have been given, if that doesn’t work, maybe try work on your own play style. Next…

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kyla Jane.6138

Kyla Jane.6138

clones of any sort die fast, skills have insanely long cooldowns, mesmers have no mobility at all and a focus is compulsary lastly, power crit build means less pdef.

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ErraticFaith.9142

ErraticFaith.9142

Don’t worry alot more heavy mesmer nerfs are incoming. Mesmer needs to be nerfed into the ground. To the point it cant even take down chickens at godsword without backup from a guardian.

Once mesmer is the joke of PvP people will rest easy. Always sad when you realize your crap at playing yout main isnt it :/

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Don’t worry alot more heavy mesmer nerfs are incoming. Mesmer needs to be nerfed into the ground. To the point it cant even take down chickens at godsword without backup from a guardian.

Once mesmer is the joke of PvP people will rest easy. Always sad when you realize your crap at playing yout main isnt it :/

Then they will just start kittening about another class until that is nerfed into nothingness. They just want everyone playing the same class, same build, same weapons, same abilities

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

So why not just move that stealth dont have to increase its duration or anything just move it to a more useful and used weapon.

Which most likely will be:
- Warrior in PvE.
- Thief(Roaming)/Guardian(Zerg) in WvW.
- Engi/Necro in PvP (seeing how Skyhammer hugely favors those two).

And i can tell that the argument for further nerfs will be “but you got portal”.

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fenrir.5493

Fenrir.5493

This guy will not answer again, he made a polemic topic so the devs see it and nerf mesmers more, so YOU BETTER LET THIS TOPIC DIE.

I will not going to reply again, just saying stop replying to this already.

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ramiel.4931

Ramiel.4931

This guy will not answer again, he made a polemic topic so the devs see it and nerf mesmers more, so YOU BETTER LET THIS TOPIC DIE.

I will not going to reply again, just saying stop replying to this already.

You really think ANet needs more incentive to nerf mesmers? They already hate us with a passion and more nerfs are inevitable anyway.

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

Are you tired of waiting for mesmer nerfs?
Do you want to lose to a chicken today?

Well we here at herpasherpanerf (HHN Inc.) have the solution for you! Your mesmer could be losing to oversized chicken in just 5 minutes time!

All it takes is for you to follow these simple steps:
First, equip Polymorph Moa.
Second, USE Polymorph Moa.

If you followed these simple steps YOUR mesmer could also be losing to an oversized chicken TODAY!

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

The wording of the OP seems ever so slightly trollish and deliberately misinformed. Not gonna bite.

Gandara

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

we’re pretty squishy. I can die in 2 hits from a thief and have low mobility compared to other classes.

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: HANH.2459

HANH.2459

Hello, I am the "overpowered perma-invi god mode’ Mesmer that the OP mentioned about. My build is defensive+ supportive 0/0/30/10/30 confusion GLAM with Shaman stats

To his defense, he’s lvl 9 when i’m lvl 46 in pvp. And heck, guess what, he stays in all of my Glam and Chaos fields, eating all conditions possible including Torment from Counter and the Burn from Prestige when spends all the time beating my clones. And the weird thing is, while hes too busy smashing, he forgot to dodge any of my confusion shatter. He, the divine guardian proudly wielding his great sword spams skill 1 even he eats like 14 confusions.

And then he got into rage and started to vent:

He – You stayed perma invi. You hacker cheating!

Me – So what? Ur hammer knocked me down. Isn’t that cheating too?

He – Whatever. I’ll report you?

Ya, and then u know who came here crying to mama Anet. Thats the story how the “Overpowered perma-invi god mode” Mesmer can beat the spoiled love child of Anet.

(edited by HANH.2459)

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Goodness … and 0/0/30/10/30’s not even one of the Profession’s “Attacker” specs. I’d love to see what happens if the OP fights a Triforce or straight Condi-tank build …

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

i feel your pain Hanh
as a wvw player i barely play spvp….well only when my guild has a drinking night we go to the mysts. so yesterday i played spvp (not drunk) and had lots of fun even though the engineers and thieves destroyed me.
when a warrior joined our match the fun was over. he kept yelling at me how op my class was and how kittened i was for using moa and that i cheated with infinite blink(which i dont even use!!!). i had 1 invisible skill decoy and he was like yeah permastealthy b…. and he kept complaining how terrible mesmers were, but kept charging me in the same way over and over. all i pretty much did was running a circle around him and i use staff so i phase retreat a lot. cant wait till he comes here and makes a post too.

believe me engineers were able to lock me down quite easily and i kept dying, but this is part of spvp. at first u will die a lot until u got a build that works and it also depends on the team effort. i hate being yelled though, because i got clones and 1 guy manages to hit everything but me!

so what im trying to tell u op, is that u might wanna get to know a class first, before screaming nerf or making statements that arent true! wait until u get locked down by engi and chain stunned by thief, see u crying at the other profession forums!

