Why didn't Mirage get a new F skills?

in Mesmer

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

Engi got holosmith
Necro got shades
Warrior got counter
Ele gets to weave its attunements.

Mesmer… gets a slightly different dodge? Everyone else has something changed with their f skills. Thats sort of what changing a classes profession mechanic means.

I think the fact that we didn’t get this added to the lackluster feel of mirage, and the fact that its barely even an elite spec.

In my opinion, along with buffing ambush skills, and making mirrors not garbage, they should give us new f1-f4 skills with a mirage theme to them. That or something that actually changes our f skills.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Novamatrix.2569

Novamatrix.2569

They seriously need to rework mirage BEFORE sep 22 release. with HoT, chrono was one of the greatest traitlines in gw2, now anet pushed this complete trash elite spec on us while making it sound like the holy kitten graile in their promo for PoF

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Really we got mobility and flexibility it’s kind of hard to deny how powerful that is in PvP and WvW, when it comes to covering ourselves, and hiding our bursts. But
this won’t matter at all in fights that require us to DPS, but that’s nothing’s new.

TBH I honestly wouldn’t mind if our Ambush triggers lasted 2 seconds and was in the f5 slot with a buff nice enough to do substantial damage at least split for PvE.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: glenndevis.8327

glenndevis.8327

I would have preferred it if our ambushes triggered off something else rather than our dodges.
Maybe… an F5 button with charges on a short cooldown.
Or replace shatters with clone attacks to make our clones do more than 1 thing.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

Why must Elite specs change the profession’s F mechanic?

Scrapper’s doesn’t. Daredevil’s doesn’t.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Why must Elite specs change the profession’s F mechanic?

Scrapper’s doesn’t. Daredevil’s doesn’t.

They don’t need it, but moving the ambush to button separate from our attack chain can have it’s benefits.

People asking for a completely new mechanic at this point is a bit unrealistic. It’ll never happen.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

I think the general theme is take some bits of some classes and import them into other classes as elite specs. For mes it it has some elements of thief in there: a few evades built into skills, and 2 shadowsteps (probably to make up for the fact of not having the ileap from sword unless you run 4 weapons).