Why are you excited for chronomancer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

I have personally liked every elite reveal so far, the dragon hunter is meh to me but it’s mostly because I don’t like guard.
I just re watched all the reveals again and I have slightly different feelings toward the chrono than I did when I first saw it. On the flip side everyone hates on the tempest and I think it looks great

in Mesmer

Posted by: Yobculture.5786

Yobculture.5786

Probably best elite spec I’ve seen to date.

Far Shiverpeaks

in Mesmer

Posted by: Treetoptrickster.4205

Treetoptrickster.4205

1. Reaper: love reaper’s shroud – love the weapon – like the shouts – fun traits > 8/10
A clear example of the goal of an elite spec. Lots of interesting traits with strong combos.
Can’t wait to try it.

2. Chrono: love new shatter – love the weapon – love the wells – like the traits > 7/10
A kitten fine specimen. Could have changed the playstyle a bit more and had more innovative traits. Still love it and I really wanna get my hands on it.

3. DH: like new virtues – love the weapon – like the traps – alright traits > 6/10
Brings ranged combat to the Guardian and I’m very happy with the new skills. The traits just have a few too many dull old damage modifiers and a few other random boon ones.
Gonna try it out, probably gonna love it.

4. Tempest: meh overloads – like the weapon – lukewarm to shouts – meh traits > 4/10
Overloads feel a bit underwhelming. Doesn’t feel as unfamiliar as I would’ve liked. Warhorn skills and new visuals are mostly really cool! Shouts seem pretty standard and what you’d expect. The traits seem a bit messy and strange. I feel like my Tempest has to be an auramancer to get the most put of the new line. Hoping for some improvements.

All the rest: I want you in my life.

(edited by Treetoptrickster.4205)

in Mesmer

Posted by: glenndevis.8327

glenndevis.8327

Hmm i’m excited for it coz i really love the theme. A time/illusion kind of mage… seems kitten amazing.

That being said, I do miss something though.
Most other specs we’ve seen so far seem to get a lot more new “toys” to play with. (not counting the new utilities coz i suppose every spec will get about the same amount.)

Dragon hunter gets their mechanic reworked & a 2handed weapon& same with reaper.
Tempest only has an offhand but ele has 4 attunements to swap between anyway so they have more new skills to play with too & they get their mechanic “reworked” (more like powered up but those are also new skills.)

Chronomancer… 2 offhand skills… and an extra F button. I like shield, I don’t mind getting just an offhand, but they should have done something else as well in my opinion. Reworking the current mechanic or at least changing it in a way would have been a nice thing I think.

in Mesmer

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Chronomancer… 2 offhand skills… and an extra F button. I like shield, I don’t mind getting just an offhand, but they should have done something else as well in my opinion. Reworking the current mechanic or at least changing it in a way would have been a nice thing I think.

True, mesmer really should have got a new 2 handed weapon or a mainhand at the very least.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Mesmer

Posted by: redcomyn.4651

redcomyn.4651

To me, the Chronomancer is the one I am least interested in. However I will still try it out. Who knows, I might like it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Alacrity and Illusionary Reversion.

Those two things will be game changers for shatter heavy condition play.

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

will have to see how much alacrity and slow can be proc with this trait line as it can be game changer if used right
also the ability to go back in time its new feature which is very interesting
and the ability to proc clone on shatter and phantasms might be another way without DE

in Mesmer

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Alacrity and Illusionary Reversion.

Those two things will be game changers for shatter heavy condition play.

This. Very much this.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Seeing Tempest is kinda sad, as its boon support and boonrip will make it an even better pick for every game mode and heavily steps in Mesmer territory. Perma Shocking Aura and 25s cd on an AoE pull without target limit is nothing to sneeze at, either.

On the bright side, Chrono will bring long awaited movement speed, the powerful slow and 100% critchance with Fury on a slowed enemy. The only sad thing is that i’ll need to craft another set of Ascended Armor, because i have Traveler on mine.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

Continuum split, wells, Tides of Time, Alacrity… I’m really looking forward to it. I think it will make Mesmers even more valuable in group fights…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

#1: Time Marches On. Permanent 25% movement increase.
#2: Chronophantasms. Finally, I get to use all my boosted shatter traits without losing phantasm DPS.
#3: The wells. With the trait All’s Well that Ends Well, this can easily replace mantras as the most useful utilities in PVE.
#4: Continuum Shift. That has great combos, especially with time warp. Shift, Time Warp, Time Warp again immediately. Or, just use Shift so I can have Time Warp every 60 seconds.

The hardest part about the Chronomancer is picking which line to get rid of. My current PVE build is Dom/Duel/Inspiration. I’m probably going to oust inspirations, because while it has many useful things (AoE cleanse, reflect and better focus skills, glamor boost, AoE distortion), many of those utilities will be handled by the new Chrono Traits.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Hrm, for me there’s 2 main points:

• The whole concept. After the Mesmer failed to be a class about debuffing enemies and disabling them, the Chronomancer messing with time conceptually sounds like the next-best thing. A “reset” being their most core ability drives this forward even independent of the rather disappointing well-effects.
  • Speaking of wells, all in all I enjoy the idea of more AE support, though. I wish the wells were built more around the concept of the spec and their names, like the healing well healing you for health lost in the previous few seconds and so on. But still, gimme more support!
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

I’ll get rid of Inspiration, too. Since i no longer need Traveler runes, i’ll instead go for Hoelbrak or similar, use -condi food (in WvW) and be nearly immune to cripple/chill/immob and hopefully resistent enough against the remaining conditions (+ stealth to avoid them in the first place), that i don’t need cleanses.