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

@OP:
Instructions on how to beat a mesmer:
1. Learn and understand the class mechanics:
Reference materials: https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/the-game/professions/mesmer/
2. Beat a mesmer.

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

Taking “damage” from clones while not being able to hit the mesmer for 3 seconds is by no means overpowered.
There are counters to a mesmer using stealth, block for3 seconds or wahtever, when your block ends he comesout fo stealth and you can dodge his opener. Or you can just move far enough away so he cant open out of stealth… lots of counters imo.

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

You’re way off base. Do some research before you come on here complaining because some mesmer just killed you.

RIP in peace Robert

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

lol, the OP has not been back to defend this topic so I’d write it off as trolling.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Taking “damage” from clones while not being able to hit the mesmer for 3 seconds is by no means overpowered.
There are counters to a mesmer using stealth, block for3 seconds or wahtever, when your block ends he comesout fo stealth and you can dodge his opener. Or you can just move far enough away so he cant open out of stealth… lots of counters imo.

looks like u don’t even know the difference between clones and phantasms, as clones don’t deal a great dmg to u. phantasms do hit u hard, especially the berserker,but look at ranger pets that knock u down, thieves hit u from stealth all the time, necros knock u down, fear u off and destroy u real quick if u arent careful.

u dont seem to know what u even are taking about …3seconds or soo…u come across to us like this:

so, err some mesmer killed me and i died more than once to him, he was like perma invis and then he like stealthed for like 3 sec and was like invul and had like clones destroy me when they run towards me and they are like totally killing me.. i like want to like ermmm ..i want to kill everything with button 1.

u know what …roll a thief!

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

another troll asking for some aspect of the mesmer to nerfed.

Anet will of course listen.
its just so tiring and disappointing.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

There are 2 things I hate about the Mesmer
1: My dragons tooth criting doesn’t kill there clones WTF (it will only take 1 or 2 attacks says Anet … meanwhile back at one of the strongest ele attacks …)

2: Stealth. Mesmer fights without stealth are really fun. Mesmer fights with stealth are just stupid.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

1: My dragons tooth criting doesn’t kill there clones WTF (it will only take 1 or 2 attacks says Anet … meanwhile back at one of the strongest ele attacks …)

2: Stealth. Mesmer fights without stealth are really fun. Mesmer fights with stealth are just stupid.

1) that depends on the build, Mesmers have traits and Signets that buff up Phantom (and clone i think) health

2) Pretty much required due to the fact of “Target” Function – Be thankful its not as bad as Perma-stealth thieves…

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

1) that depends on the build, Mesmers have traits and Signets that buff up Phantom (and clone i think) health

2) Pretty much required due to the fact of “Target” Function – Be thankful its not as bad as Perma-stealth thieves…

I don’t mind a short stealth to make me require target, but some of those stealths are a bit stupid.
The reason I hate the clone hp is due to the fact that I will pick a clone (after he makes me lose target) that is doing something odd (because they bugg out every now and then) and start attacking it thinking “must be the real one with this much health” burn through my burst (not much on an ele) kill it and hey presto, it was a clone.

1 more thing, why do the clones randomly aggro to other player?

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hexxen.7216

Hexxen.7216

I don’t mind a short stealth to make me require target, but some of those stealths are a bit stupid.
The reason I hate the clone hp is due to the fact that I will pick a clone (after he makes me lose target) that is doing something odd (because they bugg out every now and then) and start attacking it thinking “must be the real one with this much health” burn through my burst (not much on an ele) kill it and hey presto, it was a clone.

1 more thing, why do the clones randomly aggro to other player?

That is kind of the point of the clones is to confuse you into attacking the wrong thing.

Clones randomly aggro to other players? Can you explain more. I know our clone on dodge trait can pull out a clone that simply attacks the closest thing but this may have been fixed recently as I have stopped playn for the time being.

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

TheDevice.2751

OMG here is OP.

I read all your replies. Ty for taking the time to voice your opinions on the matter. And to sum-up the frequent retorts about “play a mesmer and learn to counter”; I have played a mesmer.

Anyways, looking at all the replies a few things stick out.

Dodge: I’d really like to ask how many times you think people can dodge? Dodge the clones dealing damage every 15 secs (not like you cant make more who conveniently take aggro once spawned), dodge the phantoms insane damage output, dodge the incoming weapon attacks and the weapon swaps, more clones btw, invis if you manage to get too close (while the mesmer has probably dodged himself creating more clones to pop), heal?, refresh, and the fun continues….

before I continue I’d really like to share the relevant fact that vs a mesmer is farrrr more work than playing one. (as i’ve said, I play one…) And I do well most times. I’m not a level 47 nor a level 9 im a level 32. So whatever thats worth.

Long cooldowns? Have you looked at the other classes yourselves? Have you only played mesmers and now have some silly belief that they have ungodly cd’s? They really are not that intense folks. And if your only real defense is saying that thieves are worse… then no kitten. Thieves are worse when it comes to stealth. Does that make it less bs? Not imo.

I would for a sec like to refer to this lil quote I found amusing:

looks like u don’t even know the difference between clones and phantasms, as clones don’t deal a great dmg to u

Especially about the part that clones don’t deal a great dmg to you. That was the actually the only funny part. But really funny. I dug it gj mang. Do you know what a shatter mesmer is?

And I guess since im just fuggin tired I’ll end with this: I really don’t care if dev’s nerf mesmers or not. I would rather they didnt imo. The point the OP(me) was making was that there is hardly if any real hard counter to mesmers in-and out, clone popping, CC throwing, DPSing, mobility-having, lil booties. And pls stop with the 3 second invis thing. 4 seconds is the spec and u are aware of that. Bottom line: provide more counters.

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Dodge: I’d really like to ask how many times you think people can dodge? Dodge the clones dealing damage every 15 secs (not like you cant make more who conveniently take aggro once spawned), dodge the phantoms insane damage output, dodge the incoming weapon attacks and the weapon swaps, more clones btw, invis if you manage to get too close (while the mesmer has probably dodged himself creating more clones to pop), heal?, refresh, and the fun continues….

Its quite easy to tell the Mesmer, so you shouldnt really have that much trouble fiding the real one. The clones do rubbish damage anyway, so no need to dodge them, you can dodge the actual summon of the Phantoms so they arent spawned.

The Illusions (unless traited) die with EASE to the slightest AoE so they arent really that much to worry about. Invisibility is down to player, not everyone runs with them. The heals are pretty weak, Unless you have 3 clones out then one is pretty rubbish, One with a reflection = dont use Projectiles and the Mantra one is pretty awful unless traited for.

before I continue I’d really like to share the relevant fact that vs a mesmer is farrrr more work than playing one. (as i’ve said, I play one…) And I do well most times. I’m not a level 47 nor a level 9 im a level 32. So whatever thats worth.

I play against them and i dont have that much of a problem, both as a Mesmer and on my Ele and on My necro (i only like Magic classes) Have you thought that maybe, just maybe if you are talking WvW you are coming up against stronger/better players?

You might get buffed to level 80, but you will be weaker then another player who is level 50 and buffed up to level 80.

Long cooldowns? Have you looked at the other classes yourselves? Have you only played mesmers and now have some silly belief that they have ungodly cd’s? They really are not that intense folks. And if your only real defense is saying that thieves are worse… then no kitten. Thieves are worse when it comes to stealth. Does that make it less bs? Not imo.

This is down to opinion, but Our Elites are pretty weak and very meh in most situations with VERY long cool downs. Most of our Utilities are just that – Utilities think we have 1 or 2 that increase damage or deal damage so we have to rely on weapons and Phantoms for our damage.

Cant compare Thieves to Mesmers in terms of Stealth, ours is near perfect, not to much stealth and not to little thakittens useless. Unlike Thieves who can pretty much stay stealth and only have what 3-4seconds to be targeted before jumping back into stealth again if they attack someone.

Especially about the part that clones don’t deal a great dmg to you. That was the actually the only funny part. But really funny. I dug it gj mang. Do you know what a shatter mesmer is?

Shatter Mesmer isnt that great, the Shatters are pretty awful as well with Distortion being the only good one and that is for defense. The Confusion pretty much sucks and then you have to consider all the all the traits and such that you miss out on fto get that.

Personally i have no issue against Shatter Mesmers.

And I guess since im just fuggin tired I’ll end with this: I really don’t care if dev’s nerf mesmers or not. I would rather they didnt imo. The point the OP(me) was making was that there is hardly if any real hard counter to mesmers in-and out, clone popping, CC throwing, DPSing, mobility-having, lil booties. And pls stop with the 3 second invis thing. 4 seconds is the spec and u are aware of that. Bottom line: provide more counters.

Again, plenty of ways to beat a Mesmer but if the PLAYER is better then yeah you will lose.

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shadowkiller.6725

Shadowkiller.6725

anet doesn’t hate mesmers…it’s mesmers hating on mesmers. remember when anet gave mesmers a way to generate 12 stacks of might? a few mesmers said it was OP so anet nerfed it…i should say balanced it but that’s just a matter of opinions. 4k shatters per illusions…thieves had 16k crit and every other class went bunker builds…those were fun times.

www recuit : hey commander, why is that clone moving more than the others…i don’t understand
www commander: quiet you, just get ready to press T

a lighter thief

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

anet doesn’t hate mesmers…it’s mesmers hating on mesmers. remember when anet gave mesmers a way to generate 12 stacks of might? a few mesmers said it was OP so anet nerfed it…i should say balanced it but that’s just a matter of opinions. 4k shatters per illusions…thieves had 16k crit and every other class went bunker builds…those were fun times.

www recuit : hey commander, why is that clone moving more than the others…i don’t understand
www commander: quiet you, just get ready to press T

I think part of the problem being that the Trait system for us is a complete mess. They have useless traits and Traits that just shouldnt be in that tree. So (guessing the Might one is the GS #2?) that it only helps CERTAIN builds rather then helping every build, which we all know just isnt possible, you cant buff EVERY spec or all the already strong ones would become OP.

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shadowkiller.6725

Shadowkiller.6725

ArmageddonAsh.6430 i believe a lot of players feel the same way you do. i certainly do. i was referring to the illusion trait that grants might on shatter. it was introduced back in oct i believe. they toned it down since then, like how they toned down condition damage. the game was different back. seeing the changes now is kind of pleasing cause anet is truely listening and the game world, it’s molding into a world that the players want. looking back at www makes me laugh. when keeps had orbs of power…and those hackers…flying mesmers…hilarious cause it was so obvious that players were cheating. flying mesmers portaling a zerg into the keep. it stopped being funny when thf used those hacks…you would wonder, was that a shadowstep?…or teleport hack? can’t tell cause it really does not have an animation. at least with mesmers and ele when they blink you can tell by the butterflies or the lighting striking the ground…but thf using shadowstep…not so much. took anet awhile to catch them but they got them. i notice less thf in www but the ones i do encounter…are pretty kitten tricky and well played. occasssionally you’ll get the new thf that does the 2222 onry…confusion/retrabution mes used to do so well against those types…thf press 2222 to their deaths, but now they have to press 22222222222222 until they die but will run out of AP before unknowingly killing themselves…i hope i made sense…i keep thinking about those flying asura mesmers back then and it cracks me up. nowdays i just roam www with a kite looking for zergs…just see how many seconds of distortions i can pop before getting murdered to the ground

Attachments:

a lighter thief

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nordic Natedog.4360

Nordic Natedog.4360

OMG here is OP.

I read all your replies. Ty for taking the time to voice your opinions on the matter. And to sum-up the frequent retorts about “play a mesmer and learn to counter”; I have played a mesmer.

looks like u don’t even know the difference between clones and phantasms, as clones don’t deal a great dmg to u

You realize you can dodge the shatters, right? If you are up against a shatter spec, it’s about outlasting his initial onslaught.

And to the poster who talked up how long the CD’s are on the shatters, if you take the shatters recharge when your HP hits 50%, you have 2 full round of shatters that a mes could do within a minute and a half. Shatterers often don’t mind taking some early damage just to get that free reset and simply use their heal after it. After that, he’s going to be looking to use his phantasms to keep some pressure on.

Personally, I have run into some great shatter spec players. Sometimes they get me but more often than not I kill them or stalemate them.

Mag (PA)
Figrin the Healer (Guard), Angelic Renae (Mes), Death by Figrin (Thief)

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Is the Might on Shatter or death? I bet its Shatter which makes it useless to me as i rarely use shatters

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

There are counters to mesmer every class has it. The problem is the ability to spot the real mesmer. And one with good defense have a 50/50 shot at beating a mesmer IF you know how to spot the real one fast. It’s very hard to do because any decent mesmer will use stealth to make it really hard to pick him/her out.

I often have a pretty easy time of beating other mesmers because I can pick the real one out very fast and since 95% of the mesmers aren’t used to have someone beating on them none stop and in general run a very glass cannon setup it’s kinda funny how fast they die.

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

@OP: my sincere suggestions to you to improve your chance at defeating a mesmer
- Take your time to learn how to spot the real mesmer. Focus fire on them.
I actually used to go in sPvP with a bunker build and face off different mesmers in there to practice my ‘recognition’ skills. A bunker build helped me stay for longer period of time. Over time, with practice, you can spot the real mesmer very quick.
- Don’t mindlessly charge in and blow all your good attacks on a clone.
- With clones, you can safely ignore them for the most part except when a shatter is coming. Again, learn to recognise the shatter and dodge it.
- With phantasms, only take them out when you can’t attack on the real mesmer (because they’re in stealth or distortion). Otherwise, block/reflect/dodge their attacks and focus fire on the real mesmer as usual.
- AoE attacks sure help but the above tips are for when you lack in AoE attack arsenal.

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

I remember when I used to go to forums to complain about classes like this.

The entire notion that game devs “favor” a particular class is ludicrous, childish and not very thoughtful.

The Dev’s want money, money means the game needs to be fairly balanced. The dev’s wanting money and jobs know they must keep the game fairly balanced to the best of their abilities. That’s how it works in real life where people have mortgages and insurance bills to cover every month. You think it’s cheap living in Seattle? You know a mortgage payment is usually 3000$ a month? What, you think the devs are all 20 year olds living at college? You think they would purposely unbalance the game and risk killing their livelihoods because they “herpa kitten , I really like mesmer!”

Give me a break. You probably also think military spending is about “creating democracy” and not making military contractors rich right?

Common sense is free.

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

OP, L2P…. then you know how to beat a mesmer…

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

So from the last 1 v 1 tournies…find me the mesmer that won them all..

Since they are so OP..

Don’t worry I’m sure you can find it…I’ll just wait here..

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

Since they are so OP..

I’m just going to wait here with you because I’m curious.

I’ve dueled every class in the game and been beaten by almost everyone (except ranger, though i’ve tied with a bunker before. Couldn’t kill each other).

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

Since they are so OP..

Well, I didn’t participate otherwise that wouldn’t have been a problem, luckily for us, I didn’t tho.

Why Devs FAVOR mesmers.

in Mesmer

TheDevice.2751

I remember when I used to go to forums to complain about classes like this.

The entire notion that game devs “favor” a particular class is ludicrous, childish and not very thoughtful.

The Dev’s want money, money means the game needs to be fairly balanced. The dev’s wanting money and jobs know they must keep the game fairly balanced to the best of their abilities. That’s how it works in real life where people have mortgages and insurance bills to cover every month. You think it’s cheap living in Seattle? You know a mortgage payment is usually 3000$ a month? What, you think the devs are all 20 year olds living at college? You think they would purposely unbalance the game and risk killing their livelihoods because they “herpa kitten , I really like mesmer!”

Give me a break. You probably also think military spending is about “creating democracy” and not making military contractors rich right?

Common sense is free.

I got a real kick out of this reply i must say. Mostly because the overall theme is common sense. Allowing a more popular class to have certain perks IS a method of making money. It’s like with anything; make X better since more people like it. That’s marketing. I think its not fair to say what i said was childish or not very thoughtful; since I can explain, and have for the most part, all complaints I made.

You bring up mortgage… WTF?

Military spending? Are you reading what you write?

And when there are post after post on how underwhelming and unattended-to warriors are for months, It is a very plausible reaction to think that some professions are not cared for as much as others. Warriors have not only been left in the dust but have been kitten on patch after patch. Necro’s JUST got an up-to-par patch… since release. If these guys where sweating too hard as you described about real balance these things AT THE VERY LEAST would warrant responses from the devs.

You somehow, with all your common sense ranting, have completely thrown it out of the window. It’s free man. I’ll share some with you. YES the devs are interested in money. Money > Balance. In fact money takes precedence over any content concerning the game. If 30% of their playerbase plays a mesmer on a consistent basis they will do everything they can not to upset them. If they nerf too hard they risk players crying and leaving cuz their favorite class is not the strongest anymore.

In a post on elementalists a few weeks ago some guy said he was leaving the game because his class was getting too many nerfs which of course resulted in replies agreeing and claiming they are doing the same. This is the truth.

But really I don’t care. It’s just a freaking game kitten . I spelled out some very clear complaints on how frequent invisibility while passively gaining avenues of DPS has no hard counter. Your argument consisted of mortgage bills and government tyranny.

Anyways, glhf